Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

iniBuilds Honolulu Released

How's the perf?  JFK is a fps killer.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

All ini airports have been a fps killer for me too. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Well, on my system with plenty of AI traffic and in the Fenix A320, performance is as good as any regional commercial airliner airport that I have. Granted, I have a higher end system and I run in 2K. But I also have good performance at all of the heavy iniBuilds hitters like KJFK, EGLL and KLAX with my setup. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

4 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Now if we could get them to make Atlanta and Dallas/Ft. Worth 🙂 

Those,  EDDF and EHAM and my list of major airports would be pretty much complete.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Running 4K here with plenty of ultra settings and no performance issues here. See hardware specs in my signature. I don't have any AI traffic other than VATSIM.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

How's the perf?  JFK is a fps killer.

Hmmmmmm? I get about 60-something FPS on ultra there, and I'm only rocking a 4070......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

50 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Hmmmmmm? I get about 60-something FPS on ultra there, and I'm only rocking a 4070......

You're running AI too?  Without AI and frame gen it's fine...usually 60 or so.  I also run ultra settings and tlod 200.  But with AI that airport drops me into the high 20s to low 30s even with FG.

I went back to check right now.  WT Longitude VC looking at the main terminal with AI traffic but clear skies about 38-45 frame gen. 20-25 true.  Add in weather though, and actual moving airplane, and my high settings its not a good combo I guess on my machine.  You also have a slightly faster cpu that me - perhaps that is a factor.  Don't get me wrong their sceneries look excellent - maybe some of the nicest texturing out there... but at a cost.  Compared to say Verticalsim, or FSDT, I tend to get about 20% less fps.

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks beautiful, been waiting for something like this

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

FSDT’s version is a port from P3D and we deserve a MSFS native build IMO

Fact a scenery was already available for P3D, doesn't automatically make the MSFS version a non "native build".

You might have had a point for many other sceneries, including several of our own like LSZH, KSDF, CYVR, KCLT and in some ways KIAH as well.

Those were originally designed before PBR came out, so their textures and modeling was made taking into account this, so their materials weren't Physically Based, and texturing was made taking into account the non-PBR engines like FSX or P3D up to V3. To "port" these sceneries into MSFS, you need to convert their non-PBR textures and materials to PBR, and this process can be either partially automated, with questionable results, or with lots of manual work tweaked to look reasonably good, but never as if the modeling/texturing was made right from the start by taking account a PBR graphic engine.

KORD is nothing like that. It's has been 100% modeled and textured using a complete PBR workflow, there's NOTHING in its 3d source codes that links it to a specific simulator, it's just a series of 3d models whose textures has been made completely using PBR techniques, right from the start, so it's just as native to MSFS like any other scenery that is being made today.

Just to clarify: the whole point of using a full PBR workflow, is you can export something to any graphic engine (that supports PBR), and it will look as good as possible on that engine, and the end result would be based how well that engine represent physical light. The idea was precisely you shouldn't have to redo your textures and materials when moving from an engine to the other so, anything that was designed in PBR right from the start, should be considered "native" to any engine it gets exported to.

For example, if MSFS would eventually get, let's say, Ray Tracing, maybe in a future version, sceneries won't have to be textured again to take advantage of that, that was the whole point of the gaming industry moving towards PBR. Unfortunately, many underuse it, relegating to fancy metal effects, but it's in fact way more than that.

It's very important to understand this distinction, because trying to pass the principle that something is "not native", JUST because it's available on other platforms, it's just wrong, without understanding how that product was designed.

• Like 11

Yes indeed... the FSDT KORD is really well done I think.  It looks far nicer than the P3D version.  And it doesn't murder my fps like inibuilds.

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

5 hours ago, Drumcode said:

DD has ORD? That’s a first? 

I stand corrected. I confused the DD's Chicago Landmarks MSFS for the airport. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

13 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

It looks far nicer than the P3D version

Spot on.

The whole idea of PBR is: you model/texture your objects only once, and they'll look better and better, depending how well the target engine renders light. I guess it would look even better, should we export it to Unreal 5.2,since even a plain cube with no textures looks good there...

Edited by virtuali