Sign in to follow this  
cepact

If MSFS had subscription it would cost $2 a month

6 hours ago, cepact said:

Since we are going to pay in average $100 dollars every 4 years

$100 / (4 * 12) = $2 / month

This would be true if MSFS stopped working in 2024, but many people seem to forget that they are not forced to buy the new one...

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Hate subs, i run from subs, i dont want subs, the only i have is for navigraph because theres no other option, but even loving navigraph it hurts my rear end every month.

• Like 3

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

It is worth pointing out that while software subs are often advertised as some monthly rate"" in reality most of the time you actually pay annually and there is no option to suspend for a few months the way you can with things like Netflix.

I am all for a « FS 365 » if it comes with added value, for instance a better satellite imagery (finer grain and regular refreshments), better weather.  It might have a modular pricing according to the data you want.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It's already available on subscription. Isn't that what the Game Pass thing is?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I've thought of it that way too.

Subscriptions are all around us these days.  And I understand people who dont like them.  Because that mindset was me up until a year ago.  The quality of goods provided has been well worth it to me.  I recently re-subscribed to Navigraph and it's been awesome.  About 8 USD a month.  I can barely get an entire meal at McDonald's for that price.

Navigraph is good, mcDonals is word not allowed. 8 Euros for charts a month is still not cheap.Considering that I need little information out of the charts. But the free one just look not good.

Not interested in a subscription 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

As it stands we should brace ourselves for whatever monetary system MS desires for the new title, so those hating subs might wanna prepare yourselves 😉 personally I don't think it will happen, game pass is there anyway so I think we'll get the same/similar options as the current Sim.

Again personally and as said elsewhere I have no issue with a subscription, I've played years of iRacing and MMORPGS the past couple of decades so it's water off a ducks back for me. Whatever system they choose, I'll be jumping onboard.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

It's already available on subscription. Isn't that what the Game Pass thing is?

i am pleased that someone recognised the game pass

As an OAP (88) - I have to watch every cent I spend and get value for it

Right from the beginning - I took out the games pass subscription - and because I spend a great deal of my 

"Nothing to Do" days - on both my PC and X box - I can't calculate the money I.ve potentially saved with this 

subscription of $10 which has given me the flight sim and just about every new game - whenever I want it - when

it comes out - ie $120 per year - and the new games are always around $100

I wont be paying for the new Sim in 2924😋

• Like 1

One time purchases are generally less expensive than subscriptions. Yes, it's less then a Big Mac menu but it's still 100$ per year, which is quite expensive for a product you need to buy every year! Good example is information in this thread - MSFS would cost $2 per month - I don't know of many 2 bucks per month subscriptions - usually they are around $10.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

One time purchases are generally less expensive than subscriptions. Yes, it's less then a Big Mac menu but it's still 100$ per year, which is quite expensive for a product you need to buy every year! Good example is information in this thread - MSFS would cost $2 per month - I don't know of many 2 bucks per month subscriptions - usually they are around $10.

Well, yes. I pay the full whack for Navigraph and I don't even know how much it is now? And when you think about it what do you get? Charts and an app. Thats about it. The data isn't really necessary.

90% of MSFS' customers buy it, fly under the golden gate bridge with a 747 twice a month and that's it. With a subscription model those customers would be out long before subscriptions fees accumulated to the initial price of MSFS (~100$). Therefore a subscriptions model would severely lower Microsoft's profit, because 10% paying 100$ a year isn't as much as 100% paying 100$ every 4 years.
Flight sim isn't your typical game and therefore different mechanisms apply.
That said, you can clearly immagine MSFS2024 with all its likely gamification (missions, daily challenges etc.) is another try of Microsoft to turn it into a game and consequently being able to switch to a subscription model, because that's where the money is.

Also a subscription would likely be 8 to 9$ a month, don't kid yourself.

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/microsoft-takes-a-major-hit/ar-AA1cucBz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8ec323a6dbc147299177ee4beebf7033&ei=20

This could dent MS future plans.

In the future the box under TV will be gone, TV`s with powerful CPU and optimized for streaming will be the norm, some years ago a company launched a subscription service most people said it will never work it was called NetFlix now the world's largest streaming channel.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

We have subscriptions for so many other things related to the use of  flightsim.  Not sure why a sub based MSFS is a psychological barrier to some.  I'm indifferent.

Subscriptions are dangerous for the users.

Personally I choose to opt out of a financial software for the same reason and choose another without subscription and was pleased with my decision. The reason is simple: a subscription is a blank check to the developer, for you know what you get at the moment you subscribe, but have no idea what will come next, neither is there any commitment of any kind as to what will be achieved and when. When you stop paying, you cannot use the full extend of your product, developers can be very creative to make your life miserable!

The present situation with MSFS with a number of shortcomings, should send a clear warning, all the above is true, but at least the product is ours and we know the finite price even though we have no idea as to when and if the bugs/faults will be fixed. We can remain with that software for as long as we wish (assuming Bing imagery is available), and can buy - as an option - the new releases based on their merit.

I must say that this persistant come back to this subscription subject on this forum - as if this was the only and desirable cure to the present situation or simply an inevitable occurence - is rather surprising and preoccupying!... As are analogies drawn with the price of a MCDonald's, what an edifying comparison, especially for those who have some elementary knowledge about nutrition!

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2,