Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Transall C-160 by AzurPoly out!

On 5/5/2023 at 17:33, james42 said:

Siempre quise un C-160 decente, definitivamente uno de mis transportes militares favoritos. Sería bueno si también pudieran hacer una variante "civilizada" con un GTN750 a bordo, ya que definitivamente sería un gran avión de arbustos.

+1000 

This is so close to being a C-130,   which is something I really long for in this sim.               /Crapt'nSim's C130 doesn't count.

• Like 2

I will look forward to a few more YouTube videos being published on this one, and hope to buy depending of how reviews of the released product go.

I read and watched quite a bit about this aircraft which, in her way, was iconic in the French Air Force. Ex-Yougoslavia, Africa, we put her to good use.   My kind of aircraft. My conclusion is that I will wait to buy her until  she has been completed.

I do appreciate developers like Fyingiron improving, fine tuning  their products, after release. But the product is already complete when it goes to the market. This is apparently not the case here.  

I don't think that releasing an unfinished product with missing important functionalities is the way this industry should go. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What functions are missing on the Transall currently?

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

How is it acceptable to release a plane with so many features missing nowadays? Basic nav mode isn’t even implemented yet, let alone basically any of the FMS?

I guess it has a cockpit, woohoo! We’re setting the bar pretty low these days.

• Like 5

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

What functions are missing on the Transall currently?

You cannot fly it IFR for one. It is a VFR only machine.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I think AzurPoly felt this is more a plane for VFR which is quite unique on the market right now. It is heavy (certainly feels that way when it is full) and at the same time capable of amazing maneuvers and landing capabilities.It is super fun to fly, the flight model is a joy and the quality of the textures is word not allowed good.

They may add more IFR capabilities in the future but I don't think this is the main purpose.

The only payware aircrafts I own are this one and the PMDG 737, they both fill a very specific and different need.

If you want a heavy with perfect IFR capabilities, go for an airliner I guess. But if you want to land on dirt runways, in the desert, on a beach, in a field like they do in the army, no IFR instruments will help you...

I personally feel the lack of a tablet for landing and takeoff performance for example in the PMDG 737 is more of a deal breaker if you think about the price they are selling it, and everybody seems to understand PMDG needs more time.

Give them time and this will be a fantastic aircraft 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Give them time  🙂

I will as I said . I’ll keep an eye on this one. 

It is not about IFR or VFR, it is about having a decent navigation suite whatever flying rules you follow. And possibly an autopilot. 

You don’t drive such an aircraft with a watch and a compass. And using a Transall only in clear weather doesn’t make sense to me. 

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

I will as I said . I’ll keep an eye on this one. 

It is not about IFR or VFR, it is about having a decent navigation suite whatever flying rules you follow. And possibly an autopilot. 

You don’t drive such an aircraft with a watch and a compass. And using a Transall only in clear weather doesn’t make sense to me. 

Oh, I was answering to kiwikat 🙂

But you are right

6 hours ago, kiwikat said:

How is it acceptable to release a plane with so many features missing nowadays? Basic nav mode isn’t even implemented yet, let alone basically any of the FMS?

I guess it has a cockpit, woohoo! We’re setting the bar pretty low these days.

Because it's a work in progress and Azurpoly are open about that.

You might not agree with releasing things that way but I take a different view.

I've done many a combat landing in the back of C130s from my military/contractor days.🤢

This may scratch the itch!🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

4 hours ago, Noooch said:

If you want a heavy with perfect IFR capabilities, go for an airliner I guess. But if you want to land on dirt runways, in the desert, on a beach, in a field like they do in the army, no IFR instruments will help you..

I’m sorry and please try not to take much offense. But that is possibly one of the more ridiculous standards I’ve ever heard anyone mention.  You might as well just buy the CS toy herk if you think we should settle for a VFR only platform for dirt runways.

I’ve gotten enough time in IMC navigating from FOB to FOB in Afghanistan to tell you. Just because an aircraft lands in the dirt doesn’t meant it doesn’t need a ROBUST avionics suite. In fact, I’d argue the complete opposite. The herk is more than capable creating its own self contained approaches to LZs.  We don’t just play around when it’s nice and sunny out. We would go out day/night in inclement weather. 

Everyone needs to stop making excuses for these developers that release have baked aircraft just to get some cash revenue.  Next thing you know we’ll have another Captainsim, Sky Simulations or Abacus on our hands again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I imagine the weather, especially in the winter, in countries like Afghanistan ain't exactly VFR. 🤣 Sub-Saharan African countries where this aircraft did quite a lot of aid work for France and the U.N. also tend to have very challenging weather conditions. I was so looking forward to purchasing this as it's a gorgeous model on the inside and the outside, however the complete lack of simple radio navigation like VOR's and ILS not being able to couple to the autopilot is a complete 100% no go. Isn't the default MSFS AP already implemented in the simulation as a gauge when it comes to the SDK? All you need to do is add a temporary AP gauge with a NAV1 and NAV2 radio source... I've added several AP's to aircraft that didn't have them so I could use my Saitek AP to set ALT, APP, NAV, VS, HDG, etc on aircraft I really enjoy flying when it's wet out.

Hopefully the aircraft is updated in the future. I kind of feel bad for those that purchased this on the marketplace when it first appeared as there was no warning in the listing of the complete lack of IFR functionality. I'm surprised Microsoft/Asobo allowed it with their no refund policy.   

Andrew Walker

7 hours ago, Noooch said:

I think AzurPoly felt this is more a plane for VFR which is quite unique on the market right now.

Pretty hefty price tag for a plane that is essentially just a toy. We've seen so many half-baked products released as cash-grabs and it's not the direction I was hoping for, when you consider how good of a platform we finally have. If they were selling it for 5 bucks, then sure. But, come on...

• Like 3