Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Beyond ATC Preview Video

5 minutes ago, nrunning24 said:

I'm confused by the comments that 
1. you can have customized airport files to specify runway usage to mirror real life (ie. land with a few knot tailwind if its the preferred config).
2. This wouldn't control AI, just talk to it.

These seem like very opposite comments, unless we are somehow expecting to land at an airport opposite direction of AI.  Realistic airport ops for AI are one of the main reasons I use PSXT and Real Traffic, so if this could get around that while offering ATC to myself than that's definitely a win.

Beyond ATC doesn't control AI traffic, but will give you real world runways, routes, and instructions.

We might have to wait till next year for better AI API. Who knows what MSFS2024 will bring to the table. They've been very secretive.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

29 minutes ago, nrunning24 said:

I'm confused by the comments that 
1. you can have customized airport files to specify runway usage to mirror real life (ie. land with a few knot tailwind if its the preferred config).
2. This wouldn't control AI, just talk to it.

These seem like very opposite comments, unless we are somehow expecting to land at an airport opposite direction of AI.  Realistic airport ops for AI are one of the main reasons I use PSXT and Real Traffic, so if this could get around that while offering ATC to myself than that's definitely a win.

Exactly. #1 would be useless as long as AI traffic isn't controlled by the app as well.

• Like 1

Audio sounds promising already, and procedure improvements too after one watching.

The ai/atc controller issue confuses me, lol, but agree that maybe next year.

Edited by icewater5

If procedurally this gives me what I need, I can put up with phonetically inaccurate, stitched up audio. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

When people want the program to control AI traffic, is that different from “live” traffic fed to the sim via something like Flightaware?

• Like 1

Chris

39 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Initial limit is in the SID, final in your flight plan. 

And if there is no SID?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

And if there is no SID?

I expect it’d be something like “expect radar vectors to XYZ” or “on departure proceed direct to XYZ, flight plan route.”

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

34 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I expect it’d be something like “expect radar vectors to XYZ” or “on departure proceed direct to XYZ, flight plan route.”

But it's been pointed out that in Canada it is different?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 hours ago, snglecoil said:

When people want the program to control AI traffic, is that different from “live” traffic fed to the sim via something like Flightaware?

Yes, it is. For example if there are a row of airplanes on final with 3nm separation, how can your own aircraft fit in?

When the software controls the AI it will line you up in the row 

• Like 2

if doesn't control AI traffic  is going to be the same mess with traffic where ai traffic  land at same time as user and in some airport traffic going to stack at taxiways.

15 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This thread makes a strong case for using Vatsim.....

I used to do a lot of online flying and controlling but now with two little children and a busy job it is not possible to stay behind the computer all the time.

Also it is nice to have full Atc coverage and not Unicom.

48 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

For example if there are a row of airplanes on final with 3nm separation, how can your own aircraft fit in?

14 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

if doesn't control AI traffic  is going to be the same mess with traffic where ai traffic  land at same time as user and in some airport traffic going to stack at taxiways.

Just need a zapper function to remove the AI aircraft that's in the way, like FSUIPC had.

AI traffic control can get very complicated, very quickly.
Despite many, many attempts by various (freeware and payware) third party developers to control AI, the end results and the subsequent performance loss just didn't justify it for many people.

Beyond ATC will give me instructions w.r.t. flying my aircraft, which meets my needs. Other apps exist for people whose requirements are different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Just need a zapper function to remove the AI aircraft that's in the way, like FSUIPC had.

Which was a workaround for a dysfunctional AI traffic engine from some 20 years ago. Now it is 2023 and I would expect ATC / AI to do better.

Zapping an AI aircraft right in front of me would completely destroy the immersion. 

• Upvote 1