Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

38 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Are you able to explain how to change these values?  I am able to open the .exe with HexEd and can find the offset but that is where I am lost. Not sure where these numbers go. Thanks!

I used HxD and searched for the values using "Floating point number" (4th tab in the search window). I found them in two different places, but only changed them in the second place according to @Biology instructions on the official forum thread. The first value I couldn't find initially because for me it's 0.00065 instead of 0.00066. Knowing the offset seems to be useless because it changes for every sim version. I recommend reading the thread in the official forum, that's where I learned how to do it. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

46 minutes ago, ConairMSFS said:

Is there a way for MS store users to edit the file?

Tried messing around with permissions but without results, cannot even copy it to another location.

Thanks.

I don't think it's possible to edit the file with the store version, but I may be wrong.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

I used HxD and searched for the values using "Floating point number" (4th tab in the search window). I found them in two different places, but only changed them in the second place according to @Biology instructions on the official forum thread. The first value I couldn't find initially because for me it's 0.00065 instead of 0.00066. Knowing the offset seems to be useless because it changes for every sim version. I recommend reading the thread in the official forum, that's where I learned how to do it. 

That was a typo on my part, it's indeed supposed to be 0.00065 instead.

Edited by Biology
  • Like 2

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Interestingly in VR the green band doesn't show up, at least with my Pico4...

Maybe someone could confirm this.

One question for Biology:

The question is perhaps border line I think I read that you had try on XP and P3D, with publication of screens on XP. For P3D, what is your feeling and how to install it?

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Hey, 

there is VIDEO Tutorial how to change this manualy step by step....

• Like 10

On 9/14/2023 at 3:48 PM, lagaffe said:

One question for Biology:

The question is perhaps border line I think I read that you had try on XP and P3D, with publication of screens on XP. For P3D, what is your feeling and how to install it?

Hi,

P3D v5, which uses trueSKY, doesn't take light absorption from ozone into account at all, which is why it looks really green out of the box. While the coefficients aren't exposed just like MSFS, by editing the shaders I was able take ozone contribution into account in a freeware mod I released long ago, but it used the same inaccurate coefficients from the Hillaire's paper. P3D v6 on the other hand uses Unreal Engine's (Hillaire's) atmosphere implementation and you should be able to change the coefficients as they are exposed in a configuration file, I don't remember the name of the file but it should be in %AppData%/Roaming/Prepar3D v6. Firstly you should set the Rayleigh and Ozone scale parameters to 1.0 and then you can use the same coefficients in MSFS and XP12. However I'm unable to test it myself as I switched to Linux a while ago and P3D doesn't work in Linux, I only use MSFS and XP now.

Edited by Biology
  • Like 4

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Do you think Asobo will ever implement this in MSFS 2020 or even 2024? 

I would create a poll if I knew how ha! Not sure if you can in replies only? 

One of the Asobo programmers forked the github with the correct values, so they may be looking into it.

• Like 4

Does anyone know how to do this for the Microsoft Store version of MSFS?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Does anyone know how to do this for the Microsoft Store version of MSFS?

Hi,

Tried editing the store version, but was unable to find 0.00065, think we are out of luck for now. Ona good note, I'm vote # 800 on the MSFS forum.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 3

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

1 hour ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

Tried editing the store version, but was unable to find 0.00065, think we are out of luck for now. Ona good note, I'm vote # 800 on the MSFS forum.

AFAIK the Store version is encrypted and the trick can be done only with the Steam version.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

@Biology: Thanks for your answer !

PS: I worked 40 years as Linux Engineer 😎

• Like 1

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

5 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

AFAIK the Store version is encrypted and the trick can be done only with the Steam version.

No it doesn‘t work with Store version.

After copying the .exe to desktop as the instructions by LondonController on his discord I got a compability error after starting the game.
The new .exe seems to be a 16 bit application then but I do not know why.

I only changed the access to copying and moving the file to desktop.