Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The 2 things I miss most in MSFS

I miss AI that can flare on touchdown. With decent tire smoke. That MSFS pancake landing really kills immersion. 

• Like 2

I miss the ability to communicate to other multiplayer's via the sim with the caps lock key and the ability to see multiplayer's on my connected Little nave map or GN750. With FSX and gamespy I was able to make friends all over the word with the ability to talk in the sim. The scenery is ofcourse much better now and many other features but for me I'm disappointed that they left those things out I mentioned.

Scott

I miss lots of things but a proper slew mode is among the top. Seriously, offensive initials not allowed were they thinking? It’s so much worse than any past version in the FS franchise. 

Edited by chapstick

19 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

The fly-by mode as compared to X-Plane.

I also would like to see a fly bye camera!

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

22 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Missing Carenados bizjets might be a first hehe

Their C550 wasn't too bad.  I could go for that in msfs.

Also FSW is finalizing their Lear 35 for MSFS.

I would totally go for their C550 in MSFS - the very first bizjet I rode on IRL (I remember being warned/scolded NOT to go to the bathroom 🙂 ) and I loved it in XP11 snd P3D.

What I miss the most in MSFS is the AI traffic flying correct levels NOT 37600 feet… Very very annoying thing. The aircraft are all over the place on navigation display when it comes to levels.

Edited by Balint Szarka
  • Like 3

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

11 hours ago, g-liner said:

1 Trains

Trains?  From where? Are they in other flight simulators?

• Upvote 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

43 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Trains?  From where? Are they in other flight simulators?

Yes. I remember seeing them in XP11. I never got XP12, so I can't confirm.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

What I missed most, diminishing over three years, has been RXP GNS and GTN avoinics.  Yes, it has now pretty much caught up.  But over so much time when avionics were so much lacking, that is what I missed have most.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Yes. I remember seeing them in XP11. I never got XP12, so I can't confirm.

Maybe he meant for the MSFS franchise? Only trains I ever saw were from Paywarye like ORBX in FSX which was a frame killer in just a small area like out side of Seattle which made me completely turn off.

What I miss is a reliable Flyby view, Tower and replay mode that is not (sloppy) I don't wan't to use a drone just to look at POI's all day.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

I reallly don’t miss anything but would be grateful to Microsoft for

- bringing back the sat imagery (geographic coverage, quality) and the weather depiction (clouds !)  to what they were at release and possibly improve upon them. 

- a continuous improvement of the Blackshark.ai algorithms to implant autogen and a further diversification of the latter.

- an user-driven effort to improve the UI in all aspects

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

19 hours ago, g-liner said:

1 Trains

I expect that a full train sim will be developed by Asobo for 24 or 28 and using the world that is FS. Hence I think that in multiplayer/online it will be the two simulations in one. So that if you are driving a train and you see an aircraft fly over it could be an actual simmer flying it.

Really if theres 2 things FS20 and FS24 should copy from X-Plane 12 its that games excellent view & replay system.

The FS20 menu UI is a hot clunky mess and feels like wading through quicksand.

There is an excellent free 3rd party recorder and replay system. Sky Dolly. Cannot recommend this enough!

https://flightsim.to/file/9067/sky-dolly

I really miss a good regional jet (ERJ, E-Jet or CRJ). Sadly, nothing really on the horizon.