Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Black Square Announces the B60 Duke!

Oh man, great news, can't wait for both versions, instant buy for sure.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Oh this is the best thing I’ve read all day!  Absolutely loved the Real Air versions…might have been one of the few that actually preferred the non-turbine version.

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

He talked about a TBM 850. I can't see it in there "in development page". Where can we find preview of it? Really looking forwards both. (Duke and TBM). Thanks.

Real Deraps

12 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

He talked about a TBM 850. I can't see it in there "in development page". Where can we find preview of it? Really looking forwards both. (Duke and TBM). Thanks.

They teased it at the end of their Baron/Bonanza video here: 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

20 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

They teased it at the end of their Baron/Bonanza video here: 

Thanks.

Real Deraps

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

I'll expose my ignorance of the FSX/early P3d era here by asking what made the Duke/Royal Turbine Duke so special to people using those sims ?

The RealAir version was/is one of the best and most complete simulated GA twin engined aircraft for those sims and its time, in pretty much all ways. Sound, visuals, systems, performance, flight model etc. Just a blast to fly, especially the turbine version which can quite easily be described as overpowered.

Called the Royal Turbine Duke conversion,[8] the modification increases fuel capacity by 28 US gal (110 L) and the maximum useful load by 400 lb (180 kg). The take-off length required is shortened by over 1,500 ft (460 m) to only 1,000 ft (300 m) and the landing distance is reduced by over 2,000 ft (610 m) to only 900 ft (270 m). The maximum rate of climb is increased from 1,600 to 4,000 ft/min (500 to 1,200 m/min), reducing the time to climb to 25,000 ft (7,600 m) from 25 to 9 minutes. The cruise speed is increased to 290 knots (540 km/h) at 29,000 ft (8,800 m)

Source: Wikipedia

Nothing quite like blasting off from a relatively short strip somewhere and climbing out like nobody's business.

Edited to add that this will be a day one buy for me, like many others I suppose. I'm having a lot of fun with the analog King Air at the moment, and it makes me think the systems side is covered for sure. If he puts the same time and effort into modeling, texturing and sounds, this will be awesome.

Edited by Prpn

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

I'll expose my ignorance of the FSX/early P3d era here by asking what made the Duke/Royal Turbine Duke so special to people using those sims ?

It was just a cool plane all around.  Great flight model (realair is still the best imo), sounds, and capable aircraft.  I think 4000fpm climbs - cruise FL250, pressurized, flight into known icing certified.  Plus it had great avionics setup for GNS and GTN units!

Maybe Nick from Black Square will take on a Lancair Legacy turbocharged 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

How many times has RealAir been mentioned in these threads?  I hope that the current MSFS dev teams get it.

sp

There's no doubt A2A was more systems deep but to me, the Realair birds flew just a bit nicer...  it was just the magic touch from Rob and Sean

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

They were miles ahead in flight feel… miss them both in the new Sim. At least we have Rob’s delightful TN Bonanza! That’s still a special aeroplane for me.

C

• Like 5

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

It was just a cool plane all around.  Great flight model (realair is still the best imo), sounds, and capable aircraft.  I think 4000fpm climbs - cruise FL250, pressurized, flight into known icing certified.  Plus it had great avionics setup for GNS and GTN units!

Maybe Nick from Black Square will take on a Lancair Legacy turbocharged 🙂

Or an Evolution and Epic ? 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I always found it curious that the Turbine conversion meant Vne for the Duke increased by about 50 knots. 

Never really understood how swapping in a PT6A would change Vne .