Sign in to follow this  
BrammyH

PMDG 737 Tablet Releases 30 October 23

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

I think I know the answer to this question. But does the new PMDG table in MSFS allow PMDG aircraft to use MSFS flight plans? I don't understand why this importation of MSFS flight plans is so undesirable or technically unfathomable. 

Not that PMDG is fully compliant yet, but the default flight planner isn’t fully ARINC-24 compliant. So for the more complex leg types or trans/via legs, the flight planner just doesn’t recognise it and inserts a USR waypoint. 

so if you build a flight plan in msfs and try to import it into an arinc-24 fms it’s going to be missing some things, or the leg stringing could be wrong. Same for the other way round.

• Like 1

British AV geek's problem was an encoder crash within OBS (his streaming software). I haven't seen Chewwy's error. It's possible something in the EFB throws encoder errors. A streamer friend has issues with some of the remote MCDUs apps and OBS.

6 hours ago, pstrub said:

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, I don't care. I've learned a lot from him since the PMDG 737 was released. 

If I need Boeing content I go watch flightdeck2sim. He's not BIAS like the other guy mention here. He's been making content for over a decade now.

• Like 3

I prefer Into the blue, no word not allowed or bias, says it as it is, and a RW Pilot.

• Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I prefer myself because I know what I like.

Guess what....the tablet was released.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

From PMDG

Captains,

It is a pretty unusual thing for me to give you a Monday morning update, but we wanted to let you know that we have just made live a series of new update for the PMDG 737-600/700/800/900 series airplanes in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

This update is primarily focused on bringing the first build of our new Universal Flight Tablet to the 737 fleet, but also includes some additional small tweaks, improvements and bug fixes within the 737 itself.

Included here is a cut/paste from last weekend's preview announcement, lightly edited for improvement:

The PMDG Universal Flight Tablet initially releases with a small suite of applications that are focused on the "EFB" functions contained within the tablet environment:

Flight Plans/SimBrief Integration
- Importing flight plans from SimBrief.
- Download weather for the flight plan route.
- Flight plan/weather sharing between tablet/aircraft.
- Display of Operational Flight Plan.
- Display of real time METAR information (native or simplified format)

Charting:
- Navigraph Charts (Requires Navigraph Subscription)
- Georeferenced aircraft on displayed charts where appropriate.
- Flight centric chart selection/pinning of desired charts.

Performance Computation:
- T/O, Diversion, Landing computations.
- Data Import from flight plans or from the aircraft itself.
- Reduced runway length computations.
- Graphic display of displaced threshold data.

The PMDG Universal Flight Tablet is a new ecosystem within the PMDG product line that is designed to give us a natural space from which to offer applications and tools that will improve your simming enjoyment with our products. As development continues, we will be leveraging the tablet environment to bring you items that are focused on control of the PMDG airplane, such as:

- Managing all of the PMDG Options from the tablet *or* the FMS menu.
- Managing PMDG Functions from the tablet *or* the FMS menu.
- Manage PMDG Failures from the tablet *or* the FMS menu.

There are other additional features coming which we will detail in later posts- and we have also begun to coordinate with some outside developers in order to bring direct access to their applications right from within the PMDG Universal Flight Tablet. This will allow for some really neat integrations with the applications and tools that you love- all right from within the tablet, without breaking realism, and without needing to have 20 pop-up screens managed all over your desktop.

Within the core tablet functionality, we have included:
- Data Entry via attached keyboard, or via an on-screen keyboard
- Metric/Imperial Units selectable.
- Day/Night setting.
- Independent, fully functioning pilot/copilot tablets.

It is very important to all of us here at PMDG to point out that the tablet, much like our airplanes, is a constant development process. Our vision for the UFT is that it become a feature rich garden of tools that enhance your enjoyment of simming with a PMDG product. We have expanded our development team in part to support this vision, and we are welcoming a few key development partners to coordinate with us on bringing their applications into the environment. The first few applications we are rolling out are primarily focused on giving you some key, important tools that you asked for- but they are also designed to give us a chance to ensure the thing is stable and ready for the growth we have planned.

The next new batch of functions is already being prepped for testing, and I think you'll be happy with the pace of change, expansion and improvement now that the tablet is on your flight deck.

Thank you so much for your patience as we worked our way through this part of the endeavor. Now collect your gear and go flying! rolleyes.png

• Like 4

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Crickets

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Installing the tablet now in the 600 and 800..Took about 2 minutes. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The weather section is not working for me - just blank after importing from Simbrief. If I manually type an airport in it doesn't come up with anything either. Tried both "sim" and "real world" weather options.

Hey, I like what I am seeing. Simbrief import was easy, reading the charts while head tracking was solid. Still have to figure a bit better performance calculation (never really that good at those). So far so good.

9 minutes ago, somiller said:

Crickets

No crickets. People are just checking out still.  Did you check it out yet?

10 minutes ago, somiller said:

Crickets

So how do you get the EFB to appear?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

The weather section is not working for me - just blank after importing from Simbrief. If I manually type an airport in it doesn't come up with anything either. Tried both "sim" and "real world" weather options.

Same. with both sources.

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

So how do you get the EFB to appear?

Equipement Settings, Page 16,