Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

MSFS 2024 FAQ

24 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Volumetric clouds may be better in some respects but there’s certainly a negative side to them.

I wholeheartedly agree with this opinion.  I also firmly believe we'll get there w/ volumetric but only when voxel resolution increases substantially.  MSFS is allegedly going to see major improvement in performance secondary to better multithreading and this may supply the headroom needed to improve voxel resolution.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this opinion.  I also firmly believe we'll get there w/ volumetric but only when voxel resolution increases substantially.  MSFS is allegedly going to see major improvement in performance secondary to better multithreading and this may supply the headroom needed to improve voxel resolution.

I don’t profess to understand this as well as you do. Whether it brings users better looking clouds of greater variety remains an unknown. Nothing stays the same for long so keep your fingers crossed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm holding off on purchasing certain types of add-ons until I get more information about what 2024 is going to include out of the box. MS has a habit of including a lot more that what we've been used to by default.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t profess to understand this as well as you do. Whether it brings users better looking clouds of greater variety remains an unknown. Nothing stays the same for long so keep your fingers crossed.

We have a long ways to go but it will be fabulous when we get there.  I hope I live long enough to see it!  I took this photo the other day outside on a walk and look forward to the day we see something like this in a flight sim:

337-D41-B4-C89-C-4425-81-A4-520-C9356985

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, Noel said:

We have a long ways to go but it will be fabulous when we get there.  I hope I live long enough to see it!  I took this photo the other day outside on a walk and look forward to the day we see something like this in a flight sim:

337-D41-B4-C89-C-4425-81-A4-520-C9356985

If Asobo put these clouds into the sim, half of simmers will say these are too bright, the other half will say these are too dark. And endless discussions will appear illustrated by real life photos prooving they are right.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Noooch said:

If Asobo put these clouds into the sim, half of simmers will say these are too bright, the other half will say these are too dark. And endless discussions will appear illustrated by real life photos prooving they are right.

Your comment reminds me of my twin kids. They're both good musicians (one plays the violin and the other the cello and have played at Carnegie Hall). When they play at home or at some other stage venue they oftentimes don't sound as good compared to when I play the exact same piece in my Klipsch audio system ie. because the acoustics in my real-life house or stage venue is not as good compared to the acoustics in a professional recording studio.

Since their real-life playing doesn't sound as good as the CD version, some would conclude that the CD version is more 'realistic'. lol.

In other words, actual reality is not the same as someone's perception of 'reality'. It's all subjective, the point being a top-of-the-line graphic card or system set-up doesn't necessarily mean it's 'as real as it gets'.

Edited by bofhlusr

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

6 hours ago, Noooch said:

If Asobo put these clouds into the sim, half of simmers will say these are too bright, the other half will say these are too dark.

I seriously doubt it instead we'd see 100% of simmers having a very hard time tearing themselves away from the sim 

• Like 1

Noel

I don't believe for a single second in this new MSFS 2024. No confidence at all to hope for a more realistic objective from them. Their objective is elsewhere and already well established. The MSFS 2024 “Missions” are the only way to attract new players, young girls, women, the whole family!, including the little dog! and to retain them. ( This is their only opportunity to progress ). To balance it all out, a few small realistic new features, new regular free missions and a handful of bugs fixed so that old players like me  players like me get drawn into its new curiosities... and Game over.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

On 9/2/2023 at 2:56 AM, Noooch said:

And they would also complain about the clouds costing 15 FPS

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, filou said:

I don't believe for a single second in this new MSFS 2024. No confidence at all to hope for a more realistic objective from them. Their objective is elsewhere and already well established. The MSFS 2024 “Missions” are the only way to attract new players, young girls, women, the whole family!, including the little dog! and to retain them. ( This is their only opportunity to progress ). To balance it all out, a few small realistic new features, new regular free missions and a handful of bugs fixed so that old players like me  players like me get drawn into its new curiosities... and Game over.

Another really positive comment. 🤬

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Don't feed the troll

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I will soon have a draw to determine my best follower.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Another really positive comment. 🤬

I would say more a realist comment. He certainly doesn’t wear rose tinted glasses. I think he’s translating what he writes, but the bulk of what he writes is certainly true. 

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

Don't feed the troll

He isn’t a troll. People in here have a habit of calling others trolls just because they don’t agree with them. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I would say more a realist comment. He certainly doesn’t wear rose tinted glasses. I think he’s translating what he writes, but the bulk of what he writes is certainly true. 

He isn’t a troll. People in here have a habit of calling others trolls just because they don’t agree with them. 

When a topic that is positive is posted on a forum , and one person always has to take a negative view and rain on everyone's parade, many  call that person a troll. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

When a topic that is positive is posted on a forum , and one person always has to take a negative view and rain on everyone's parade, many  call that person a troll. 

He’s not trolling though. He’s simply pointing out the deficiencies of the sim, and why he expects little from the new release. It’s his opinion. He may be proved wrong, he may be proved right. Who knows? 

Where is the rule that he has to remain positive? 

• Like 2