Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

What Does MSFS Do Best?

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but MSFS has by far, the most realistic representation of G1000, G3000, and G5000 avionics in any sim that is included in the default version. Now, add the WT 787 and 747, which is also default, it's easy to see that MSFS offer the best avionics out of the box, ever, in any sim. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Make ai aircraft going around

😁😄

2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Make ai aircraft going around

Duplicate..deleted 

Edited by F1Fan

Been simming for almost three decades. MSFS 2020 is the best I could have ever imagined. 

• Like 9

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

MSFS admittedly rejuvinated the sport of flight simulation.  Totally.  Brought it into a new era.  If it wishes to be undeniable it needs to resolve some partner/license  arrangements it evidently entered into in its infamacy and recognize some partners have not risen to the occasion. Time to call in some markers.  Then it and we really soar!  Like really soar!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It's pretty much what I dreamed about decades ago and talked about in places like Avsim:  3D enhanced streamed satellite imagery based scenery.  Throw in plausible clouds and weather, the lighting, and somehow w/ the kind of performance I always dreamed of.   I'd like to see MS/A continue to develop core pieces to include weather/cloud depiction.  To me it's as fundamental as ground scenery and we spend more time on the whole in the air.  As hardware capability improves this can be exploited by progressive updates essentially in resolution in ground scenery and cloud depiction as well.  I think this project could be so big it would have to be contracted out:  shader-based, geolocation driven seasonal vegetation change for the entire planet.  Organic, subtle, automated, and everyone would love it if done as we can imagine it could be done--but a lot of work I bet!  More genera, understanding the seasonal morphing process for each type of genera and so forth.  Who knows in the 7y3m it could happen 😁

• Like 7

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The snow covering - texturing needs work (best to add snow using manual weather, but then have to turn live off), but other than that I'm fairly happy with the weather system. The snowing animation itself could also be better, but the rain effects are great. I can understand why people would want even more detailed weather, but it's not a big deal really, it's pretty good.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 4

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

It entertains. It is constantly evolving so there is always something new to keep me interested. World Updates, Sim Updates, New planes and new scenery.

• Like 4

What does MSFS do best?

In two words: "lower pricing"

In a word? "value"

Edited by bofhlusr
  • Like 6

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

5 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but MSFS has by far, the most realistic representation of G1000, G3000, and G5000 avionics in any sim that is included in the default version. Now, add the WT 787 and 747, which is also default, it's easy to see that MSFS offer the best avionics out of the box, ever, in any sim. 

And from my understanding, MSFS also has the best default GNS 430 and best default GNS 530.  To get a better GNS 430/530, you would have to purchase the payware version (I think Reality XP GNS 430, or some other payware version?).

And from my understanding, MSFS also has the best G3000. From my understanding, there isn't a better payware G3000 out there.  For the G5000, I am not so sure.  Is there a better G5000 out there for a civilian home use flight simulator (ie. P3D or XP), even if it is payware, than the G5000 in MSFS?

For the G1000, I am also curious. Granted, the G1000 in MSFS is the NXi version. But is there a better G1000, even if it is payware, than the one in MSFS?

• Like 6

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

MSFS does everything better than everything in every other sim.

unfortunately not. in all fairness:

ambient lighting looks much better in another x-perimental simulator.

MSFS is not FAA-approved, can't be used to count simulator time for IFR training.

no way to change weather via SDK.

multiple screens/windows, cirrus clouds, joystick configuration - not better than in any other sim.

what MSFS does do better is to make best use of latest hardware: GPU programming plus Nvidia's FrameGeneration  providing highest fps/smoothest performance of all other sims at given graphics settings.

most other posts I'd agree with.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Despite some obvious quirks and required improvements, MSFS still delivers immersion like no other sim ever did.  On that basis I can see past many of the flaws, which,  in non-immersive sims like P3D,  bugged me every time i used it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Despite some obvious quirks and required improvements, MSFS still delivers immersion like no other sim ever did.  On that basis I can see past many of the flaws, which,  in non-immersive sims like P3D,  bugged me every time i used it.

Couldn't agree more exact my feelings...

• Like 4

André

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

unfortunately not. in all fairness:

MSFS is not FAA-approved, can't be used to count simulator time for IFR training.

Why don't you tell us all how much money the FAA approved sim costs including cost of equipment needed, you can round it off into approximate thousand dollars? 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310