Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

Flytampa Amsterdam imminent

Thanks for that one, Matthijs. I will check out that approach in P3Dv4, but I am virtually certain that those canals will be rendered much better than the ones in your screenshot. How about one or two screenshots of the K (GA) Apron?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Now that AMS is done has their been any word on a CDG scenery? About a year ago someone was developing it but I believe that was abandoned. 

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Thanks for that one, Matthijs. I will check out that approach in P3Dv4, but I am virtually certain that those canals will be rendered much better than the ones in your screenshot. How about one or two screenshots of the K (GA) Apron?

You can find more about the K apron in this excellent video review:

Edited by Matthijs
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 10/9/2023 at 9:22 PM, Carts85 said:

@FilbertFlies Be good to see a review from FilbertFlies… Not seen him release a video for sometime, I hopes he well.

Hey Carts! Nice to hear from you and thanks for thinking of me. All's well but I've still not been tempted back into the world of scenery reviews I'm afraid. The last one I did was a year and seven days ago. They just take a very long time to do and this is not balanced by the number of views they get unfortunately. Then there's the general feeling of drudgery that comes from listening to myself saying the same old things over and over again! 😂 If there's (god forbid) another lockdown or something else that leads to me having loads of time on my hands then I may do some catching up, but otherwise I'll be sticking to having a look at new products live on Twitch.

Anyhow, seeing as you asked, here's what I think of it so far, briefly and in text form!

The good:

• General atmosphere - excellent
  • Modelling - excellent
  • Building Textures - excellent
  • Performance - incredible. Better than many worse-looking, smaller airports for me
  • Night lighting - very good
  • Ground Textures - mostly very good, some oddities here and there
  • Taxiway bridge visuals - very good

The less good:

• Glass - disappointed that it disappears from the inside. It seems to be something that FlyTampa have never quite managed to get right.
  • Taxiway bridge taxi experience - disappointingly bumpy, but I know they're working on a fix
  • Interior modelling - not bad at all, but not up to the standard of some other devs (before you all start, yes, I know it's a FLIGHT simulator!)
  • Oddities with jetways - sometimes the wrong one moves

I'm certain they'll fix the odd bug that people have found but, given how long they've been working on it, I was a little surprised it wasn't more polished on release. Overall though, another fantastic addition to the sim and you'd be mad not to buy it.

Cheers,
Filbert

Edited by FilbertFlies
  • Like 18

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

7 hours ago, FilbertFlies said:

Hey Carts! Nice to hear from you and thanks for thinking of me. All's well but I've still not been tempted back into the world of scenery reviews I'm afraid.

Missing your reviews ✈️

• Like 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

8 hours ago, FilbertFlies said:

Hey Carts! Nice to hear from you and thanks for thinking of me. All's well but I've still not been tempted back into the world of scenery reviews I'm afraid.

I discovered your reviews quite late, but thought they were very good.

As for the EHAM release, more than excited to finally experience it in MSFS. Just returned from holiday and only just managed to install it.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FilbertFlies said:

Hey Carts! Nice to hear from you and thanks for thinking of me.

Great to hear from you Filbert and I’ll have to start spending more time on Twitch to catch your streams. 

• Like 1

bought it. looks nice. bought it via ORBX and yes, no adjustments/settings offered. on my meager system under DX11 not very fluid, 14-20fps when taxiing to RWY24. well. that was a test in DX11 as I usually use DX12 and just switched to DX11 since someone mentioned that (all/most?) devs only optimize for DX11. will switch back to DX12 now and see what the difference is. 

UPDATE fps are higher in DX12, back at 20-25. Still not the 30 fps I am capped at but feels and looks smooth and fluid now.

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

15 hours ago, FilbertFlies said:

The less good:

• Glass - disappointed that it disappears from the inside. It seems to be something that FlyTampa have never quite managed to get right.
  • Taxiway bridge taxi experience - disappointingly bumpy, but I know they're working on a fix
  • Interior modelling - not bad at all, but not up to the standard of some other devs (before you all start, yes, I know it's a FLIGHT simulator!)
  • Oddities with jetways - sometimes the wrong one moves

Agree on these items;

- Slightly more opacity on the terminal glass and see through to the other should be able. 

- New taxiway bridge is indeed not smooth (it's like driving over a curb). Weird that this wasn't spotted in Beta testing. Someone must have taxied over there

- Some simple figure piercing out of the window would be nice as these are exactly the places everyone is waiting to board. 

And i would like to add the following. 

- Schiphol East a bit empty. IRL the fence is quite prominent dividing the apron and the parking lot. 

- I also experience to taxiway edge lighting (blue lighting) on the Z Taxiway to only appear really late. 

- Water ways (ditches, sloten) next to the runway are really weirdly jacked edged from a distance. Other bodies of water nearby (native scenery) doesn't have this. I think this is to do with it being modeled as a real ditch (lower elevation) 

Edited by bigifooti
  • Upvote 2

Deleted

Edited by bbking

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

1 hour ago, bigifooti said:

- New taxiway bridge is indeed not smooth (it's like driving over a curb). Weird that this wasn't spotted in Beta testing. Someone must have taxied over there.

- Water ways (ditches, sloten) next to the runway are really weirdly jacked edged from a distance. Other bodies of water nearby (native scenery) doesn't have this. I think this is to do with it being modeled as a real ditch (lower elevation) 

Definitely agree on these - I flew LHR - AMS this morning in the Fenix A320 and landed on 18R. The strangely jagged waterways depiction along the runway to some extent ruined the immersion. And the taxiing was ridiculous when crossing the bridge. 
The A320 was thrown into the air and started rolling backwards, I had to apply more than 50% power to get going again.

Otherwise, there are lots of great things about the product, but somewhat disappointing that it was released like this.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

16 hours ago, FilbertFlies said:

All's well but I've still not been tempted back into the world of scenery reviews I'm afraid.

(…)

If there's (god forbid) another lockdown or something else that leads to me having loads of time on my hands then I may do some catching up, but otherwise I'll be sticking to having a look at new products live on Twitch.

I seriously liked your reviews. Way more than the live streams. Maybe I’m too old and don’t have the patience to sit through a multiple hour livestream.

But even reading your written review and imagining your guiding us through the scenery with those (sometimes way too long) fade out/in transition brought back nostalgic memories. Those were good times. Except Covid, that part was ugly.

Back on topic. My impressions of FlyTampa’s EHAM are more or less the same as what’s already been said here by others. It looks a little rough around the edges, especially given how long it took them to develop. It feels as if they rushed it a little bit at the end and took shortcuts to finish it. But overall, it is still a massive improvement over the default and even a big improvement over the handcrafted Asobo version. It’s just not as ground breaking as what Pyreegue or others have released lately. 

Edited by petz_e
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigifooti said:

Agree on these items;

- Slightly more opacity on the terminal glass and see through to the other should be able.
- New taxiway bridge is indeed not smooth (it's like driving over a curb). Weird that this wasn't spotted in Beta testing. Someone must have taxied over there
- Some simple figure piercing out of the window would be nice as these are exactly the places everyone is waiting to board. 

And i would like to add the following. 

- Schiphol East a bit empty. IRL the fence is quite prominent dividing the apron and the parking lot.
- I also experience to taxiway edge lighting (blue lighting) on the Z Taxiway to only appear really late.

I've just posted over on the FT forums covering some of these and a few other points.

While the taxiway bridges are apparently going to be fixed in the upcoming update, I wonder how long we'll have to wait for other points raised.

IIRC, only LGAV and KBOS have people in terminals, so they may not appear in EHAM.
Also, you could be right that it's a sim limitation with the canals/ditches. Perhaps removing the elevation component and keeping them at the same level as the airport terrain is the only solution. The jagged shapes are distracting on final to the Polderbaan.

The somewhat good news is that, unlike some other developers, FlyTampa do release subsequent updates (see latest KBOS).

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter