Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Post SU13 PMDG weirdness

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

You should disable crash detection in MSFS. It's fundamentally broken, especially with custom aircraft. Apart from that I guess one would simply know when he has crashed a 737, so one wouldn't need a screen to tell him that.

Crash detection has been broken for decades in MSFS. First thing I do is turn it off. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The worst I've noticed about SU13 is when I'm at an airport with heavy traffic (PSXTraffic + RT + AIG & FSLTL models only) sounds start to break up and drop out...just like it used to be when P3D was about to crash, and it seems like MSFS is about to crash or BSD. Before SU13 I only encountered this once and never experienced it again. When this happens textures also seem to quit loading and all the ground, taxiway and runway textures turn to mud.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I had this happen a couple of times.  Both times I turned off the FSLTL injector and it didn't happen again.  Most recently I decided to try again.  Downloaded the most recent stable version and everything was fine until short final when once again I had traffic warnings.  I used the in game FSLTL panel to remove nearby traffic and the freeze as you describe.  I did not conduct thorough testing to confirm it was the FSLTL injector but with it off I haven't had this happen again.

Doug Wilson

10 minutes ago, halobiont said:

I had this happen a couple of times.  Both times I turned off the FSLTL injector and it didn't happen again.  Most recently I decided to try again.  Downloaded the most recent stable version and everything was fine until short final when once again I had traffic warnings.  I used the in game FSLTL panel to remove nearby traffic and the freeze as you describe.  I did not conduct thorough testing to confirm it was the FSLTL injector but with it off I haven't had this happen again.

That's great, so now SU13 has improved MSFS so I can't run traffic. This is not going the right direction.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 10/2/2023 at 7:44 AM, nrunning24 said:

What are you using for AI? This has happened to myself and a few other simmers who use PSXT and RealTraffic and get a RA or TA on approach.  Solution is to set TCAS to TA only vs TA/RA haven't had it happen since.  Seems PMDG is somewhat aware of the issue but at this point its more of a ghost in the machine as there doesn't seem to be a solution outside changing TCAS modes until they figure it out.

This

On 10/2/2023 at 5:44 AM, nrunning24 said:

What are you using for AI? This has happened to myself and a few other simmers who use PSXT and RealTraffic and get a RA or TA on approach.  Solution is to set TCAS to TA only vs TA/RA haven't had it happen since.  Seems PMDG is somewhat aware of the issue but at this point its more of a ghost in the machine as there doesn't seem to be a solution outside changing TCAS modes until they figure it out.

FSLTL + AIG Models. FSLTL had an update yesterday after which I took the same flight to IAH and had no issue. Not saying the injector was at fault, but it's possible. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

FSLTL + AIG Models. FSLTL had an update yesterday after which I took the same flight to IAH and had no issue. Not saying the injector was at fault, but it's possible. 

I have had the behavior that you described before SU13 as well. Switching off TA/RA on approach cured the issue. PMDG is aware of the problem.

16 hours ago, David Mills said:

If you're using more than one monitor, some controllers won't respond if the last-clicked monitor isn't your main instrumentation monitor. For example, I run a separate monitor just for Little Nav Map. Whenever I click on the Little Nav Map monitor, my controller no longer works at all. No controller input is recognized. It's just as if I'd unplugged the thing. I must click the main monitor again to restore function to my controller.

That's strange, I also use a second monitor for LNM and even when I'm clicking on it all my controls work fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just now on approach to EGLL, entire cockpit froze up, FMC, AP, everything. This happened when TCAS warning started. I am stuck circling right before the gliderslope. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 10/2/2023 at 1:04 AM, Drumcode said:

I gotta say, I never had any issues with the 738 ever since it was released. Tonight on final to FSDT’s KIAH AT ABOUT 2,000ft I lost control of the entire cockpit, literally everything stopped working, either using the Honeycomb Bravo or trying to click things on the screen. The only thing that worked was the axis on the Alpha and throttle on the bravo, landed but I couldn’t do anything beyond that. Hopefully it was a one off, I’ll keep monitoring.

Is anyone seeing any weirdness post SU13?

Same thing happened  to me just now, just as you described. Nothing worked, I finally had to exit MSFS.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2023 at 7:44 AM, nrunning24 said:

This freezing of everything I experienced just now when I got a TCAS RA warning. Going to use TA only from now on. 

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

This freezing of everything I experienced just now when I got a TCAS RA warning. Going to use TA only from now on. 

This must be an issue introduced in SU13 and PMDG's 737, as I never experienced this pre SU13. I guess another option here is to reset the FSLTL traffic on final to avoid the warnings and now that I think of it, I had the TCAS warnings on final too! Dang, thanks Bobster for confirming the issue.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 10/3/2023 at 2:12 AM, David Mills said:

If you're using more than one monitor, some controllers won't respond if the last-clicked monitor isn't your main instrumentation monitor. For example, I run a separate monitor just for Little Nav Map. Whenever I click on the Little Nav Map monitor, my controller no longer works at all. No controller input is recognized. It's just as if I'd unplugged the thing. I must click the main monitor again to restore function to my controller.

This is normal like this, happens to me all the time and i am working with three Monitors .

You have to allways click on your used on to use the mouse ect., ect.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

This is normal like this, happens to me all the time and i am working with three Monitors .

You have to allways click on your used on to use the mouse ect., ect.

cheers 😉

When David says controllers I assume he is talking about joystick, throttle, yoke, etc. I can use those even if I am clicking on the second monitor, so I don't think it's normal. Of course to use the mouse you need to click on the monitor you want to use it.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

29 minutes ago, Alvega said:

When David says controllers I assume he is talking about joystick, throttle, yoke, etc. I can use those even if I am clicking on the second monitor, so I don't think it's normal. Of course to use the mouse you need to click on the monitor you want to use it.

Yes sorry, for example XBox controller works without clicking first on the used monitor..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png