Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

difference between 30-40 frames butter smooth and 60 to 80 f

7 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I can easily run at 70fps + so know how that feels, but the view out the window is awful 🤗  Getting a smooth FTV has been the key to maximise smoothness and settings on my system.

You can easily peak 70fps+ but obviously not maintain it. I can easily maintain 60fps with a low FTV (yes i know what that is) and so i have no clue why i would got back to a lower (insert  FPS count of your choice) FPS with basically the same FTV. So what are you and Noel trying to sell me?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

8 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I am pleased for you if you are able to chase 120 fps, but why are you pushing this point when my comments are for those on lesser systems?

In any case, 34 isn't awful, it is perfectly useable.

Because you're providing incorrect information. 36 or 34 Fps isn't good for trackIR, and thats not an opinion, it's just a fact. It s to do with their camera systems polling rate which is 120HZ. So, you said MSFS stutter or TrackIR judder? Ermmm, why have either? Jus reduce some settings for the extra 4FPS if you're on lower end hardware and maintain 40FPS! 

And I ain't chasing anything. I couldn't tell you my FPS because the counter is off, I just know they're super high and smooth thanks to FG. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Using Unlimited + FG here and all 4K TV’s running at 60 hertz.

This is smoother than limited at 30 fps + 50% vsync. Especially when accelerating down the runway and looking left. Or when banking.

• Like 4

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

12 minutes ago, GSalden said:

This is smoother than limited at 30 fps + 50% vsync. Especially when accelerating down the runway and looking left. Or when bankin

That’s because your eyes are noticing the difference of the higher frames coming in to play. It makes it more fluid, more lifelike, truer to flight. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

That’s because your eyes are noticing the difference of the higher frames coming in to play. It makes it more fluid, more lifelike, truer to flight. 

And FG also helps.

Only when using multiple monitors the main monitor has working FG. The other 1-2 don’t.

Luckily I have a seperate pc for the left view, so FG works as it should.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The bottom line is that we all shall buy a 4090 or keep our mouth shut.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Or reduce settings to match hardware. I would rather have 40FPS+ than locked at 34 (or 36) etc... By reducing a few settings that hardly make a noticeable impact to the visual experience. I also heard that a 4080 super with 20GB will be released, should help lower the price of 4090 too. 

11 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

By reducing a few settings that hardly make a noticeable impact to the visual experience.

I seem to have a good balance right now with most settings on High but admittedly I've gone back & forth so many times that I'm not sure if any of it made a real difference. I could always do with a few extra frames so that I can open up FSLTL a bit more. Are there any settings in particular you could point at that worked for you? I'm sure 1 or 2 are probably redundant but knowing what they are is the thing. I did find before that lowering settings when trying to find the sweet spot actually reduced performance for me as my CPU took most of the load, when I increased (advice from a youtuber that I can't remember) it seemed to not only increase my performance but also lower my CPU temps. Strange but true.

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

3 hours ago, El Diablito said:

I seem to have a good balance right now with most settings on High but admittedly I've gone back & forth so many times that I'm not sure if any of it made a real difference. I could always do with a few extra frames so that I can open up FSLTL a bit more. Are there any settings in particular you could point at that worked for you? I'm sure 1 or 2 are probably redundant but knowing what they are is the thing. I did find before that lowering settings when trying to find the sweet spot actually reduced performance for me as my CPU took most of the load, when I increased (advice from a youtuber that I can't remember) it seemed to not only increase my performance but also lower my CPU temps. Strange but true.

Terrain LIOD is the main one that affects the CPU. I believe someone made a comparison video somewhere showing if it affects GPU or CPU, and what visual impact it makes? Im sure it's on YouTube, someone here will know who posted it.

I know this doesn't help you, but I just move all sliders ultra. HOWEVER, even with a 7950X I only have terrain LOD at 200, anything more than that gives CPU stutters with FSLTL active. 

6 hours ago, Ixoye said:

lol Where is that coming from?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Terrain LIOD is the main one that affects the CPU. I believe someone made a comparison video somewhere showing if it affects GPU or CPU, and what visual impact it makes? Im sure it's on YouTube, someone here will know who posted it.

I know this doesn't help you, but I just move all sliders ultra. HOWEVER, even with a 7950X I only have terrain LOD at 200, anything more than that gives CPU stutters with FSLTL active. 

Cheers, Ian. Yeah, I'm hamstrung with my current CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) on the LOD front, anything above 100 and it starts panicking but tbh because I haven't seen the sim running on a LOD of 200 or 60fps I don't know what I'm missing out on and that makes it all fine. I'm sure if I did see it on those settings I could never go back. For now I'm more than happy with the visuals but I'd love to ramp up traffic at major airports and not have to worry about the slide show. I can't complain too much really as almost every flight I have is a joy and I'm grateful to have what I have. I'm sure I'll see what you guys are experiencing down the line at some stage.

• Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

57 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

lol Where is that coming from?

Certain posters that don't seem to understand those discussing smoothness with lesser systems.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Or reduce settings to match hardware. I would rather have 40FPS+ than locked at 34 (or 36) etc... By reducing a few settings that hardly make a noticeable impact to the visual experience. I also heard that a 4080 super with 20GB will be released, should help lower the price of 4090 too. 

As I have said many times now, my system is capable of 60fps, but not without stutters.  MSFS is visually great, so I personally want as much of the graphical stuff as I can get, rather than chase higher FPS and lose out.  Locked FPS at 34 gives me very high to ultra settings with a COMPLETELY SMOOTH display, because my frame times (FTV) are consistent. I'll say it again, I prefer consistent FTV over chasing FPS for the sake of it.  TrackIR and Tobii Eyetracker work just fine on my system.  I agree that 40fps would be better because at that point moving the virtual head becomes completely smooth, but I don't want to sacrifice what I enjoy for a tiny bit more smoothness.

I really don't understand why those with 4090's etc are so adamant that anything below that is 'awful' - it isn't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

9 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

You can easily peak 70fps+ but obviously not maintain it. I can easily maintain 60fps with a low FTV (yes i know what that is) and so i have no clue why i would got back to a lower (insert  FPS count of your choice) FPS with basically the same FTV. So what are you and Noel trying to sell me?

They are not trying to sell you anything. You have a very powerful i9 13900KF/GTX 4090 powered system, so you do not need to trade fps for eye candy.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I really don't understand why those with 4090's etc are so adamant that anything below that is 'awful' - it isn't.

Because those with 4090's have witnessed what is possible. It's like driving a Lada all your life and then someone puts you in a Ferrari. You DON'T want to go back to the Lada, ever! So to the 4090 owner, 30 FPS is awful. Context. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Upvote 2