Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

On 9/19/2023 at 4:10 PM, Farlis said:

when they will officially implement this.

Assuming of course that they do implement it…

• Like 1

I think they did change this in today's update.  I had modded the old exe dated 6/22/23.  Worked fine like it did in the video.

Today's update brought a new exe dated 9/22/23.  The hex editor didn't find the old valves in this new one.  So, I tried doing a replace of the new values with the same new values (figured it couldn't hurt), and it did find all 3 of those.

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

6 minutes ago, BufordTX said:

I think they did change this in today's update.  I had modded the old exe dated 6/22/23.  Worked fine like it did in the video.

Today's update brought a new exe dated 9/22/23.  The hex editor didn't find the old valves in this new one.  So, I tried doing a replace of the new values with the same new values (figured it couldn't hurt), and it did find all 3 of those.

Anyone else test this theory? ^^ 

Still found the new values there after yesterday's update.

Is there a new update today?

my .exe is 1.34.15.0 dated 9/12/23 and the 0.00065 is still there

*****Sorry, I am using beta

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I'm on 1.33.8.0.  Non beta.  In any case, enjoying it.

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

I hope that Asobo has officially made the change. Fingers crossed.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

They CHANGE NOTHING....  stop writing nonsense, unconfirmed by anything, the sky is still red, purple and very often unrealistic

There are so many unrealistic things to change.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, mobiel said:

We currently still have the red devil sky in SU13 Beta 

And we probably will going forward too. 

Northern UK with the three hex values changed.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I assume changing the three hex values doesn't just change sunrise/sunset colours?  Daytime sky is looking lovely!

Accuseason-1.jpg

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

15 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I assume changing the three hex values doesn't just change sunrise/sunset colours?  Daytime sky is looking lovely!

Accuseason-1.jpg

Is that daytime ?

The sky looks purple and the ground is so dark I can barely see the details. If looks almost as bad as p3d 😕

the dawn and dusk screenshots posted earlier in the topic looked great, but that one is much less convincing...

That being said, it might just be a matter of comparison. It would have helped to see how the original values screenshot looked like in the same situation, to appreciate the progress. 

Edited by Daube

1 minute ago, Daube said:

s that daytime ?

The sky looks purple and the ground is so dark I can barely see the details.

I guess there is a difference in screen calibration because I just see lovely blue 🙂  I have taken the screenshot looking towards the sun, so the ground will look dark!