Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

MSFS 2024 FAQ

I think it may be time to open a MSFS 2024 dedicated sub forum?

There's a nicely laid out FAQ that was posted in the other release trailer thread - that I did not want to get buried.  It's clear Asobo and Microsoft are really listening to customer and will be improving much of the base sim.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Reading the info in the link above tells me that we probably will not see any

- multi-view / multi /monitor improvements.

- ATC improvements

- AI airplane improvements

It looks like an XBOX specific game upgrade to me

14 minutes ago, andymandy said:

- ATC improvements

That's very disappointing to hear. If they don't address ATC and AI aircraft behavior by the release of 2024 it will be an epic fail for me. The career mode aspects are interesting, but we already have tools to do that. Arguably, the tools we have to compensate for ATC and AI aircraft are less than ideal and those areas need the most work.

You can't continue to call this a flight "simulator" and not properly simulate ATC.

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, andymandy said:

🤦‍♂️

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/635259-new-physics-engine-and-improved-systemsavionic-in-msfs-2024/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/635250-fs-expo-23-product-announcement-seminars-stream-live-now/?do=findComment&comment=4977437

We're still probably a year away from release, going on recent comments. That's a lot of time to drip feed us information about what features will be present in MSFS2024.

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

23 minutes ago, andymandy said:

Errrrr what?  I'm not seeing that.  Looks like a more advanced base sim with specific aviation career fields.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It will have live Ship traffic.  Wonder if they've done a deal with the GAIS guys and that's why there's been no update?

So this sounds like it is going to be yet another MSFS bashing thread about what it 2024 probably won't  do...Yawn....

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

33 minutes ago, andymandy said:

Ah yes, the classic comment.

• Like 10

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

34 minutes ago, andymandy said:

- ATC improvements

Hmmm, well You’d be wrong. Next question?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

There's a nicely laid out FAQ that was posted in the other release trailer thread - that I did not want to get buried.  It's clear Asobo and Microsoft are really listening to customer and will be improving much of the base sim.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

I think it’s still too soon have a sub forum. There’s not much info so far. But maybe we could have a fixed thread dedicated to 2024.

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I do not belive MS/ASOBO will implement more improved ATC, AI and muli-view / multi-monitor function if you do not raise our voices.

The more people who wants and calls for these functions, the better changes that they will come. 

My hope for the future in the sim worls is that either or both Lockheed Martin and Laminar team up with Google for better scenery. Then MS/ASOBO would have some competion to the best of all of us.

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

It isn't going to happen, unfortunately:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/634929-what-i-hate-about-msfs-2024/?do=findComment&comment=4972910

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

12 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I think it’s still too soon have a sub forum. There’s not much info so far. But maybe we could have a fixed thread dedicated to 2024.

We just had one of those, which was finally closed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

58 minutes ago, andymandy said:

Pray, what is a Xbox specific game ?  

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

14 minutes ago, andymandy said:

The more people who wants and calls for these functions, the better changes that they will come. 

I personally don't care about built-in ATC or multi-monitor stuff, but I don't think you're wrong for wanting those improvements, either. I just don't understand the comments about "Xbox". You're not leading a revolution against the unwashed masses of console players (at least, I hope that's not how you see yourself). 

Personally I'm looking forward to the additions they've discussed in the FAQ and at the flight sim convention and am quite excited for release.