Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Blacksquare TBM 850 released

58 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

But there definitely is metallic properties it's just subtle.  The real one seems to only shimmer in certain lighting...otherwise appears like a grey color

I'm playing with the comps on your paint now....

Here is the result so far....

83uRqi.jpg

I have to tone down the gaussian blur a bit on the metal flakes...but not bad for a 1st run. 😉 

I'll touch base with you later after work today and show you how I'm doing this.

EDIT a few more shots at different angles and sun positions

zXH0sV.jpg

Cycbnt.jpg

58 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Are you planning N422AZ?

Hmmm.....wasn't planning it...but maybe. 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

Thanks a lot for these beautiful repaints. Would it be possible to have a canadian registration for the N852PS repaint. I'd like to have CF-GCC (Fictionnal). Thanks a lot again.

Real

Just forget my request Ryan. I've found how change it. Thanks.

Real Deraps

Aircraft is niiiice!  Only issue I've got, is my EFIS and HSI won't run correctly.  I just get ATTITUDE FAIL.  Can't figure this one out.   IGNORE THIS - Didn't turn on the Gyro Inst on overhead.

Jase

Edited by JaseMelbo
  • Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Hurray!

I have some repaints for you all 🙂

I hope others will release their own!

https://flightsim.to/profile/ryanbatc

I plan to do a few more... when time permits

Thanks to @Tim-HH for this beautiful shot of N852PS

Oh, and all paints can have a custom/dynamic registration. Though the paints are designed with the real tail number in mind...some custom numbers my overlap the paint a bit.

53236310423_79974d5d19_o.jpgScreenshot (179) by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53236311298_67ff67cb31_o.jpgUntitled-13 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53236011466_f77a219eb9_o.jpgUntitled-1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Thanks heaps mate.  Just grabbed them - so good.  Cheers.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

How’s performance with this new plane? I’m guessing it’s not too heavy on the frames but wanted to check before buying.

The two aircraft I’ve been flying the most lately are the Comanche and Vision Jet (if anyone can help compare it to those?)

Just now, Redge said:

How’s performance with this new plane? I’m guessing it’s not too heavy on the frames but wanted to check before buying.

The two aircraft I’ve been flying the most lately are the Comanche and Vision Jet (if anyone can help compare it to those?)

I have both of those.  This one seems about the same.  The G3000's can hurt a little but I've got a powerful system.  I don't think you'd see any issues on this one with a somewhat modern system.  The textures are larger though on the TBM8.  I don't see any differences.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Great! I thank you for the quick response (but my wallet, on the other hand… 😆)

41 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I'm playing with the comps on your paint now....

Here is the result so far....

I have to tone down the gaussian blur a bit on the metal flakes...but not bad for a 1st run. 😉 

I'll touch base with you later after work today and show you how I'm doing this.

Steve your message inbox must be full... I cannot send you a PM.  PM me your email and I can email you back.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, Redge said:

Great! I thank you for the quick response (but my wallet, on the other hand… 😆)

I think you'll enjoy this plane.  It's got support for PMS, TDS, and WT GNS as for GPS options... or none of those if you're old school hehe

Besides that there's a ton of other features to love.  And it's a sexy single turboprop!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Nice plane, personally waiting for the PC-12, as we basically already have a TBM 850 in the sim for free (of course, not the same fidelity, but with mods...). 

• Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Steve your message inbox must be full... I cannot send you a PM.  PM me your email and I can email you back.

Yeah that's been a long running issue with Avsim....you can only have 100 messages.  I've actually saved 100 messages from over the 20 years I've been here....a lot from folks no longer with us, including Mr. Allensworth (RIP Tom).  I refuse to delete them as they hold sentimental value.

I PM'd you on Discord. 😉

Here is another angle/sun position

1pNKOq.jpg

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Did you know he lost his TBM850 gig?

That's unfortunate, I liked his TBM videos.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ark said:

That's unfortunate, I liked his TBM videos.

Al

He's got something coming still with his new job.  Sounds like they are ok with him continuing the YouTube/social media thing.  His latest video was flying a TBM 960, I believe so maybe he's moving to that?

• Like 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

How are the sounds?  Are they custom, and if so any good?  Or does it use the default Asobo 930 sounds?

Sorry!  Just answering my own question.  The Asobo sounds are good anyway.

Sounds
Black Square’s TBM 850 features a highly customised version of the MSFS-native (Wwise) 3D TBM 930 sound package, with many new handmade sounds added for warnings, environmental control systems, electronics and more. The default sounds have been carefully assigned to all interactable cockpit elements for an authentic 3D spatial audio experience and engine sounds have been integrated with Black Square’s turbine engine and propeller simulation.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.