Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

VoxATC in beta - Performance demonstration

Just a very short clip showing the smoothness of AI movements (Vox controlled), and also note my framerate counter in the top left (my sim is v-synced to my monitor at 50fps)

All the aircraft shown are generated and controlled by VoxATC using AIG traffic (thanks @Kaiii3)

Clip taken at EGGP Liverpool, just because I know it well and I did my PPL there 😄

More news and updates to follow.....

Happy to answer any questions!

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

i would like to see a test in EGLL or KLAX that the final boss and also show how many aircraft are active and what cpu do you use 

Very good  news !  🙂

• Like 1

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

53 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

i would like to see a test in EGLL or KLAX that the final boss and also show how many aircraft are active and what cpu do you use 

CPU is in my signature - happy to show varying levels of traffic as we get closer to release.  Of course frame rates are dependent on much more than vox injected traffic, but I can demonstrate in future the loading with different traffic levels at different airports so you can see the fps on my system before and after 🙂

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

If I remember correctly, the voices in Vox ATC were pretty bad. Any samples of the voices now?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If I remember correctly, the voices in Vox ATC were pretty bad. Any samples of the voices now?

Have to wait a short time for that update it's being worked on now as we speak.  I currently use a variety of addon SAPI voices which are suitably immersive for me.

Happy to demo new voices when they are available and a bit polished.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Have to wait a short time for that update it's being worked on now as we speak.  I currently use a variety of addon SAPI voices which are suitably immersive for me.

Happy to demo new voices when they are available and a bit polished.  

Will VoxATC come with a variety of voices included or will it still rely on the SAPI voices the user has installed?

7 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Will VoxATC come with a variety of voices included or will it still rely on the SAPI voices the user has installed?

This may be subject to change, but my current understanding is that it will come with a variety of voices yes.  There has been discussion about how this might be done.  Using SAPI as now will still be an option as well AFAIK. Don't expect super realistic neural ATC voices in the app itself though, let's be realistic about what is deliverable.  There a reason say Amazon Polly voices are charged at the rate they are, for example.

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

Crazy that it appears we'll all soon have so many different MSFS ATC choices and at some point I'll probably own them all.  😊

I was an original VoxATC guy back in FSX days and always thought the AI generation and integration was done very very well.   

Looking forward to this release.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Crazy that it appears we'll all soon have so many different MSFS ATC choices

It's been such a pain point for flight simmers for such a long time that I'm not surprised.

Great to see competition, which is driving innovation and expectations of each solution. Look forward to seeing how they all compare!

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

27 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

It's been such a pain point for flight simmers for such a long time that I'm not surprised.

Great to see competition, which is driving innovation and expectations of each solution. Look forward to seeing how they all compare!

Yup, let’s just hope one excels. We seem to have loads, but yet none that would be the go to one. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Using SAPI as now will still be an option as well AFAIK

W10 & 11 inherently have close to 20 SAPI5 voices that sound fine, even with VATC's "static noise" options ... if the MSFS vers is the same as P3D's in this.

so before trying the assumed "demo", install those MS TTS's to  check VATC in a more "comprehensive" way.

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

for now, cheers

john martin

I'm a user of P2ATC and have quite a few additional SAPI voices as well as a full AIG install, so this sounds interesting.

Where do I go to find out more about what this program may do (live traffic, historical/offset time traffic, emergencies and diversions, weather-dependent routing changes, etc.)?

With all of the recent Beyond ATC hype, and the subsequent debate about recurring fees/subscriptions, it's nice to hear that there may be another option coming out.