Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Beyond ATC Preview Video

8 hours ago, Farlis said:

And how would a conversational bot help with ATC?

I'm surprised this isn't obvious. 

ATC is literal conversations. They're also very structured, so it's even easier for an AI to do it while adding just that bit of variation that would make it feel much more natural. 

BeyondATC does exactly the same thing, but ChatGPT is likely a much pore powerful implementation of AI in general.

• Like 2

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

I’d really appreciate proper HF radio procedures. It’d be even better if they got with aircraft developers to include CPDLC. Even if you do fly on Vatsim, oceanic ATC/RO’s are very rare. Tuning and activating the HF frequency, signal degradation, SELCAL, and contingencies would be awesome. 

I’d also love a way for it to work using shared cockpit. I fly with lot of guys on my buddy’s discord and show them real world procedures on Vatsim. But sometimes there’s no ATC, so the PM doesn’t do much. Having the PM talk and the PF fly would be truly incredible. Like what the other guy said, they have gold if they implement it well. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

No time to read all 9 pages, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but it seems like FAA phraseology is used and I can't see anywhere that CAA might be an option.  Here in the UK we request flight information service, radar information service or radar advisory service for example.

In light VFR aircraft at busy aerodromes we are normally requested to join overhead rather than given straight in, downwind, left base or right base approaches unless we are very lucky.

A choice of runways would be nice to be able to practice crosswind landings properly and it would be nice for example that having been given a 27L approach that you could request a 27R approach and a sidestep if required (I believe this was possible in FSX if memory serves me correctly).

I am excited by the prospect of regional accents though as American accents in France or yhe UK do sound very unrealistic.  The only worry is that if they are cloud based, that will be yet another server that will need to be working when we fly along with MS, AZURE, live traffic servers, etc.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, Aaron leaver said:

Is there a download link for it or when it comes out 

No, will be shiped on CD-ROM only. 25 days overseas

• Like 6

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, cianpars said:

No time to read all 9 pages, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but it seems like FAA phraseology is used and I can't see anywhere that CAA might be an option.  Here in the UK we request flight information service, radar information service or radar advisory service for example.

In light VFR aircraft at busy aerodromes we are normally requested to join overhead rather than given straight in, downwind, left base or right base approaches unless we are very lucky.

A choice of runways would be nice to be able to practice crosswind landings properly and it would be nice for example that having been given a 27L approach that you could request a 27R approach and a sidestep if required (I believe this was possible in FSX if memory serves me correctly).

I am excited by the prospect of regional accents though as American accents in France or yhe UK do sound very unrealistic.  The only worry is that if they are cloud based, that will be yet another server that will need to be working when we fly along with MS, AZURE, live traffic servers, etc.

FAA and ICAO only at this moment.

No VFR yet: it's IFR only and also during the first beta. VFR should be added before the final release though.

At this moment it's not possible to change procedures but the option should be added sometime during beta.

Voices will be cloud based. This has two disadvantages: 1. yet another server to deal with indeed and 2. cloud based voices cost money so B-ATC will use some sort of subscripton model.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tup61 said:

FAA and ICAO only at this moment.

No VFR yet: it's IFR only and also during the first beta. VFR should be added before the final release though.

At this moment it's not possible to change procedures but the option should be added sometime during beta.

Voices will be cloud based. This has two disadvantages: 1. yet another server to deal with indeed and 2. cloud based voices cost money so B-ATC will use some sort of subscripton model.

I would not mind paying a subscription for voices as good as were on the demo video. I hope the developers don't get discouraged with some of the requests for features that I have seen, which the vast majority of users couldn't care less about. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, guenseli said:

No, will be shiped on CD-ROM only. 25 days overseas

What, no floppy disks?😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, tup61 said:

B-ATC will use some sort of subscripton model.

too bad, then I won't use it most probably

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

too bad, then I won't use it most probably

Depends, if it's a couple bucks per month, it might be a good value until MSFS 2024 comes out with something.

I brought this up on the FSIpanel thread but why could you not use the voices from Speechelo and license them from the developer? I really dont care about accents but I know they are to others. 

Chris Chiozza

Just now, cchiozza said:

I brought this up on the FSIpanel thread but why could you not use the voices from Speechelo and license them from the developer? I really dont care about accents but I know they are to others. 

Probably because the voices that Beyond ATC is using now are fantastic, and they don't want to use 3rd rate voices. 

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Probably because the voices that Beyond ATC is using now are fantastic, and they don't want to use 3rd rate voices. 

The voices sound great but my point was people were freaking out about subscription based price. 

Chris Chiozza

1 minute ago, cchiozza said:

The voices sound great but my point was people were freaking out about subscription based price. 

Ok, lets hear them then.