Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAddOn

Do you maintain a second sim?

I always have had only one current civil simulator. MSFS for the time being and the foreseeable future. 

I also have DCS but haven't played it for a long time now.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes, 3. 

X-Plane 11, X-Plane 12, and MSFS2020

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i7-13700KF  Gigabyte Z790 RTX-4060-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

P3DV5 is still my main flightsim (about 80% of my flight time) due to the better aircraft (A2A, Majestic, Qualitywings, PMDG, Realair …). MSFS mainly for sight-seeing flights.

• Upvote 4

Felix

P3D 5, and X plane 12, in addition to MSFS. I fly more in P3D than  the others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I have  MSFS2020 and Prepar3D 4.5.  I use only MSFS and kept Lockheed when MSFS didn't have any quality airliners.  Since PMDG came on board, I haven't used  Prepar3D in over a year.  MSFS is the one to keep and will uninstall Prepar3D.  Seeing this post alerted me to the fact That I forgot I had Prepar3D and that it was taking up a big amount of hard drive space.

Gnacino

• Like 1

P3D IFR as I fly planes not the sim also have MSFS no addons not flown for some time, A big update awaits when I fire it up.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Of course😁. I use MSFS as a main for my 2D flying. I use DCS in VR for the need for speed and combat. I use Xplane12, but not often. I use aerofly FS4 in VR, which gives you the smoothest VR flying out there.

MSFS - main sim
XP12 - casual sim (often with the Rotate MD-11)
DCS World - casual sim
XP11 - mostly collecting dust
P3D v5 - see above.

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

P3Dv5 and MSFS for me. P3D I use only for the PMDG heavies + good AI traffic.

P3D will be uninstalled once one of the following gets released for MSFS -  777 / 330 / 757.

• Upvote 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

Well, I have MSFS, X-Plane, P3D and DCS installed. However, most of my energy is focused on MSFS but I also buy addons for- and lightly maintain X-Plane. As much as I absolutely can't stand the local X-Plane community and makes me want to disassociate myself from the sim, the sim itself has a lot of positive aspects that MSFS can't match.

P3D on the other hand, I keep that around because of nostalgia. It was my go-to sim for a long time, it has my respects for that and gave me some of my best flight sim memories, but as a simulation platform it's on its last legs. Runs awful, looks dreadful, the core underpinnings are obnoxious to work with and we're just watching a sinking ship at this point. So I just boot it up occasionally and keep myself informed out of interest, before it either goes away or turns into a different product, possibly a complete re-launch and rework sometime in the future.

DCS is a different animal, as it's combat focused and smaller combat zones. It's should be a stable for most flight enthusiasts, especially because the flight dynamics are so vivid and on-point.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I prefer to use one flight simulator only. If I decide that MSFS 2024 is the way forward next year, then I would uninstall P3D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I use MSFS vor its virtual excellence.

And maintain p3dv4 for the excellent study-level airliners, means I do my IFR flights in that sim.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus ActiveSky_MSFS - and for P3D: FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct.

I used to maintain 3 flight sims. But I learned the error of my ways and uninstalled P3d5 and XP. 

• Like 1