Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

ORBX EGLC London City v2 RELEASED!

Bought, installed and had a quick flight - it really does look quite different to before. A big improvement. Given where I live and fly this was a must and it's a very worthwhile upgrade I think. Cost me all of £4.92

• Like 5

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 hours ago, Riah069 said:

I do own there V1.0 if you call it that. And yes the discount is there for me. Just querying why the $8.00 to goto V2.0. I would understand if the airport was completely stripped and all new assets etc where used.

$8 for an updated airport is hardly a hard ask.  I just appreciate the fact that it's being updated.  If you don't think the update adds value to your overall experience, don't get it.  Simples.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Bought, installed and had a quick flight - it really does look quite different to before. A big improvement. Given where I live and fly this was a must and it's a very worthwhile upgrade I think. Cost me all of £4.92

Funny how exchange rates fluctuate even within a couple of hours, I purchased it this morning and it was £4.70.

I thought it was worth it for little more than the price of a coffee.

Edited by andym001

this plus Flytampa EHAM will make my weekend!!

• Like 2

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Thanks for bringing all of your preconceptions to the table and sharing them with us.
Why, in the world of Avsim, professional scenery developers are expected to work for no return escapes me.

Hey, no problem! 
I was just sharing a personal opinion actually, like I am allowed to do in a forum (unless you don't like free speech?), but I note your strangely aggressive response and personal attack.
Maybe you should learn to play the ball and not the man.

PS.  I don't expect anybody to work for nothing by the way - I wouldn't, and I never said that.  I was talking about if the extra fee is worth it for me personally. 
But anyway, I am not going to get so upset about what are basically pixels on a screen.  :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Maybe it's just me?  But I can't seem to pay using Paypal. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

4 hours ago, Matchstick said:

That's 8 Australian Dollars not US Dollars

Thanks for the correction - that is quite a difference.  As St Mawgan says, about £5 then.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, virtualstuff said:

• A small upgrade fee of approximately USD $5.00 (excluding taxes) for a completely rebuilt airport for existing customers of EGLC for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We are looking to replicate this upgrade offer on the Microsoft Marketplace utilizing their "bundle" feature.

I will wait until the upgrade bundle will be available in the Marketplace then (why did I buy it there instead of Orbx Direct, like all the other Orbx stuff I bought? I dont know)

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

And the airport, at long, long last, is starred on the world map! It's worth the fiver for that alone!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Really?  $8 dollars for this update?

I've just paid a bit less than $5

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I've just paid a bit less than $5

Yes Ed, turns out the original quote was Australian Dollars.

• Like 1

I paid something less than 10 USD for V1. Together with the 8 AUD for the upgrade that's still cheaper than buying V2. If it brings EGLC up to MSFS standards that's a fair deal if you ask me.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

4 or 5 Quid update bargain and bought 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

I wonder if owners of V1 purchased through the Marketplace will get any sort of offer to upgrade to V2 or get the special price for V2??

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

V2 is OK. But is not in any way up to the standards of Pilot Plus, Pyreegue and others.