Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

PMDG statement on V6

8 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

That’s unfortunate for LM because they are going to lose thousands of unpaid testers (us) in the process.

Sorry, I hope you are not serious now :-)
You don't really believe that a 'few' hobby simulator pilots are really important for the professional military project of LM ?!
I have to take away this illusion now ....

regards

ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

PMDG are not what they once were. They used to release groundbreaking add-ons, but have since settled for being “good but not best”. Don’t get me wrong, most of their products are solid, of far-above-average quality and reliable, but it became clear after the release of the FSL A320 that they’d given up trying to compete and push the boundaries. The last decent release they had was the 747 in my  opinion. 

The NGXu leaves much to be desired, and PMDG constantly weasels out of expectations it sets out for its customers. It was strongly implied, and is not unreasonable to expect, given the communication from Randazzo, that an LNAV and Navdata update was forthcoming. All PMDG planes track LNAV atrociously in all but the least demanding of paths.  It was strongly hinted at and talked about, but like many other things RSR says are planned for the future, it has been “weaseled” out of for P3D users who have long been waiting for it.  When I say “weaseled out of”, I mean that RSR will say it’s not officially cancelled, but we all know we’ll never see it in this life.

I’d like to be wrong, but I also would like PMDG to show a bit more honesty with their intentions rather than just kicking the  can down the road  

Edited by VHOJT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, btacon said:

Completely agree and for Ray, yes I purchased and installed v6 this morning. To say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement. The software delivers nothing new of substance to the genre and from what I can see it changes nothing from a performance

You posted this at midnight my time. That’s around 8 hours after v6 was released. Have you really investigated all features of the sim in that time and come to a firm conclusion?

Perhaps you and others might be interested in Rob Ainscough’s views given he’s been beta testing for many months.

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/218798-prepar3d-v60-features-and-enhancements/?do=findComment&comment=1839451

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So is he saying that no snow coverage in payware?  Ie snow everywhere except the square around the airport where it’s green?  
regarding pmdg working but pmdg saying it won’t work.  Clearly some modification is necessary. To me they are saying two things. 
1. They are unwilling to devote anymore resources to p3d. 
2. Even if updating the plane is quick, they don’t want to have to support it anymore in p3d. 

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

So with multiple people now reporting multiple PMDG aircraft work and look just fine in v6 within 24 hours of release, can we all just acknowledge that the PMDG story here is BS? Obviously trying to push customers over to repurchase on the other platform.

I’d recommend preparing some nice screenshots of their aircraft working in v6 and posting over in their forums to show them just how easy it will be to support their customers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, CaptainAddOn said:

So with multiple people now reporting multiple PMDG aircraft work and look just fine in v6 within 24 hours of release, can we all just acknowledge that the PMDG story here is BS? Obviously trying to push customers over to repurchase on the other platform.

I’d recommend preparing some nice screenshots of their aircraft working in v6 and posting over in their forums to show them just how easy it will be to support their customers.

I sincerely say, your opinion on that is so valuable. I am happy PMDG planes can work on v6, this gives me even more rush to save up and buy it. Honestly, I was thinking to use it more for VFR flying and SimDirector, so I can work on my vegetation projects, but the fact that my v4 installers can work on v6 is more than awesome fact. I watched yesterday Adam J Prestige and he was working that version very good, which gives me a lot of hope. Also the live shading in the new version is giving me even better hope, because I won't need tomato shade / reshade to work with that version well. It's all coming together in a way I never expected. 

35 minutes ago, CaptainAddOn said:

Usually a developer attempts to align with the majority of its customers.  Just because they aren't focusing on your specific needs, doesn't mean there is some conspiracy.  Remember, the PMDG product you bought was intended to be used with V5/V4.  They never sold their planes with a promise to continue to support a certain simulator in perpetuity.   Nonetheless, I'm happy that people have figured out ways to get their planes to work in V6 without dedicated new updates.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, CaptainAddOn said:

Let's think about this for a moment. What have those people actually done? Did they test the airplane inside out over hours or did they just load it up on the runway, didn't see anything and concluded it's just fine? There's stuff under the hood including external code that could be affected while not immediately visible.

PMDG aside, FSL, A2A and even iFly, who have only recently still released airplanes for P3D, are saying the same thing. Is this also BS? I'm not here to defend PMDG but this smells of the usual hostility towards anything PMDG. I don't see anyone calling out the other developers.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Fully agree. This forum is spinning itself silly these last 24 hours. Collusion, conspiracy, registry trickery. What a wild ride. 🤣

• Like 2

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

On 7/2/2023 at 11:32 PM, Sethos said:

Let's be honest, there's barely a market to corner any more.

beat me to it.  

14ppkc-6.png