Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

sounds like a good idea. and how exactly do you plan to avoid MSFS protection?

Well I have been told my old MSFS install is encrypted / protected heavily, and it is.  It is even a problem to view the C: drive files. 
If I reinstall from fresh (using my current license, or from finding my digital rights in the store) then it will do the new type of install this time with less protection.  The type that allows Parallel 42 Stripr etc. to work.

This will be on a completely free and brand new Samsung 980 Pro 2TB C drive after reinstalling W11.  I have copied my Community folder ready to put back on my F: drive after the basic install of MSFS, which goes on the C Drive.
I know I will have to redirect the new install to my F: drive, but there are a number of ways of doing this.
I also have a backup of the MSFS official folder.  Apparently, dropping this back in place after the initial install files are in place will shorten the download times, as I don't have a fast internet connection at the moment.

On this newer install, I will get around the encryption / protection by the methods explained recently, as it is virtually impossible on the old type installations.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

Alvega

thanks again for the valuable info re. the modified 3 Biologic values, I have enjoyed my evening flights like never before in VR. I can now finally "see" the cold blue evenings up there. the proverbial game, sorry sim changer.😊

Have to agree - during a couple of flights after I changed the values the sky has that icy-cold-blue look that I've seen countless times IRL. I noticed a couple of questionable, potential side effects, but the overall look is so superior I won't be going back.

• Like 3

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Could a kind soul please share their modified flightsimulator.exe with the modified sky values for the MS-Store version?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

19 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Could a kind soul please share their modified flightsimulator.exe with the modified sky values for the MS-Store version?

I would assume that is against the EULA of MSFS and against the TOS of Avsim.

Jeez, people, just show some patience and wait.

Edited by Farlis

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

not possible, otherwise we wouldn't have/need this long thread explaining step by step how it is done, including a youtube video. this is how I did it and it worked first time, took 5 minutes. even for the store beta version in VR.

https://github.com/jet2code/arpc-injector/issues/1

from Alvega's post:

Try these values instead of those in the youtube

(0,00508 , 0,00318 , 0,0)

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 9/7/2023 at 11:49 AM, bobcat999 said:

If I was one of the MS / Asobo people, I would be looking at the comparison pictures and saying 'I want that in our sim'.

not being part of the Asobo/Microsoft developer team, I said that long time ago and still say every time I start x-plane. fortunately I can now enjoy the new modified blue evening skies even in MSFS without xplane.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

How big is the SDK because space is limited on my machine, and can I delete it after I make the modifications?

Also which exe of UWPDumper do I use? ARM64 or x64? I have an i9-10900k CPU.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 minutes ago, captain420 said:

or x64? I have an i9-10900k CPU.

x64, because all Flightsim PC's, incl. your CPU use the x64 instruction set.

Windows SDK:

22621.1778.230511-2102.ni_release_svc_prod3_WindowsSDK.ISO = 1 GB

just download and install it, thats all. you can deinstall it after successful EXE modification.

very nice.

Okay, now how do I find where my original encrypted FlightSimulator.exe is located? and do I paste the decrypted .exe over that one?

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

somehow its a pity we can't share the modified EXE, because only users who own MSFS 2020 already can use it anyway. but that's Microsoft's decision, they have already banned any further comments re. modifying the EXE in their official forum. which they are 100% entitled to.

very nice.

22 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Okay, now how do I find where my original encrypted FlightSimulator.exe is located?

Captain, you need to read the "checklist", its all in there:

https://github.com/jet2code/arpc-injector/issues/1

• Go to folder %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\DUMP and copy the decrypted FlightSimulator.exe from there.
  • Go to folder C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content (or wherever your encrypted FlightSimulator.exe is) and paste the decrypted FlightSimulator.exe in there.

Now you are able to modify and use the unencrypted FlightSimulator.exe the same way as Steam users do.

==================

if you don't feel comfortable with live open heart surgery, then better don't. and absolutely make a copy of Flightsimulator.exe ( which may not be possible with the STORE version), or simply rename it temporarily (which is possible even with the STORE version) to avoid accidentally overwriting the original EXE with the one modified with the HEX editor. this way you can rename the original EXE back to the original name in case something goes wrong, which I have the feeling might happen.😒

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

Also why use these values: 

(0,00508 , 0,00318 , 0,0)

Instead of the original ones posted by Biology? What's the difference.

I already read the github's instructions, but what I want to know is where is my original FlightSimulator.exe located? I don't have a folder called C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content and do not remember where I installed it to.

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Also why use these values:

it's all in this thread, check Alvega's post. these look slightly better, blue-er.

(0,00508 , 0,00318 , 0,0) avoids some green tint vs. the one in the youtube video.

very nice.

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

but what I want to know is where is my original FlightSimulator.exe located? I don't have a folder called C:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content

"If you have MS Store version of Microsoft Flight Simulator and your FlightSimulator.exe is encrypted, follow these steps ...."

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/my-msfs-is-not-starting/585085

Edited by turbomax

very nice.