Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

FSLabs Concorde on the way (Beta testing for P3D first)

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Not that the members of this forum represent the entire FlightSim community....but a quick show of hands here at Avsim (and who reads this) of who's buying the FSL Concorde for P3d.   I'll start:

No  

No

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes, yes, yes.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

No for me, has nothing to do with platform. Just not interested in the Concorde. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Yes for MSFS. For P3D, just if the amount paid converts to MSFS purchases, like PMDG did with the NGXu.

• Like 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I love the Concorde and I'm still bummed it doesn't fly anymore although I understand the financial reality of it. I just don't know about flying it as a simulator. It is a steep learning curve and in real life the process of flying it was split up to areas of expertise. I'm sure there will be some youtube videos of folks setting it up and flying it. It should be interesting.

Yea, also not interested. It is not the platform, just not interested in the Concord. I prefer current aircraft on current routes and learning about how and why things operate today. The Concord while a marvel when it went into service -- 54 years ago -- today is archaic and given its complexity I just can't see me dedicating the time to learn it well; and buying an aircraft at this level and just jumping in an kind of flying does not seem right. Happy for all those who are into this kind of flying and look forward to reading the impressions and watching the videos!

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

Put me down for a P3D Concorde. I'm not territorial about what platform I use.

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

who's buying the FSL Concorde for P3d.   I'll start:

No  

(Ray, I think you may be one of the very few who's gonna' check yes here..

Odd that you should ask that question in the MSFS forum. Why not ask it in the P3D one.

I’m only in this forum for my mod duties. 

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No for P3D and No for MSFS. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Why everyone care about financial side of this project?

FSL decided to do this iconic plane and kudos to them for their courage and dedication.

Have plan to buy her, unless price will be 200 Euro...

• Like 3

Artur 

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Not that the members of this forum represent the entire FlightSim community....but a quick show of hands here at Avsim (and who reads this) of who's buying the FSL Concorde for P3d.   I'll start:

No 

Not interested about P3D-version anymore but yes for MSFS

Edited by MPL
  • Like 1

Mikael Leinonen

3 hours ago, Cognita said:

Yea, also not interested. It is not the platform, just not interested in the Concord. I prefer current aircraft on current routes and learning about how and why things operate today. The Concord while a marvel when it went into service -- 54 years ago -- today is archaic and given its complexity I just can't see me dedicating the time to learn it well; and buying an aircraft at this level and just jumping in an kind of flying does not seem right. Happy for all those who are into this kind of flying and look forward to reading the impressions and watching the videos!

Famous last words. You will be one of the first in line to buy this......

Edited by CapnOz

Peter Osborn

According to the article, it will enter into beta next week. A word of caution to those of you newer to the hobby- this WILL NOT come soon. Fslabs really take the time to make it perfect. I would think the beta will last at least 9-12 months. So just hold your horses.

• Upvote 1

Peter Osborn

No for P3D and No for MSFS.

That said, I want it to release as soon as possible (that's asking a lot for FSLabs) because I want all their resources to be dedicated to the A330 for MSFS.

• Upvote 4

If FSLabs released a scaled down version of the Concorde at a price like the iniBuilds AN-225 they would do well given the number of PC and Xbox users now. Paying big bucks for a high end version, likely not going to sell well for this platform. Never bought a Concorde for any platform. We will likely have to buy new hangar space by the time we see it here!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K