Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

What happened to the Aerosoft A330?

So much hype for a sure to be, subpar product. I'd rather support FBW and the Headwind project. They will make a killing on the Xbox market though but the P.C. users who have dealt with them in the past (like me), this may be a hard pass. Arrogant bunch with attitudes and awful customer support and the Xbox masses will find out soon enough.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, chapstick said:

They don't even have VNAV in yet. 🤦‍♂️ This is nowhere close to release... unless they just release it in a sorry state to fix later, which is the norm these days.

Mr. Kok keeps saying implementing VNAV is easy but seems to be struggling with it for a couple months now, so which is it, are they incompetent or is he lying?

Anyway I own the twin otter and the crj and regret my purchases and based on them I don’t think it will be better than the headwind a339, and once they quickly move on to their next project there will be no further updates.

No Aerosoft A330 for me. I gave up on buying planes from them when they never fished fixing there single model, single engine variant A330 from P3D. I'll keep using the Headwind A330 until FSLabs brings out there version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

After the CRJ I am not giving these guys 1 cent.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

5 hours ago, Abriael said:

That's a weird take. 

The latest post with new screenshots showcasing features of the aircraft was from Tuesday, June 20. I'm fairly sure that's not "many weeks."

Sorry, I should have been more clear... I meant HERE... I seldom go to the Aerosoft Forum, but I did today....

Hope that clears up things for you- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I love the A330 but this has been in development to over 2 years. I know it takes a while and the screen shots look good so far but I was hoping before the first of july as I am heading over the pond to UK and Ireland 2ed week of july.

JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Did everyone forget the CRJ for P3D took like some insane number of years.  I was about to buy it but I saw the forums and the responses were like OMG.  That is when I decided not to buy any aerosoft products.  I don't know how the CRJ for MSFS is but I am skipping it.  For that price, I need full systems in place like Leonardo's MD series and PMDG.  

I do like to go to their forums to read entertaining comments.  

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Ugh, I'm really desperate for a good A330 in MSFS but their P3D version was such a disappointment that I already know I'll regret buying this. Frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm likely not going to buy this - unless it's really really good and the long term reviews are good. Not the day of launch reviews, rather after a month or two of release. 

Aerosoft isn't a top-tier developer for me. I could be wrong of course, but the CRJ and subsequent communication (or lack thereof) from the company didn't inspire confidence. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not bothering with the AS A330, they lost me with their long release time -  the HW A330-900neo is an excellent Airbus long haul airliner and they are looking at a A330 ceo.

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

They have been posting regular updates on their forums. It’s near completion. But like all things software, patience and time is required. 

Certainly looking forward to having a decent A330 in the sim. 

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

dont worry they will be releasing it (like most of their products) very early and well before it truely finished.

.... and then they will abandon it and move on the the 330 neo.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/26/2023 at 5:14 AM, pommy80 said:

They have been posting regular updates on their forums. It’s near completion. But like all things software, patience and time is required. 

Certainly looking forward to having a decent A330 in the sim. 

It was maybe a month ago that they stated work on VNAV hasn't even started... I can guess what level of "completion" we'll see.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1