Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

What A2A will likely do next after the Comanche

22 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

A2A has originally built its business on these « exotic » birds in sims with a narrower audience and Flyingiron or Milviz don’t do so bad with them in MSFS, do they 😉 ?

Sure, there's demand. Though is it as big as for aircraft that are recognisable and people are more likely to have interacted with?

After 3 years of next to no sales and expensive investment into their new MSFS aircraft modelling engine, I'd expect A2A to want their second aircraft to market to be incredibly popular with both casuals and hardcore simmers. That's why I think a Cessna is likely to be next. After that, it's fully up for debate what the following aircraft will be.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I remember The Pink Lady flying alongside Sally B  ( another former IGN B-17 ) at some of Duxford's Flying Legends airshows. At that time, I believe she was the only airworthy Fortress in the world to have actually flown combat missions during

Perhaps A2A can put her back in the air, with all the proceeds from Comanche sales 😉

It seems from the article that they repaired the metal cracks but that the insurance cost of having her back in the sky is prohibitive. So many were scraped that I am glad that this one is still with us in a museum.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Sure, there's demand. Though is it as big as for aircraft that are recognisable and people are more likely to have interacted with?

After 3 years of next to no sales and expensive investment into their new MSFS aircraft modelling engine, I'd expect A2A to want their second aircraft to market to be incredibly popular with both casuals and hardcore simmers. That's why I think a Cessna is likely to be next. After that, it's fully up for debate what the following aircraft will be.

Really I don’t know.  I think they will probably go for the Skylane or a variant of the V-tail. But old men can have exotic dream, can’t they ? 

Anyway I am not sure that its up for debate. They didn't ask us what we want it to be . This thread is proprio motu 😁.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I would like them to bring the Connie to MSFS or a brand new Captain of the Ship aircraft.

• Like 1

I'll fly and buy anything from A2A as long as that girl who sits in the right rear seat is included with the plane, she's awesome. 😁. But seriously I'd buy a flying brick from A2A  if it was for sale. This is just the new standard, They’ve raised the bar. Again.

• Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

I to would like to see the civilian version P-51 produced. I flew that a lot in P3D. Loved the integration of GTN 650!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Give me the C172 please, or the Cherokee. But if you must, I can live with the C182 Too 😎

• Like 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

A Beaver or a Cessna 206 would be great too.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Similar thread on the A2A forums https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74727 .. Scott also chimed in with below, great to see all this success for them, well deserved.

"The internal A2A chats are melting as we go through the tech support, suggestions, first update chat, marketing and everything else. We have not had a post release break yet guys, give us a chance  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:"

Personally, would love to see the Bonanza V-tail next, failing which the C182.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I would love to see any multingine aircraft to come out A2A bakery 

• Upvote 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

8 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

Competition? A2A have no competion atm and they won't have for a long time. 

Someone here in the forum made a comment that the Comanche was like a new sim. 

A new sim requires a new improved Cessna 172.  It's the same reason why we still have the 172 again in MSFS. And the Comanche in MSFS. The Just Flight Turbo Arrow. The PMDG 737 in MSFS... 

The opposing view is that the Cessna 172 is boring.  But if that were true, wouldn't that be true for the A2A Comanche, the Just Flight Turbo Arrow, and the PMDG 737 also?  

• Upvote 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 minute ago, bofhlusr said:

A new sim requires a new improved Cessna 172.  It's the same reason why we still have the 172 again in MSFS. And the Comanche in MSFS. The Just Flight Turbo Arrow. The PMDG 737 in MSFS... 

The opposing view is that the Cessna 172 is boring.  But if that were true, wouldn't that be true for the A2A Comanche, the Just Flight Turbo Arrow, and the PMDG 737 also?  

I read your post four times, and still can't figure out the point you are trying to make???😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I read your post four times, and still can't figure out the point you are trying to make???😉

You mean like this? 🙂

spacer.png

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

18 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Lets try a direct question - If someone thinks the C172 is boring why would it follow they also think other, different, planes are boring as well ?

Edited by Matchstick