Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

15 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

That is all I did.  I hope it works for you.  Let us know how you get on!  :smile:

Okay... Lord have mercy....

• Like 1

Tapani Österberg

22 minutes ago, daztheman70 said:

Does this effect the Day time Sky colour or just dusk and dawn, as I cant really tell in the daytime.

Thanks in advance.

Daz

I couldn't see any significant difference during normal daytime.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

And it works!! Looks good and more real. Thank you Drunq for this!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tapani Österberg

10 minutes ago, Virtpilot said:

And it works!! Looks good and more real. Thank you Drunq for this!! 

I am glad it worked for you. :smile:
I am looking forward to when he gets his config file going so that we can adjust the numbers to our personal preference.

• Like 4

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

when he gets his config file going so that we can adjust the numbers to our personal preference.

that will be fun. 

With tangerine trees and marmalade skies

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 10/8/2023 at 5:56 AM, turbomax said:

they are in his source code. but as "we agreed" before, "we" preferred these values with less green tint: (0,00508 , 0,00318 , 0,0) copyright MortThe2nd, 😊,

best if the Drunk could provide a 2nd version for those who prefer the slightly blu-er sky.

12 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I am glad it worked for you. :smile:
I am looking forward to when he gets his config file going so that we can adjust the numbers to our personal preference.

As requested v1.1.0 features an .ini configuration file, along with an in-game on/off toggle option for comparisons.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone, drunk has now given us the ini config to edit the values!

It's available for download at the github link.  The one yhat is listed on about page 36 I think.

Thank You again drunk.

Best,

David

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, David B said:

Hey everyone, drunk has now given us the ini config to edit the values!

It's available for download at the github link.  The one that is listed on about page 36 I think.

Thank You again drunk.

Best,

David

My god!  You can even toggle the values on and off inside the sim with a hotkey - Amazing work!

Thanks once again to @Drunq, and of course @Biology for starting this off.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Great work, Drunq. I'm going to give Alvega's numbers a try. I thought the green hue along the horizon (although better than the original game settings) made the scene look a little cartoonish. It was almost too colourful, almost as if Pixar had worked on the game.

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I take it if I’ve all ready edited the .exe, I can just dump the backup copy back in, remove the edited one and then use this new script? 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I take it if I’ve all ready edited the .exe, I can just dump the backup copy back in, remove the edited one and then use this new script? 

Correct, then if you edit MSFS.ARPC.ini file as below (in bold), you can use CTRL+INS to toggle the mod and verify that it actually works.

I use CTRL because INS alone is for drone view toggle.

[COEFFICIENTS]
RED = 0.002723
GREEN = 0.001831
BLUE = -0.000083096

[TOGGLE]
ENABLED = true
; See https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/inputdev/virtual-key-codes for all the key codes
; Default: INSERT
KEY_CODE = 0x2D
HOLD_ALT = false
HOLD_CTRL = true
HOLD_SHIFT = false

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Still struggling to even find a way to modify permissions to paste files into my WindowsApps\MSFS\ folder. Anyone found a solution? Definitely going to buy MSFS 24 on steam, what a pain the MS store/Gamepass version is. I'm fairly technical but this has me stumped

Edited by james_d
  • Like 2

i use a little program called "take ownership pro" to deal with all the permissions and folders ownership give it a try

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +