Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

New ATC coming for 2020 and 2024

The deciding factor is to wait and see if it actually does anything significantly better than other ATC addons or if it's just another one that's nice in one area but bad in another, adding to the multitude of existing ATC addons that aren't useless but also don't excel.

The only one that's actually different is FSHud because it controls the traffic entirely and not only you. Given this new one seems to still just talk to AI but not actually control it I'm skeptcial if this is really going to change anything. Wait and see.

I sure hope though the ending was just a joke and it's not actually like that in the addon because apart from the agitated response it's factually incorrect. Asking for a clearance at the wrong time is not a pilot deviation, that's not what the term means.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

My only gripe with fshud is the runway assignments are messed up at times! I wish there was a way of forcing landings for all aircraft’s instead of landing into an oncoming airplane

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

34 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

The only one that's actually different is FSHud because it controls the traffic entirely

Incorrect, the first to do this was VoxATC, and it still does! Each to their own, but vox has no real drawbacks for me, controls traffic, IFR and VFR ops, voice recognition, correct terminology, what's not to like?

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

50 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Incorrect, the first to do this was VoxATC, and it still does! Each to their own, but vox has no real drawbacks for me, controls traffic, IFR and VFR ops, voice recognition, correct terminology, what's not to like?

Does voxatc work with msfs?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

This one looks promising, hope we can get it soon.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

For now, I'm sticking with default ATC + FS ATC chatter from Stick and Rudder + charts. Gets the job done and gets me to where I'm going. 

Thats what i used to do. Use the default and run a background sound file. ATC chatter looks like a very good workaround in the meantime.

Do modern comms systems not have that radio static noise now, on connection. Would like to hear more of that.

Edited by icewater5

Looks promising, but for me as to be very good to replace pilot2ATC that i love, even with is robotic speech.

• Like 3

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 hour ago, Falconfly said:

Nope. Not sure why he even mentioned it in this forum, considering we're discussing MSFS ATC replacements.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, Falconfly said:

I believe it will, very shortly...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

6 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Nope. Not sure why he even mentioned it in this forum, considering we're discussing MSFS ATC replacements.

Well, I know why I mentioned it 😜 I have every faith in the developer that it will be available soon.

• Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

Well, I know why I mentioned it 😜 I have every faith in the developer that it will be available soon.

I hope so. The more the merrier.

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

the dev said on discord that doesn't control the ia traffic just use the FSLT addon with default ai traffic  so this is just another 3 party addon that doesn't bring anything new to the table  fshud at least is doing something innovation with the features 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

the dev said on discord that doesn't control the ia traffic just use the FSLT addon with default ai traffic  so this is just another 3 party addon that doesn't bring anything new to the table  fshud at least is doing something innovation with the features 

Yes, just read that too. Bummer. Missed opportunity. The other options will have to be VERY good in order to convince me to buy it... but of course that IS possible! 😉

Edited by tup61

7 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

Not innovative, VoxATC was doing it ages beforehand... You may prefer FSHud, that's fine, but vox did get there first 😛

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

Also posted in the discord: And as for FS Hud, it controls it to an extent, it still has to use the injection API which has all sorts of bugs. FSLTL has posted about this many times, that you can only control the traffic up to a point, but once you hand it off to MSFS, it will do very silly things. I hope they improve this in 2024. If they do we would highly consider controlling it directly, but in my extended play with FS Hud, the traffic injection suffers the same issues as all the other traffic injectors. 

My experience is that no traffic injector works well because of the myriad of AI Traffic bugs that exist in the sim that cannot be overcome without core changes to the traffic API. Here's hoping that 2024 allows finer control over AI traffic