Sign in to follow this  
ttbq1

P3D V5.4 is available

Chaseplane is in the process of receiving an update via OrbX. Who's missing, TOGA Projects?

• Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Maxime says TOGA will come later this month. I think he is a one man band, so when it is here, it is here. I have been using AS with ASCA and all looks fine

sherm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Chaseplane is in the process of receiving an update via OrbX. Who's missing, TOGA Projects?

And for those that use it FFTF.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

In the process? Nothing shows on my Orbx account yet.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

6 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

In the process? Nothing shows on my Orbx account yet.

Run Verify installation und you will get the update.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

20 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

And for those that use it, FFTF.

Further to my previous post above, now that ChasePlane has been updated I have re-installed V5.4

and it appears that FFTF works fine with it, despite saying its for version 5.3.17.28160.

Anyone else finding the same?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ronaldo1978 said:

Run Verify installation und you will get the update.

Thank you. Why can't they tell you that?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

23 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Thank you. Why can't they tell you that?

Don't know Ian. I have the same question as you.

Anyway , I popped over to P42's Discord site and discovered they have a "dashboard" of releases. The P3D v5.4 release is mentioned there. Note the build number.

Maybe best to book mark this link: https://parallel42.com/pages/release-dashboard

Also, just an FYI, on Discord there was a post about CP not working with P3Dv5.3. A fix/update for that problem has been issued for that too in the latest release! That was yesterday.

Edited by 787flyer

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

On 6/6/2023 at 3:57 AM, level7 said:

FS Labs isn't switched over yet

We've just pushed out the update for v5.4. 

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

18 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

Further to my previous post above, now that ChasePlane has been updated I have re-installed V5.4

and it appears that FFTF works fine with it, despite saying its for version 5.3.17.28160.

Anyone else finding the same?

And just to add that the reply I received from the FFTF people, re. if they intend to update their S/W, was as follows:-

"I am working on it...."

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, MachTwo said:

We've just pushed out the update for v5.4.

Thank you SO much for continuing to support P3D

• Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I installed 5.4 yesterday. I did a full uninstall of 5.3 and full reinstall of the new version. I noticed, disabled files like default boat and aircraft traffic were not replaced with enabled files as before. Maybe the installler checks the files and recognizes files having another extension like .off or similar. Nice not to have to disable them again and again.

Although TOGA isn't ready yet, I had no problems and avoid to start Envdir to set up anything. Just leaving it as it is for now. 

I only did a short flight and it felt a bit smoother but still had some loading stutters sometimes. A problem they will solve one day I hope. Even with the fastes rig having stutters is very sad.

Dan

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

8 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

I installed 5.4 yesterday. I did a full uninstall of 5.3 and full reinstall of the new version. I noticed, disabled files like default boat and aircraft traffic were not replaced with enabled files as before. Maybe the installler checks the files and recognizes files having another extension like .off or similar. Nice not to have to disable them again and again.

Although TOGA isn't ready yet, I had no problems and avoid to start Envdir to set up anything. Just leaving it as it is for now. 

I only did a short flight and it felt a bit smoother but still had some loading stutters sometimes. A problem they will solve one day I hope. Even with the fastes rig having stutters is very sad.

Dan

I did a long flight Dublin to JFK in my PMDG 744 and really didn't notice anything of note. All the ancillary programs seemed to work and the flight was completed with no problems.

Maybe the work in the background of 5.4 made things better for the Computer!

All is missing for me now is EZCA EzDok to be compatible.