Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

FS Expo - worth it?

Did anyone from the forums go? Is it worth it? I missed this year due to an overdue trip to Europe. Also, did they announce the location for next year? I got a provisional blessing from the wife, as long as I take her and my kid with, so hopefully it’s an attractive destination.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I didn't go this year but did go to the one in Connecticut (2017, I believe). Its a great event. I'd absolutely go again if it's within a 2-day driving distance. There is a lot to see and many very interesting announcements. I've never heard anyone being disappointed. 

I have not heard where it is next year.

I went to the one in Orlando and had a great time. I wanted to go to the Houston Expo as it is driving distance for me also but my schedule didn't allow me to go this year. Depending on 2024 location, I hope to attend. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just got back and it was incredible.  According to the folks I talked with who had attended previous Expos, this one was by far the best. I'm certainly planning on attending upcoming ones!

Edited by Radpreemo63

I went, thought it was amazing!

Too many people to list that I met in person that I previously only ever saw online (Twitch, youtube, etc)....but many popular flightsim personalities were there, for example:

Chewwy94, Moosestaffa,  @twotonemurphy, Q8 pilot, CitationMax1 (had no idea he was THAT tall!), @simbol , @Marwan Gharib, @virtuali, Colin at TFDi (Flew on the same fight from Tampa with him), and finally, almost all of the PMDG crew....many of whom I've interacted with over the years on the beta team, but had never met previously. 

I didn't take too many photos, as I knew there would be many displayed by other attendees (I think the count was just over 1800, a new record attendance).   This one, however, made me laugh as it looks as though Mike (Moosestaffa) was about to take out Max (CitationMax1) with his classic Moosjitsu Death Chop®!

HgvBk1.png

I highly encourage everyone who has a passion for flightsimming and this community in general, make every effort to attend a show in the future...get out from behind your computer screen and shake hands with the real people you interact with online every day (oh, and see some pretty cool flightsim stuff at the same time...and get some great show-attendee deals that were practically criminal)!

Friendship and Memories...You'll take them away from these events and cherish them always!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I went, thought it was amazing!

Weren't you one of the conferencists? 😉

After all the enthusiasm I saw on Friday's seminars, I got the itch. Too bad any expo is a bit far away from here...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

12 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Weren't you one of the conferencists? 😉

After all the enthusiasm I saw on Friday's seminars, I got the itch. Too bad any expo is a bit far away from here...

In fact I was now that you mention it. 🙂

I gave a very brief 45 min seminar on how to get an MSFS paint project started. (If you're a member of FSA, you can watch the recorded live streams for free)

JFI3TQ.png

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I attended Vegas in '18 and really enjoyed it. Really cool to connect with the community and put faces to names (as well as also come out from behind the keyboard)

Agree that an attractive destination makes it much easier for families to join, but for me proximity is the biggest key. I would like to see them do an east coast/west coast/central rotation every year.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Just to chime in we had an amazing time. Unfortunately missed @Steve Dra due to an interview appointment, the number of attendants present was indeed amazing to see. In addition to being very family friendly, I was able to bring the entire clan. Tons of smiling faces and hand shakes, was a short drive for me but planning on happily traveling to wherever the next one is being held.

spacer.png

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

It was a pleasure to see you all! Thanks to everyone for taking the time to come to see me and share wonderful moments.

Best,

Raul

The pleasure was ours Raul! Safe travels home!

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

Any mention of a 2024 location?

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

6 hours ago, 01pewterz28 said:

Any mention of a 2024 location?

I actually tried to trick Evan into telling me...as I was leaving the museum on Sunday I shook his hand and thanked him for all the effort and a great show (He really does go way above and beyond) and said "Great show Evan!  I'll see you next year aaaaaat...."  He said nice try. 🙂   Not sure if he even knows yet.  He mentioned that with this year's record-breaking attendance, our little niche hobby actually can entertain Convention Center - level venues...and he's going to look into that in next year's planning, so great things coming!

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I’m definitely in next year. @simbol Maybe we’ll get to meet in person next time around! 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

13 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Chewwy94

For some reason I thought “Chewwy94” Matt passed away earlier this year. I must be thinking of someone else.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator