Sign in to follow this  
polosim

FSDT KIAH will be ready for release

….. before June 2023.

To be more specific, KIAH should be completed before Friday 23th. This is what they said in their forum, since FSDT are attending the FsExpo 2023 that will be held in Houston, TX. 

Quote:

virtuali

” I can only repeat and confirm KIAH is in development right now, it will be out fairly soon and, since we are attending the FsExpo in KIAH, it would be quite embarrassing if we didn't had it out in time for the show so yes, you can be sure it's coming before June. “

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26184.0.html

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I really hope this is true. Been waiting for KIAH and PHNL ever since MSFS was 1st released!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Clickbaiting title, shame on you.

I mean, maybe he could've added "before FS Expo" but the title is factually correct.

Anyway, it's great news.

I believe someone else is doing KHOU as well in time for the Expo. 

Edited by chapstick

1 hour ago, chapstick said:

I mean, maybe he could've added "before FS Expo" but the title is factually correct.

Anyway, it's great news.

I believe someone else is doing KHOU as well in time for the Expo. 

Yep that would be Fsimstudios with Texan simulations

• Upvote 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

if its coming from fs dreamteam this is definitely a first day buy!!!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Technically, FSExpo is being held at KEFD. 

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

Umberto mentioned in the past it is a port over from P3D. While I know he wouldn't release garbage, I have some concerns and it'd be nice to see some preview shots. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, BufordTX said:

Technically, FSExpo is being held at KEFD. 

Isn't it at the doubletree right there at hobby?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

33 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Isn't it at the doubletree right there at hobby?

The opening ceremony and product reveals will be at the DoubleTree at KHOU on Friday.  The vendor booths and seminars will commence on Saturday morning at the museum about 15 mins south of KHOU. (I'll be one of the guest speakers on Saturday. 😉 ) 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Umberto mentioned in the past it is a port over from P3D. While I know he wouldn't release garbage, I have some concerns and it'd be nice to see some preview shots. 

So a port from FSX?

The P3D version is pretty much the FSX version made to work in 64 bit but thats about it. Still the same from when it first came out. I feel like it will be an upgraded version with all the new changes KIAH has had since the FSX release.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

What he actually said is that we can be sure it's coming before June, basically a month earlier than what the post suggests.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

All our big airports we released so far has been FSX/P3D ports, with only KORD technically being a "real" P3D port, since all the others were made for FSX as well.

The most appreciated and the best selling one, is the oldest FSX port: Zurich ( and it continues to be the best selling one today ), which is impressive, considering it's was originally made in 2007 and there's a free handcrafted alternative in the sim.

Of course, all these ports have been heavily reworked, just making the "AFCAD" and the GSX profile for KIAH is taking more time than making a small airport like KEYW.  It will of course fully updated to current 2023 Navdata, that includes the new Terminal C ( which is of course made from scratch for MSFS ), and all the other changes that has been happening to the airport since 2014, when it came out. It will have higher resolution textures, full dynamic lighting, TC with interiors and animated people, total integration with GSX, etc..

So, it's a port, but I hope is a good one. It will be priced quite aggressively.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 10

The “heavily reworked” port of KCLT leaves a lot to be desired. Everything outside the immediate terminal and jetways looks plain and generic including all the GA areas and hangars. The whole east side of the field is so unrealistically dark at night it’s almost a joke. First and for now, last FSDT scenery I will buy for MSFS. If KIAH is of similar fashion to CLT with everything beyond the immediate terminals being generic with no texturing, lighting, signage, etc.. it will be a hard pass.

Eric 

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

The “heavily reworked” port of KCLT leaves a lot to be desired. Everything outside the immediate terminal and jetways looks plain and generic including all the GA areas and hangars. The whole east side of the field is so unrealistically dark at night it’s almost a joke. 

KCLT looks a bit plain in real life too.

While when a new scenery comes out that is basically unusable due to performance problems and users seem to complain, you seem to have skipped any comments about performances in KCLT. Fairness should also point out the strong points of every product, which should include the price. Or performances are no longer appreciated ?

I'm aware that peripheral areas in KCLT aren't as good as they could have been, especially the dynamic lighting, which is really lacking in those areas, that's something we need to improve.

It's a scenery that has been started by a modeler in FSX, moved to a another guy in P3D, and another team in MSFS, and some parts clearly shows different styles and different attention to detail and different understanding of the various simulator. And, it was developed during an unfortunate time: the summer of 2021, when SU5 came out, which for users was just a general minor annoyance due to too heavy handed optimizations to make the program fit in the (extremely) limited memory of the Xbox (especially the S, it's wonder MSFS even starts there...), for developers, it made almost impossible to work with the SDK editor, because it crashed every few minutes, it was so bad, we took the habit to save each time we added a single point or line or polygon. Even if we didn't lose too much work by saving every minute, it required a sim restart every time, and this happened exactly when it was time to do most of the work with the editor, the crashes were fixed only months later with SU6, at the end of October but, by that time, the scenery was basically finished, and finally be able to work at a normal pace arrived too late to allow any time to do better detailing. I can only promise to have another look at it, if we can take a break from GSX weekly updates.

KIAH is made by the same author that did LSZH and KORD, so it's surely more consistent, and we are trying to pay attention to lighting everywhere, but you can't expect the same kind of detail of something made from the ground up for MSFS, which is kind of a problem with extremely large airports to do it at *usable* level of performances, without even mentioning the max 1000 simobjects limit, considering we'll take about 200 *just* for jetways and VGDSs.

The goal here is offer an usable airport, one you will want to go there often, because it won't have performance problems, where all activities from AI flow to Ground services flow will work as expected because the airport layout has been made by paying quite a bit of attention to them so, it's more like a "fly me" airport, rather than a "show-me" airport. 

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1