Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

P3D 6 officially announced

5 minutes ago, CaptainAddOn said:

Really good overview here from a YouTuber who has access to the FSExpo Q&A session. I hadn’t seen this posted here yet, but there are some good nuggets:

https://youtu.be/vZes5jSQNKE

This guy has the worst takes. In one breath he says it's ok that devs went where the money is (MSFS), but then he says they should be hiring people to support P3D development out of some vague sense of loyalty or something? Makes no sense. 

7 minutes ago, chapstick said:

This guy has the worst takes. In one breath he says it's ok that devs went where the money is (MSFS), but then he says they should be hiring people to support P3D development out of some vague sense of loyalty or something? Makes no sense. 

At least my interpretation of what he was saying is that devs should independently make a determination of whether to support P3D, without considering MSFS. So basically instead of fixing resources and optimizing those fixed resources, they should add resources as necessary to capture all of their potential/profitable customers, which may still include a profitable P3D niche community. That makes good business sense to me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't think P3D v6 is going to be released on July 3rd. No where on the P3D website does it say July 3rd, it says taking off in July.

14 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I don't think P3D v6 is going to be released on July 3rd. No where on the P3D website does it say July 3rd, it says taking off in July.

I also guess it's not the 3rd of July...on FSElite they removed the original date on request of LM...so it will be July, but a little later maybe 😉

From the article:

Edit: We removed the original release date info under request of Lockheed Martin, due to a last minute change of plan.

Marc Weber

Was it removed from the video also?

Edit: yes, they did remove the date at prepar3d.com video 😞

The one at FSElite still has tomorrow as latch date, and may be outdated...

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

15 hours ago, chapstick said:

I didn’t even have to look at the video to guess who you might be referring to, hahaha. Once I clicked the video link I was correct, it’s Adam. Needles to say I didn’t bother to watch as I have seen his rants in the past. He posted something similar on PMDG about being loyal but if they didn’t support P3Dv6 then they would be ditching their loyal customers and it could hurt 2020 sales. He an odd one for sure. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Mischung said:

I also guess it's not the 3rd of July...on FSElite they removed the original date on request of LM...so it will be July, but a little later maybe 😉

From the article:

Edit: We removed the original release date info under request of Lockheed Martin, due to a last minute change of plan.

Did they finally realize that most of their staff are out of office for the July 4th weekend? It was a weird release date anyway. 

16 hours ago, CaptainAddOn said:

Really good overview here from a YouTuber who has access to the FSExpo Q&A session. I hadn’t seen this posted here yet, but there are some good nuggets:

My goodness the guy has the presentation playing in the background with audio, and he’s talking over it? Had to stop watching. Why wouldn’t he just upload the presentation. Does anyone have it?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Did they finally realize that most of their staff are out of office for the July 4th weekend? It was a weird release date anyway. 

I agree. I would imagine that most of their folks are stuck at an airport or in a traffic jam in our USA non-functional "transportation" system. The rest have dead batteries on their EV's.🤣

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 hours ago, Mischung said:

Excellent. They are probably switching to Unreal Engine 5 after "consultation" with a few enthusiasts. A few days to convert the entire P3D codebase, and an extra day for testing to make sure that hysterical (sorry, historical) weather is working properly. Nice one, LM :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18 hours ago, CaptainAddOn said:

they should add resources as necessary to capture all of their potential/profitable customers, which may still include a profitable P3D niche community. That makes good business sense to me. 

Sorry but how is it good business? It's like your boss would hire a new employee who will cost him $30 an hour, just to capture a $15 per hour niche market. At the end of the day, the boss will still lose money.

The notion of P3D users loyalty is also stupid. I'm 53 y.o and started simming almost 40 years ago with FS2. I was a fs2004 user, a fsx user and a P3D user. Today, I use both msfs and P3D (at least until the PMDG 777 & 747 are available on msfs). You bet I spent a lot of money along those years. A lot of current msfs users have the same background but they now spend most of their money on msfs addons. Do you think me or those guys are less loyals than the guys who stayed 100% on P3D?

Not only, just like you, we made PMDG, FSLabs, etc, successful companies during the time we were using fsx & P3D but we still make them more successful by buying their new line of products for msfs.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CaptainAddOn said:

The youtuber said he expects MS to leave the industry again because..................MS announced 2024.... I mean, how desperate can you get?

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

15 minutes ago, sdirand said:

Sorry but how is it good business? It's like your boss would hire a new employee who will cost him $30 an hour, just to capture a $15 per hour niche market. At the end of the day, the boss will still lose money

My point is that good business dictates to hire someone for $30 an hour to make $31 dollars an hour in a niche market, even though he already is paying 10 people $30 an hour to make $800 an hour in the main market. The notion of “we have to focus our resources on MSFS” does not come right out and say “P3D is not profitable”.

12 minutes ago, CaptainAddOn said:

My point is that good business dictates to hire someone for $30 an hour to make $31 dollars an hour in a niche market, even though he already is paying 10 people $30 an hour to make $800 an hour in the main market. The notion of “we have to focus our resources on MSFS” does not come right out and say “P3D is not profitable”.

Sadly, almost all developpers don't see it the same way. They made a market study and their conclusion is that the P3D market is not profitable anymore. Yes, to take your exemple, some people think they could spend a part of the $800 profit they make on msfs to sustain P3D but why would they?

They are not stupid, it tomorrow PMDG could hire 15 new developers to make a new 767 for P3D and make some profit, they would do it. I don't know many people who don't like to make money.

Edited by sdirand
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1