Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

What A2A will likely do next after the Comanche

Yeah, I wouldn't buy a 172. There are enough high-fidelity 172s already. Yeah, A2A will do an amazing job and all that, but at the end of the day how many people will shell out ~$50 for a plane that's there by default already, with great systems depth and a decent flight model. 

I would also love to see a faster twin, or something completely new.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

If people from A2A are monitoring this thread, I would like a Cessna 172 from A2A. And please include an option to use the G1000 NXi in the Cessna 172. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Yeah please, for the love of God not a 172. Low, slow and overdone snorefest. Put that talent towards something unique and interesting. Certainly wouldn't mind the much talked about Aerostar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

My choice would be the A6M2

spacer.png

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

A2A did a Zero for MS2004

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

It is likely that they will pick up a bird they already have in their FSX/P3D catalogue. I don’t mean to port one over to MSFS but to benefit from the knowledge they have from these aircraft.

The 172 is a little too sedate to my liking. Their Cherokee was fun to fly though… until the Comanche came.

I would say the mainstream 182 or the V-tail but both have already been done for MSFS. I don’t know whether they are good though.

If I had a say I would go for the North American Texan T-6 (panoramic canopy, powerful engine, idiosyncrasies of a taildragger) . The supercharged P-51 in her civilian avatar, another taildragger and a great cruiser, should also be something to behold in Accusim 2 <sigh> ! Yes, both has been done for the Reno DLC but, come on, we are talking A2A now . Not a game anymore, a sim (now, what do I say 😂 ?) ! Yes, I love taildraggers.

What I wonder is whether they will go for a turbine engine. Accusim has always been and still is, about internal combustion piston engines. Rumors say that they worked on a Beech Texan II for the USAF though.

And, now I open the door to my wild dreams, ladies and gentlemen, they were planning, once upon a time, to make a Lockheed T-33, the Shooting Star trainer. That was forgotten. Not by me (and a few others, I suppose).

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, Alvega said:

As long as it isn't military anything is ok with me. I don't use military aircraft in this sim, so I wouldn't buy it, even if it was an A2A.

I am not in favor of having military aircraft with active weapons in the sim either but what is a military aircraft ?

They have made a civilian version of the P-51 for instance.  Born as a military bird it is now a great cruiser with a nice quaint Century 3 autopilot. And a beast to drive. 

Same with the T-6, a trainer for thousand of pilots. Born to serve but that was long ago.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

24 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

If I had a say I would go for the North American Texan T-6 (panoramic canopy, powerful engine, idiosyncrasies of a taildragger)

Great choice. A few years ago I logged hours with my old CFI in the AT-16 Harvard (same plane, but manufactured in Canada) doing aerobatics , and it was a very pleasant experience. Would definitely buy it from A2A.

Edited by SAS443
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Piper H350 Holidays 😎

Edited by some1

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

How come no one has mentioned the B337 Stratocruiser yet? 😲

After the rather buggy and underwhelming AH B307 Stratoliner, I would snap the A2A B337 in a split second 🤩

14 minutes ago, apollon01 said:

How come no one has mentioned the B337 Stratocruiser yet? 😲

After the rather buggy and underwhelming AH B307 Stratoliner, I would snap the A2A B337 in a split second 🤩

I agree that she was a ball to fly but, if my memory serves me well, Lewis said some time ago that the Stat' was not planned

Dominique

Being on the shorter side, I tried to avoid flying the 172 in real life.  By the time you raise your seat height to see OK the pedals become hard to reach.  Not dangerously so,  but enough to be annoying.

I believe they actually started on an Aerostar 600 and stopped development when the real life one they had access to was written off after a hydraulic failure led to a forced gear up landing.

IF its going to be an import from the FSX/P3D stable, then give me the military P:51! I think I just like noise! But...more likely to be the Aerostar?

Edited by norfolkmike
  • Like 1

Competition? A2A have no competion atm and they won't have for a long time.