Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Parallel 42 (chaseplane dev) statement on P3D v6

Let's be honest, after MSFS release, we have seen how the marketplace was exploding with add-ons, existing companies like Navigraph has expanded and is evident how MSFS has rescued the sleepy add-one market (even XP has a healthy addone market). The blame shouldn't be on the developers, the blame should be on LM for refusing to innovate or ensure the third party developer market is healthy. 

As many of us before predicted, P3D is dead in the eyes of third party developers. That is the reality as stands today  

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

4 hours ago, Krakin said:

I hope you're ready to keep saying that in the coming months 

I won’t because as things stand I won’t be buying v6.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

What are these people to do? Create new stuff for 3PD that no one is going to buy

if you actually read the whole thread you would know that there is at least a few people here that would buy chaseplane for v6, but whatever you say........... 

8 hours ago, KL Oo said:

you just don't like where they're going.

Did I asked for your opinion? I sure did not. Also if was not P3D you were not going to know what chaseplane is, so how about that? 

3 hours ago, sdirand said:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see //42 chase plane included by default in msfs 2024.

Ya, you guys get all them addons for free, while we, P3D users spent thousands of money to get them, that's fair. 

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Statement from Edson Carlos the CEO of Parallel 42 regarding their decision on FB:

Do you have a link to this comment from Edson Carlos? I checked all the comments on the Parallel 42 Facebook page but I can't find this particular comment from Edson Carlos.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

11 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

Ya, you guys get all them addons for free, while we, P3D users spent thousands of money to get them, that's fair. 

it has it's flaw and it's far from being perfect but msfs users are really spoiled it's a fact. With all those free World Updates, free city updates, free aircrafts, etc.

It's not really free anyway, because when Inibuilds include it's A310 in msfs or Hans Hartmann it's ATR for free, they are paid by Microsoft/Asobo to do so. It's probably the difference between a developper that take care of his entertaiment users compared to a developper that don't really care. but it's another debate.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

Did I asked for your opinion? I sure did not. Also if was not P3D you were not going to know what chaseplane is, so how about that?  

You beat me. I surrender. I have no answer to such a well articulated and thought out argument.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

11 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

if you actually read the whole thread you would know that there is at least a few people here that would buy chaseplane for v6, but whatever you say........... 

I have read the whole thread and yes, you're right; at least a few people would undoubtedly buy Chaseplane for V6....but probably not enough to justify making it from it's creators point of view. 

It's not me saying this, it's the third party development all saying this.

"you guys get all them add ons for free" are the same P3D users who spent thousands of money to get them. They are the same people....but the vast bulk of them are not in 3PD anymore.

Is this fair? Well....yes.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Do you have a link to this comment from Edson Carlos? I checked all the comments on the Parallel 42 Facebook page but I can't find this particular comment from Edson Carlos.

Is not so easy to find, it was a reply of a reply and thanks to Facebook sucky UX for comments, it gets wrapped with no idea to have a comment link. Nevertheless, made a screenshot

spacer.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PavlinS said:

Did I asked for your opinion? I sure did not.

Everyone on AvSim is entitled to express their opinion. They don’t need permission to do so. Providing it’s done in a respectful way it’s fine.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Is not so easy to find, it was a reply of a reply and thanks to Facebook sucky UX for comments, it gets wrapped with no idea to have a comment link. Nevertheless, made a screenshot

spacer.png

Thanks, I found the comment with your picture! For whatever reason, the dropdown box filter was set to "Most relevant" which filters out all the comments. I have to change the dropdown box filter to "All Comments" to see all the comment, which finally allowed me to see this comment.  Thanks!

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, abrams_tank said:

Thanks, I found the comment with your picture! For whatever reason, the dropdown box filter was set to "Most relevant" which filters out all the comments. I have to change the dropdown box filter to "All Comments" to see all the comment, which finally allowed me to see this comment.  Thanks!

No worries, I think because that thread in Facebook has over 100 comments already and hence FB enforces this weird "Most relevant" comments. 

• Like 1

You guys fails to understand we 3rd party developers have bills pay.. I live in the UK with now a 1000% increase in energy cost thanks to the WAR in Ukraine, over 11% inflation rate pushing mortgages rates above 6%.. life is not getting easier here, but harder.

Let's give you all some perspective, in the last 5 months I have sold 0 (that is right, zero) units of my products for P3D. P3D V6 has changed all the effects formats, this means I have to sit now for about 3 to 5 months porting products for V6, what is my incentive to work 5 months to get zero extra income? since:

1) Nobody has brought any new income to the company via P3D sales.

2) Most of P3D users would expect a FREE upgrade, a if I made a paid upgrade they would get probably upset and refuse to pay for it anyway.

3) Even if I take the hit, it would delay for half a year any releases for MSFS, causing heavy damage to cash flow of the company and put my family to heavy stress.

You can see where I am sitting now.. you all now I have supported P3D very hard, for many years.. I always updated anything supper quick and at no cost to any customer since 2017. We are in 2023, that's 6 years of ongoing updates.. but I cannot afford now doing it for P3D V6.. is not personal, is how life has turned out, I have a family to feed, simple as that.

Support for V4, V5 remains, I am still responding to customers, issuing help, replying emails, helping them with problems, etc. is not like I am abandoning you, what we 3rd party developers are saying is, sorry but the work to port to V6 is to heavy at current P3D income generation and therefore this is the end of the line.

Best,
Raul

Edited by simbol
  • Like 34
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

P3D V6 has changed all the effects formats

Why would LM break compatibility to such an extent in what it seems to be a clear evolutionary update? If the improvements brought forward by V6 were dramatic, then I would be all for it. 

To me, this only reinforces the obvious: academic/personal users are not at all relevant to them. 

• Like 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

You guys fails to understand we 3rd party developers have bills pay.. I live in the UK with now a 1000% increase in energy cost thanks to the WAR in Ukraine, over 11% inflation rate pushing mortgages rates above 6%.. life is not getting easier here, but harder.

Let's give you all some perspective, in the last 5 months I have sold 0 (that is right, zero) units of my products for P3D. P3D V6 has changed all the effects formats, this means I have to sit now for about 3 to 5 months porting products for V6, what is my incentive to work 5 months to get zero extra income? .....

Well, probably not the answer most here would like to hear but unfortunately, it is perfectly understandable.

At least on the leisure / entertainment market, P3D has no future for third parties developers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I won’t because as things stand I won’t be buying v6.

thats the second time in 6 months weve agreed on something.  

somethings not right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png