Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Paid version of Google Map Mod.

I have been using the Google Map Mod now for a couple of weeks and really like it, the Google maps seem to work no matter where I am flying, Europe, Africa, New Zealand etc. My question is, has anyone purchased the enhanced version and is it worth it as far as the better maps they claim it provides? 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have been using the Google Map Mod now for a couple of weeks and really like it, the Google maps seem to work no matter where I am flying, Europe, Africa, New Zealand etc. My question is, has anyone purchased the enhanced version and is it worth it as far as the better maps they claim it provides? 

Finally you are beginning to understand what I have been claiming for ages...with Google Map MSFS gets a bit more realistic.

Now only lighting, clouds and realistic weather Mod missing .

Those who bought the paid version say that the colors are even a bit darker on the ground.

• Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

28 minutes ago, filou said:

Those who bought the paid version say that the colors are even a bit darker on the ground.

Link for this, please?

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Link for this, please?

I posted a link 1/2 hour ago. 

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I posted a link 1/2 hour ago. 

Just saw it, thanks. Are you using the paid version or the freeware?. Also, it's "safe" to use this Mod in terms of what it does to MSFS?

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Just saw it, thanks. Are you using the paid version or the freeware?. Also, it's "safe" to use this Mod in terms of what it does to MSFS?

I have had zero problems. I tried installing it when it first came out, and could not get it to work. They just came out with an updated version a couple of weeks ago, and installing it is a piece of cake. If you don't like it, it is very easy to uninstall, instructions are on his webpage. I have the free version. I tried the new Bing Maps, and the Google free maps, and the Google maps are much better. I am trying to decide if the paid version is worth it or not. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 4

Does it have GOOGLE watermarks on the ground textures?

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have had zero problems. I tried installing it when it first came out, and could not get it to work. They just came out with an updated version a couple of weeks ago, and installing it is a piece of cake. If you don't like it, it is very easy to uninstall, instructions are on his webpage. I have the free version. I tried the new Bing Maps, and the Google free maps, and the Google maps are much better. 

Reading through the install instructions looks like it works like an external app to MSFS that has to be running already before starting MSFS, so it's maybe non-intrusive to the sim itself.

Cheers, Ed

4 minutes ago, toby23 said:

Does it have GOOGLE watermarks on the ground textures?

I haven't seen that at all, I have been flying all over New Zealand and Europe VFR, the last couple of days, scenery looks great, no more green roads. 

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

Reading through the install instructions looks like it works like an external app to MSFS that has to be running already before starting MSFS, so it's maybe non-intrusive to the sim itself.

There is a setting in the app, that starts MSFS when you start the Mod. Works great. You just have to remember to turn it off when you are finished flying. 

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

There is a setting in the app, that starts MSFS when you start the Mod. Works great. You just have to remember to turn it off when you are finished flying. 

Good, thanks!

Cheers, Ed

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I haven't seen that at all, I have been flying all over New Zealand and Europe VFR, the last couple of days, scenery looks great, no more green roads. 

Sounds great. I used it when it originally came out but didn't like how the radius of Google textures appears in a circle around your viewpoint and doesn't blend with the colour of the Bing textures. Have they increased the LOD in the new version or can you still clearly see where the Google textures end and Bing offline begins?

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10