Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

What A2A will likely do next after the Comanche

43 minutes ago, Daube said:

What you just wrote makes no sense at all.

It does make sense you babbling about it don't don't make you right because I disagree with what you wrote. People go see all kinds of airshows people also go to their local airports to see live plane spotting and see all kinds of aircraft from a C172 to a A380 not just some warbird from 50+ years ago.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

2 hours ago, Daube said:

The simple idea of waiting a few more years for A2A to release a Cessna 172 is incredibly exciting...

LOL no. No it's not, really not.

Waiting two more years for A2A release a nice warbird is exciting. Waiting two more years for A2A to release a C172 makes the inner child in me want to cry.

You won't be waiting two years for the next A2A aircraft.

Scott posted this on the A2A forum:

Keep in mind that being brand new tech, systems and physics, it will take longer for this first airplane, which is why we chose the Comanche 250 since we know it so well. But once this airplane is out the Accu-Sim production line will be in place, so to speak.

Meaning, you will probably be able to measure the time it takes in months before your inner child starts crying... 😄

In a PC Pilot interview last year, Scott also said the following:

We also hope to bring some other old favourites into the new sim, and we have one-or-two other completely new Accu-Sim aircraft in early stages of development too.”

...so that can whet the appetite of many here.

Additionally, P-51 fans should note that A2A created the cockpit artwork for two of the P-51s found in the Reno DLC pack.

From those snippets of information, it means any aircraft could be next.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

23 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

😄 The right conclusion to draw ! Anyway, I am in no hurry. We have a great aircraft right now with  the Comanche. I don't need another one, say, until the end of the year.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Unlike guns, the fascination with warbirds has nothing to do with their destructive capabilities, it is because in any given historical period the warbirds of the day are the absolute cutting edge of the tech of the time.

A chance in real life to fly a Spitfire or 109 would be no different to being offered a chance to drive a vintage Ferrari 250 Dino or classic 1930s Bugatti, the fact you are not getting to shoot anything down would be irrelevant.

The same with the Aerostar which is likely to be the next A2A release (just because it is already a work in progress). People are fascinated by the Aerostar as it is the fastest production piston twin ever made and was heads and shoulders faster than any other piston GA twin before or since . It was up in the turbo prop territory. (it actually has the same cruise speed as the WWII Mosquito)

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

You won't be waiting two years for the next A2A aircraft.

Scott posted this on the A2A forum:

Meaning, you will probably be able to measure the time it takes in months before your inner child starts crying... 😄

In a PC Pilot interview last year, Scott also said the following:

...so that can whet the appetite of many here.

Additionally, P-51 fans should note that A2A created the cockpit artwork for two of the P-51s found in the Reno DLC pack.

Well, that sounds really nice indeed.

I expect it'll be the C172 or C182 next. Neither of which I'd buy.

I'm hoping it'll be the T-6, and really, really, really hoping it's the B-17. 

• Like 4

Dave Garwood.

6 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

What is so exciting about a warbird in MSFS when you really can't combat with it? there are other sims for that.

I agree with this. For me, there are several iterations of the P51 in other sims; notably IL2 Sturmovik and DCS which have systems modelling on a par with A2A and flight models superior to MSFS or Xplane.

As to a Cessna 172 or 182; wot! another one? Surely you jest...

Bring on the Aerostar......😎

19 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I agree with this. For me, there are several iterations of the P51 in other sims; notably IL2 Sturmovik and DCS which have systems modelling on a par with A2A and flight models superior to MSFS or Xplane.

As to a Cessna 172 or 182; wot! another one? Surely you jest...

Bring on the Aerostar......😎

Hmmm… . I have no intention to buy IL2 anytime soon and the P51 in DCS which is so so in my opinion,  is a military version when A2A had a splendid civilian version in P3 D which begs to be recreated in MSFS 😁 !

I had the FSD Aerostar 700.  I even did a livery for it available at the Avsim library. This was 19 years ago 😱. So its maybe time for another one…

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Warbirds have as much a place in MSFS as any other type of aircraft. I go to Duxford in the real world - I see Cessna 172s, and I see Spitfires. I go there in the sim, and both are available to fly. Flight simulation  - simulating aviation you see in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Mike Patey's Scrappy 🤠 What a beast.

He apparently had a major engine failure and emergency landing in Turbulence on the way to Oshkosh just a day or two back.

4 hours ago, Dave CBFS said:

and really, really, really hoping it's the B-17. 

You and me both. Alas, I fear the B-17 is not likely any time soon.

• Upvote 1

C172 would do me just fine, I've enjoyed the default one but it is of course very basic.

• Like 2

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

and the P51 in DCS which is so so in my opinion,  is a military version when A2A had a splendid civilian version in P3 D

There is actually a civilian version of the P51 in DCS which is a freebie....my apologies for the off-topic....

8 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

There is actually a civilian version of the P51 in DCS which is a freebie....my apologies for the off-topic....

DCS 51 freebie is a military trainer. The A2A 51 civ. is very different, cockpit-wise. 

Dominique