Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

PMDG 737 Tablet updates are available

21 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Ditto to the long term user and I have to agree with you, although functional, it's pretty basic compared to other tablets out there, IMO Fenix and FBW offer more features and look better, but hey, at least we have one in the 737 range - at last.

Agree! You would think you could open and close doors, call your ground equipment, set up a pushback, and set your aircraft loads all via the tablet! This is as basic as they come.

Edited by YukonPete
  • Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I tried it out and like it a lot. Very responsive and works great with my Navigraph subscription.

For what it does, it's very good.

• Like 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Great gift PMDG! One question, Are you supposed to have a visual dipicted line on the runway,of takoff distance?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

pmdg has been developed for more than a year, and pmdg just came up with this thing? What about the linkage between pmdg and simbrief? Playloads still need to be loaded manually on the FMC, and it cannot be loaded on the EFB, let alone automatically loaded. The loading of the flight plan is essentially the same. This is far different from fenix's EFB, let alone the free FBW's EFB.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

SimBrief integration should work (at least it did in the videos I saw). Or are you refering to something else?

On a side note: Is there a way of hiding the tablet, if you don't want to use it? Click-spot or option in the FMC something like that?

Edited by anden145
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

the world wide web has a singular go-to spot for pmdg whining.  by some dumb luck i think i just found it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Using Google maps and scrolling around or zooming in the tablet crashes the sim for me. On the PMDG forums other users are reporting the same issue.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

I really don't know how we managed without an EFB?? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

David Porrett

21 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

Using Google maps and scrolling around or zooming in the tablet crashes the sim for me. On the PMDG forums other users are reporting the same issue.

Mine crash trying to open a SID.  I moved my operations over to the Fenix and completed a wonderful flight without issue :cool:

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

So it does not load the fuel and payload from the Simbrief flightplan? Little bit disappointed here........

What is then the Simbrief integration? Already had all these app on my tablet, simbief and navigraph etc.

15 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

My flightplan loaded without problems from SimBrief. The tablet works and looks great!

just giving it a try, too. and yes, the EFB loaded the flight plan. but it does not show up in the FMC. is that by design? So I still need the simbrief downloader and then select the route/plan through the FMC? 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 minutes ago, DAD said:

just giving it a try, too. and yes, the EFB loaded the flight plan. but it does not show up in the FMC. is that by design? So I still need the simbrief downloader and then select the route/plan through the FMC? 

I can‘t believe this. What happens if you click request on the RTE page?

21 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I can‘t believe this. What happens if you click request on the RTE page?

just enroute now from ENGM so cannot check now for a screen shot but I basically saw what I always saw before. the "folder" to select my flightplan from once it downloaded into the "working folder"... so no import through the EFB and then the FMC is basically populated. unless I do something wrong the EFB and FMC are not connected. which may resemble the real world but does not help me as "lazy" armchair pilot

EDIT just checking the release notes. I must have done something intuitivly wrong (red is mine):

Flight Plans/SimBrief Integration
- Importing flight plans from SimBrief.
- Download weather for the flight plan route.
- Flight plan/weather sharing between tablet/aircraft.
- Display of Operational Flight Plan.
- Display of real time METAR information (native or simplified format)

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

18 minutes ago, DAD said:

just enroute now from ENGM so cannot check now for a screen shot but I basically saw what I always saw before. the "folder" to select my flightplan from once it downloaded into the "working folder"... so no import through the EFB and then the FMC is basically populated. unless I do something wrong the EFB and FMC are not connected. which may resemble the real world but does not help me as "lazy" armchair pilot

Really. You're right.