Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Blacksquare TBM 850 released

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure I really see the difference this time around..

It changes fonts on labels, and on the gauges to get them to match the real version.  I think with the other addons he added Beechcraft logos etc.  He may have added a few gauge logos on this one too.  I haven't booted the sim to see what changed yet.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I really wish everyone who does cockpit texture mods would do comparison shots so the user can really see what--and how much--the difference is!

• Like 2

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I would be interested to learn how you have setup your TQ to handle the TBM's Condition lever axis. Did you just bind a TQ lever to "Condition Lever Axis"?

Also, is there a Black Square Discord site?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

6 hours ago, Purr said:

I really wish everyone who does cockpit texture mods would do comparison shots so the user can really see what--and how much--the difference is!

I agree so I did some myself. All of the images from the mod are on the left side of the screen. The default cockpit images are on the right.

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Image #4

Image #5

Image #6

Image #7

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

4 hours ago, air-ick said:

I agree so I did some myself. All of the images from the mod are on the left side of the screen. The default cockpit images are on the right.

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Image #4

Image #5

Image #6

Image #7

Thanks for this but just opened to a blank page, no image viewable....disabled my extensions on chrome and tried a different browser, same result that I couldn't see any images.

• Like 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Sorry, those links went bad when I realized that, as I was making these pics, the author had just updated his addon to 1.02. I redid all of the pics. Here are the comparison shots for the latest release. I should add that these pics are in 4K so you can see as much detail as possible.

I can't edit my previous post anymore, so these are the only links that I know are working now. Ignore any link in a previous post.

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Image #4

Image #5

Image #6

Image #7

Edited by air-ick
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

still a blank page for me 🤥

I'm sorry. Are all the images blank?

Full disclosure, I've just started using this website for these images so I can't speak to its reliability. If I can find another website that can host similar images I'll repost. I've tried it on MS Edge, Chrome and Safari on my Mac and so far they are all showing up.

13 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

still a blank page for me 🤥

I can see the pics; using Firefox.

Al

Edited by ark

23 hours ago, Orlaam said:

The Caravan seems to be the one Black Square plane that doesn't feel weird.  The Bonanza might be the second in that dept.

Agree with the above.  Also, I cannot hand-fly the TBM 850 without it always wanting to drop the left wing and go into a dive. 

Always have to fly with AP on. Sad when you want to practice circuits. Ajusting the rudder control on the yoke is finicky at best.

Whats with the up-down arrorws ?? I would expect rudder trim to be left-right arrows. unless I am doing something wrong.

Edited by Beagle12
Update text

8 minutes ago, ark said:

I can see the pics; using Firefox.

Al

Thanks, I've been updating just a few of the pics to get them to match up as closely as possible and that breaks the links until I regenerate them. Hopefully, that's all it is.

• Like 1

I can see the images with Chrome.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 hours ago, air-ick said:

Thanks, I've been updating just a few of the pics to get them to match up as closely as possible and that breaks the links until I regenerate them. Hopefully, that's all it is.

Thanks for the images  - they are a comprehensive comparison between the default and the mod textures. Thanks!

• Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo

12 hours ago, air-ick said:

I'm sorry. Are all the images blank?

The images were blank for me too, or so I thought.  😉  With my internet connection I wasn't waiting long enough the 4K images to download. 

Thank you making these images.  👍

Bill  N7IBG