Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

XP12.06b1 is out

On 7/26/2023 at 5:57 PM, mjrhealth said:

Need to add that to AMD so they can fix there drivers. Laminar need backing from users, complain to AMD.

What exactly do I put in my bug report to AMD?  What evidence will AMD require in this bug report?

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

On 7/26/2023 at 11:55 AM, turbomax said:

I'll make sure to only fly under those "certain conditions" then. where do I set that "certain conditions" option?

12 hours ago, turbomax said:

"I'll make sure to only fly under those "certain conditions" then. where do I set that "certain conditions" option?"

+

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/636454-x-plane-1206-is-full-of-many-things/?do=findComment&comment=4993960

Is this some sort of attempt at harassing me or do you have some mild autism going on, considering your weird overly enthusiastic flip-flopping in this thread alone, making you blind to social cues?

or is it because you're still upset with me for calling out your multiple posts of having 300+ FPS on the MSFS main menu, that you were so enthusiastic about?

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

your multiple posts of having 300+ FPS

my record was over 400 fps. pretty smooth for a still image.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

5 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Lots of good things coming next few releases

"The moon illuminating the clouds at night was a great addition"

"On the shorter list is getting landing lights and lightning to light up clouds." 👍

Edited by turbomax
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

14 hours ago, efis007 said:

It will seem strange but this is the most incredible image I've seen from XP12 so far. 

with a whopping 19 fps by the look of it.  

14ppkc-6.png

39 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

with a whopping 19 fps

worse, only 7.9 fps f-act. that's what you get if you buy cheap. (RTX 4090 & AMD 7800x3D). then x-plane 12 crashed, got too hot.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/59207-what-is-f-act-in-x-plane-10/

"First one is the actual frame rate you want to read (f-act) - it's the FPS being achieved on your video card.

Second one (f-sim) is the math internally that X-Plane is trying to use for it's physics calculations. It should never drop below 19 or so, else things become unpredictable. If your f-act is below the f-sim value, then it's running in slow-motion since the video card cant keep up." 🤣

fire-passengersincock27f9h.png

but then again, I get 400 fps during the opening screen, in the UI in the other simulator. 

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

7 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

What exactly do I put in my bug report to AMD?  What evidence will AMD require in this bug report?

Thats a good question, but was mentioned in another post about SSAO seems Sid has reproduced it and may have a fix i believe in a few releases, Sounds like b2 might not be too far away.

• Like 1

8 fps with a GTX4090 ? 😦

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

with a whopping 19 fps by the look of it.  

2 minutes ago, efis007 said:

8 fps with a GTX4090 ? 😦

It's a performance bug with the particle system. Dense particles like those used in fires etc. bring all GPUs to their knees. I don't know if LR is aware of the bug.

• Like 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

"The moon illuminating the clouds at night was a great addition"

"On the shorter list is getting landing lights and lightning to light up clouds." 👍

That's nice, was missing that.

fXTYrAs.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Anyway, Beta 2 is out.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Anyway, Beta 2 is out.

like buses. you wait ages for one then three come at once.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer