Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

777 this year, or next?!

I know it's a question that's a long as a piece of string. But, do you know if we're likely to see the PMDG 777 this year or next?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I doubt anyone works for PMDG here and ready to share in-house intel. So the best way is to fish around  on PMDG forum 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Anyone who actually knows isn't going to say.

• Like 4

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

All we know is that the 777 is progressing very well but nothing more. Still no screenshot  and no beta testing planned. But everything can change in the meantime. Who knows, maybe it will come out at the end of the year?

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Next! (Hope I'm wrong)

Edited by iFlySimX
  • Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 hour ago, Bob Scott said:

Anyone who actually knows isn't going to say.

Quite correct Bob.   

The beta testers are under strict NDAs, and all the info on the 777, while the NDA is in effect, is coming from Rob and Rob only.

However, one thing I can freely say is that I'm planning on bringing the liveries I painted on the P3D version of the 777 to MSFS, including this one:

AVmyQw.jpg

I've also painted FedEx and a few other freighters as well...but I know that when 3rd party painters get their hands on her, you'll see a flood of liveries hitting the web.

As soon as the NDA is lifted, expect me to provide some preview screens of her here on Avsim and answer any questions the beta testers are allow to.  The 777 is my favorite aircraft, and I'm just as excited as everyone about her coming to MSFS. 🙂 

• Like 9

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

We don’t know if there are different versions. I highly doubt we get the 200 and 300ER both this year. If it’s like the 737 we will get first the more uncommon version.

PMDG says "soon".... means next year 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was posted on the PMDG forum by Robert Sunday Aug 6 for those who did not bother to go there to check out new information. I cut out anything 737 related.

[06AUG23] Small Update due to Supply Chain Issues...

06Aug2023, 04:22

Captains,

I have only a few very small updates to share with you this weekend, on account of Supply Chain Issues™

Two weeks ago I returned from a trip having contract covid after successfully avoiding it for three years- and this has had me pretty much knocked flat until today. I am behind in nearly all of my duties around PMDG currently, and have not been up-to-date with the team's progress on various items that are in the workflow- so I admit to being a uninformed this week on some major topics and we'll bring you up to speed on them next week.

For all other topic areas, I am out-of-phase with the current information from developers and project leads, so I am going to refrain from offering any information on the 777, tablet, navdata etc. I will get briefed up with the rest of the team- and have more to say on all topics next week.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

I don't think the 777 is in beta yet. I'd say most defintely next year. However we'd definately get some images around Xmas maybe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

I'd say we're lucky if we get the EFB this year and maybe some fixes for the 737 (engine spool-up, LNAV roll behavior, etc.) The 777 very much appears to be under active development and given PMDG's track record, it seems very unlikely they can wrap this up in just a few months time.

Edited by thepilot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've crunched some numbers and taken into consideration how long it has taken them to create the EFB. My estimated time on release based on those data is around July 2032

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

I've crunched some numbers and taken into consideration how long it has taken them to create the EFB. My estimated time on release based on those data is around July 2032

How can you be so realistic?

• Like 1

Felix

Off topic: but word is Mathijs Kok is a new member of the PMDG team?

• Upvote 1