Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Fenix V2 B1 Released

11 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

No frame generation or DLSS, just using TAA w/ a 4070Ti at 4K. Running same settings as I was running the V1 aircraft at.

ok what helped me out yesterday with one  4k tv for Msfs and a second 1080 monitor was in system/gaming : game mode off . in graphics " change default graphics settings " HAGS on , optimistions for games on. Auto HDR off. Set your TV to gaming mode if it has one, and use NCP nvidia colours to bring back decent image after you have have changed to game mode on tv 

helped me no end with a couple of other settings to reduce screen tearing / lagging 

Edited by sonny147
added

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

2 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Logo light work on your plane ?

I put mine on but no light on tail 

maybe the bulbs gone ! sorry 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Why are you not running FG ? especially at 4k ? you can run TAA with FG 

Edited by sonny147

1 minute ago, sonny147 said:

Why are you not running FG ? especially at 4k ? you can run TAA with FG 

I've found that running frame generation increases VRAM usage, and with 3rd party airports and Fenix + Volanta I'm right at the border of maxxing out VRAM on the 4070Ti which destroys your performance if you hit the limit. If Asobo ever gets around to fixing blurring on the glass screens with DLSS then I will reactivate that, which lowers VRAM usage, which then allows me to use frame gen again. Even with just TAA I get 40-60 fps at 4k which is solid.

1 minute ago, Andrew2448 said:

I've found that running frame generation increases VRAM usage, and with 3rd party airports and Fenix + Volanta I'm right at the border of maxxing out VRAM on the 4070Ti which destroys your performance if you hit the limit. If Asobo ever gets around to fixing blurring on the glass screens with DLSS then I will reactivate that, which lowers VRAM usage, which then allows me to use frame gen again. Even with just TAA I get 40-60 fps at 4k which is solid.

ah ok 12gb ? there a new dll which helps with blurriness there is a thread about it on here here somewhere 

New version but I still struggle to land this thing!

Thomas Derbyshire

So far from all the videos I watched on Youtube, the landings were not that nice which disappointed me a bit. I have not tried the update yet though.

Maybe the secret is about joystick sensitivity settings.

Also noticed from “respected” Youtuber that Flaps 3 configuration seems to lack drag a lot and clean conf seems to much draggy 

Pierre

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pochi said:

So far from all the videos I watched on Youtube, the landings were not that nice which disappointed me a bit. I have not tried the update yet though.

Maybe the secret is about joystick sensitivity settings.

Also noticed from “respected” Youtuber that Flaps 3 configuration seems to lack drag a lot and clean conf seems to much draggy 

Pierre

I didn’t change any of my joystick settings and landing without any problems

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

59 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

I have the same issue you mentioned in this thread and there is a running community forum on Fenix Discord titled Display Stuttering where this is being discussed by several users who also have this issue with two monitors.  Feel free to join us.

Ryan

Landing without issue here as well. Did not change any settings. I The only issue i have is the initial roll rate for when turning onto a leg  when in nav mode probably needs to be adjusted .. (turns a touch too quickly). Aamir was saying the turbulence setting should be set to low but i quite like the slight instability you get around the thermals. You get more of a sense of that slightly bumpy flight feeling instead of an on rails experience. Or maybe i have yet to experience those thermals that he is describing.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I was having freezing and CTD issues so I opted out of the beta to try out the new Fenix. Fantastic experience here. Flew into Verticalsim KBOI and my frames were on par with PMDG. Much smoother experience than before. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

4 hours ago, sonny147 said:

ok what helped me out yesterday with one  4k tv for Msfs and a second 1080 monitor was in system/gaming : game mode off . in graphics " change default graphics settings " HAGS on , optimistions for games on. Auto HDR off. Set your TV to gaming mode if it has one, and use NCP nvidia colours to bring back decent image after you have have changed to game mode on tv 

helped me no end with a couple of other settings to reduce screen tearing / lagging 

You turned on HGAS? I thought this was a no-no with MSFS and performance. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I have an issue, with this new update i have to reinstall via app after every flight becouse the ground control button on the overhead panel doesnt go and with my trustmaster tca airbus when i try to run both engines these ones also doesnt turn on. im not in the beta. The only workaround that solves this is reinstalling via app

Edited by miguel370

Has anyone tested how is the performance compared to the 737 from PMDG? According to the official slides, the performance would be on par, but how is it in reality, with AI Traffic and third-party airports? What still holds me back from purchasing this plane is some reports here of low FPS.

13 minutes ago, leonbr said:

Has anyone tested how is the performance compared to the 737 from PMDG? According to the official slides, the performance would be on par, but how is it in reality, with AI Traffic and third-party airports? What still holds me back from purchasing this plane is some reports here of low FPS.

Specs in signature.

Verticalsim KBOI with FSLTL traffic. Same exact scenario. 4k everything ultra with 200 TLOD.

PMDG: 102 FPS

Fenix: 99 FPS

Fenix used to be about 80 FPS and noticeably choppier. In my experience they now both feel the exact same in regards to fluidity.

• Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"