Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche feature list and new screenshots

The direct capture screenshots look really good.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Autopilot is interesting, never used one of these. Looking forward to trying it.

https://sarasotaavionics.com/Manuals/STEC/sys20and30.pdf

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

58 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Autopilot is interesting, never used one of these. Looking forward to trying it.

https://sarasotaavionics.com/Manuals/STEC/sys20and30.pdf

Flew that in the Comanche in P3D. Bit of a learning curve, but not that bad.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Flew that in the Comanche in P3D. Bit of a learning curve, but not that bad.

I went from FSX to X-Plane and then from X-Plane to MSFS, so never flew the Comanche in P3D.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Nitpicking... but glad there is an alternative to the green cockpit dash.
That bluey/white looks good.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Next year, maybe

Yawn...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

"Custom oil system with dynamic viscosity and contaminants that degrade and change the color of the oil. "

can we have sliders to change the oil color please.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

9 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Thing needs a GFC500 as an option.  I want to fly coupled approaches.

I agree Ryan, a lot of simmers are upgrading their hardware avionics for more modern units just like owners of older aircraft do in the real world.

Maybe they will consider it for an update..

Dave

Of the four A2A GA aircraft I had in P3D, the Comanche was the least used. Perfectly modelled by A2A of course, but it just didn't engender much enthusiasm in me. Looking at these screenshots however, I think it will be very different this time round. I might retire my beloved JF Arrow for this new GA single.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Was pretty much the only GA i used in P3D and also with a GTN750. 

Autopilot was pretty basic i recall. But more fun just to fly without it. Same goes for the Arrows.

Looking forward to this.

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Looks great!

Does anyone else feel like in MSFS the steam guages are always so cartoonishly shiny? Reflections aren't ever so uniform or pronounced and often times the glass on the gauge makes the gauge darker, not brighter. I'm looking at one as I type this, in fact.

I'd love a mod that made the glass on gauges more... subtle? The Comanche gauge shine is a bit much to me.

Sorry for being that guy. It's literally the only thing I see wrong so I had to ask.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

13 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Looks great!

Does anyone else feel like in MSFS the steam guages are always so cartoonishly shiny? Reflections aren't ever so uniform or pronounced and often times the glass on the gauge makes the gauge darker, not brighter. I'm looking at one as I type this, in fact.

I'd love a mod that made the glass on gauges more... subtle? The Comanche gauge shine is a bit much to me.

Sorry for being that guy. It's literally the only thing I see wrong so I had to ask.

For some reason MSFS renders gauge glass oddly imo.  If you're viewing straight on sometimes it seems there is no glass.  But if you view from the side you can tell there is glass.  I'm guessing they tried to be pick a happy medium.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oh man these screenshots and feature list (combined with that recent Accu-Sim deep dive video) all point to this aircraft being something of a very special milestone for MSFS. It's the attention to details and depth of simulation and physics that always impresses me most, and A2A is looking to deliver on all fronts. From another thread on their forums where Scott chimed in with some tidbits that speak to this:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74648&start=15

I lost track how many quick jump in to test something and back down in 30 min type flights we've done. Building this new technology in the way we have would be impossible without the constant 24/7 access to this airplane. This Comanche is a champion. The other day when pulling it out I was thinking what an incredible machine this was for 1959. It was built at the very peak of American made quality.

Just to give an example out of a thousand. In 80 deg weather, if you run the engine statically at 2000 RPM then pull the mixture out slowly, does the RPM rise? If so, how much? And for those who wonder why, engine power is at a peak at a specific mixture ratio. When the mixture lever is full in, it's slightly beyond this peak. This changes based on the outside temperature. This is all done organically in this latest Accu-Sim tech. Another is how much does RPM drop with carb heat? Again, why? Hotter air contains less oxygen and robs the engine of it's potential power. It also changes the mixture based on the mixture lever position. So in the winter things act and feel quite differently to the summer. Again, all organically done in Accu-Sim. All I need to do is know these numbers from the real airplane as these tell me exactly what the mixture and temperatures are inside the engine.

Your airplane gasps for air in hot weather just like we do when exerting ourselves. Cold days are awesome. Physics are physics, whether you are a machine or organic.

Scott.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD