tutmeister

Status of Fulcrum and Orders

I bought the yoke when it first came out and have been very satisfied with both it and the service from Chris before it came to the current situation.

I've also never considered this was a scam, just an unfortunate serious of events conspiring to being things down.  I've spoken to Chris at Cosford in the past and was convinced of his character from then on.  Lesser individuals would not write the email I've received or even attempt to fulfill the historic orders.  Props to Chris for all that.  

He still has a family to support and that's got to be the first priority.  I wish him all the success with what he's aiming to do now.  And yes, I'll happily buy a throttle when there's one on the shelf waiting for me 👍

Good luck Chris!

• Like 4

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Got the same email. I tend to be a cynical old coot, but in this case I'm really pulling for Chris' success. He deserves it, and it would be of benefit to the flight sim scene as well. 

I, too, will buy a throttle when he's back up to speed.

• Like 1

I too have received Chris's email and whilst many, including myself, know it was very late in coming, I certainly was right to imagine there was a lot going on that Chris didn't feel able to share (of course, I won't go into that as it's up to Chris when he shares that on this forum). I've had the worst 12 months of my life and I'm still waiting to some light at the end of the tunnel too, so I can sympathise, just as I can sympathise with those who are currently out of pocket.

Hopefully it will all work out in the end for everybody if Chris can reshape things the way he has outlined.🤞

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

46 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I'll happily buy a throttle when there's one on the shelf waiting for me.

15 minutes ago, eslader said:

I, too, will buy a throttle when he's back up to speed.

It was a very hard decision to request a refund for the TQ I ordered in April but I felt I had no alternative.

Having tried it when Chris visited the monthly flight sim meeting I attend near Manchester Airport back in April I really wanted the TQ badly. It's everything I want in a quadrant.

I have two Logitech TQs with their crappy pots and it's only a matter of time before they go bad on me. Fingers crossed Chris is back in business before then.

So that's three confirmed orders! 😁 I'm sure there will be many more as the alternatives are either cheap and not that cheerful or very expensive indeed and not suitable for the aircraft I fly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Same boat here, Ray. I have the Bravo, and it's decent for what it is, but it also uses pots so I know its death is inevitable. I'm hoping Chris' throttle is available by the time it does start glitching. There are a few other 6-handle throttle quads out there, but they're all either overpriced or have some flaw that makes me not want them. The TQ6+ is probably the top alternate contender, but you can't get multiengine jet handles for it which seems a silly oversight. 

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So that's three confirmed orders! 😁 I'm sure there will be many more.....

Yes, I also have told Chris in an email I plan to buy a TQ when it is available, so that makes four and counting...

Al

Edited by ark

I'm in the same situation. I'm on my 2nd Bravo, and I have little confidence that this version will last. I've considered the TQ6+, but it's just too expensive and it's impossible change the handles. So the Fulcrum throttle is it. 

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

1 hour ago, mrcultureshock said:

I'm in the same situation. I'm on my 2nd Bravo, and I have little confidence that this version will last. I've considered the TQ6+, but it's just too expensive and it's impossible change the handles. So the Fulcrum throttle is it. 

I talked to the guys who built the TQ6 at the Lelystad show back in 2018. They weren’t interested in reconfiguring it for four-engine aircraft. Inexplicable.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Speaking of TQ6, I purchased the TQ6-Adv from GoFlight (remember them?).
Rubbish pots that gave way in under 18 months, flimsy and plasticky.

I had thought I might consider the Throttletek G-737MAX TQ. But at $680 before shipping and VAT+import duty, and requiring extra cost to build with hall sensors, that's a pricey proposition.

Considering how much I'm enjoying the Fulcrum yoke and how there's very little value to other throttles on the market, I too am hoping that Chris can get things on an even keel.
If feedback is positive, he can count on a TQ order (and whatever extras he can manufacture) from me.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm glad Chris is getting his feet back under him and looking to the future. He is a genuine person who stands behind his products and looks after his customers. I certainly don't judge him for his lack of communication over the last few months.

I lost my wife and home together just over a year ago, and I can vividly remember it was like being run over by a truck.  I didn't know what day of the week it was and frankly didn't care, so I think I know something of what Chris has been going through.

Until you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes it's impossible to really understand. I wish Chris success and happiness as he gets his business back on track.

Bryan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

It was very good to hear from Chris yesterday. My Honeycomb Bravo is likely to give up the ghost at some point, given it uses potentiometers, so put me down for a Fulcrum throttle and a Fulcrum trim wheel as well.

i7-11700k, ASUS TUF RTX 4080, Varjo Aero, Virpil/TM/HC/VKB and Fulcrum Yoke.

It must have taken quite a bit of courage to write this e-mail, at least it would have if it were me in his situation. I am happy to hear Chris is getting back on his feet. I wish him all the luck he can get.

I am the proud owner of a Fulcrum yoke and have been a bit worried about support if something went wrong with it. At least we can be assured of continued support but new and current orders might be fulfilled slowly.

My Honeycomb Bravo TQ, which I had purchased a few years ago while waiting for the Fulcrum TQ to come out, already broke down last summer. It is still somewhat usable for props and for jets I have purchased the Thrustmaster TCA TQ, which seems of much better quality.

With that, I am not in a hurry to get the Fulcrum TQ at the moment so I will wait until things have settled down a bit. I have looked at the TQ6+ NEO which seems superb for props but its ridiculously expensive, especially with the trim wheel addon. And it doesn't do jets...

• Upvote 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

It was good to hear from Chris. Obviously what he has been through over the last year was sad to hear, but I for one appreciated the candidness of the email. Hopefully now that the world is starting to get back to normal there won't be so many barriers to getting products out of the door. 

I still have the money sat aside for a TQ, so add me to the list of future buyers (once it is on the shelf, of course)!

Despite early intentions, I never bought the Fulcrum yoke, as I eventually dropped the idea of having any sort of yoke at all.

I met Chris twice at Cosford's Flight Sim show, and he came across as a thoroughly decent man, with honest intentions. I don't know what he's been through, but along with others here, I hope he gets back on his feet.

• Upvote 3

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

The website has been deactivated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather