Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

PMDG 737 Tablet updates are available

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

see above Brammy and even further up by Diablito: 

I will have to try that on my  next flight, I didn't do that this time. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Does it have a web server function like the Fenix where you can use an external tablet? I have an iPad mini that I use for the Fenix tablet and would be nice if yo could do the same in the PMDG. 

I haven't had a chance to do the update yet but will do later.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

25 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

This reminds me I need to write a batch file to clear out those directories.

BrammyH,

If you do that would you please share with the rest of us who aren't so adept at creating such a thing?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

It is just what you call replace, it is even more work.

Now you have to load it in the EFB first, and then load it in the FMC.

That's how it works in the real plane. You can view your route on an iPad in the flight deck, but there's no connection between the EFB and the FMC. It's uplinked on the route page, irrespective of the EFB.

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

But it sounds better. 

Anyway, I learned something today. I used the performance calculator in the PMDG EFB, and it said I was slightly overweight, which didn't show up in the FMC. I recalculated, and then it OKd takeoff. I guess I will use that function. As far as flightplanning, I am going to do it as I always did with Simbrief downloader. 

Using just the FMC page will work of course for most simming purposes, but FWIW, that doesn't do what the EFB calculator does. The FMC only gives you Vspeeds based on very few known variables. It's a very downsized version basically. It has no idea about runway length, intersections, bleed on/off, anti-ice on/off, pressure, and can't compute an optimal flap setting. In reality, EFB results take precedence over FMC calculated Vspeeds. So it's nice that we finally have that in the PMDG.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I use the downloader on every PMDG flight, why are you claiming it isn't needed anymore?

Because it isn't needed any more.

That's the whole point of PMDG's new UFT.   It imports Simbrief data, including the flight plan , without the use of the Simbrief Downloader.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The thing that bugs me about this was all the hype that RSR built up about it over the past two years.  Calling it revolutionary, saying he was withholding previews because he wanted us to see it in a state where we could really appreciate its unique revolutionary design (similar to what he says about the 777).  And now all we have got is an extremely basic tablet that doesnt even come close to what we have with the Fenix efb in terms of features for example.  Im a VR user, so I am grateful to at least have the perf tool and charts, that will make flying the 737 much better, but I am a bit underwhelmed overall. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

As good as some of the content creators are, they would've done the community a far better service if they had really detailed from A to B how this UFT works, they should've gone through every page in the FMC and shown clearly what's new and what's still missing, what gets imported and what doesn't, instead of just browsing vaguely through the various functions.

It would've cut out 95% of the questions in this thread and you would think that's why PMDG gave them early access in the first place.

For what it's worth, I find it a great addition to the cockpit and the Navigraph function is better than the FBW version, which has had random bugs for me over the last couple of months, ie: pinned charts disappearing.

Edited by El Diablito
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I'm on approach to KORD in my 1st flight with the tablet.

The charts are nice and smooth on my system. No issues whatsoever. It was really nice being able to have the performance calculations visible at the same time as the FMC so I could input the values without changing the view position.

I've been using the Simbrief downloader, and I didn't turn it off for this flight, so I am not sure if having the tablet made any difference at all. I used the same workflow in the FMC that I've been using. Importing the flight plan and weather information was as simple and easy as it always has been. Maybe there's a new way to do it now, but I'm just gonna keep doing it how I always did.

after landing....

The enroute landing calculations from the tablet agreed with my manual calculations. Not exactly, but close enough. Probably due to me rounding numbers in my head.

There were was one "anomaly" during my flight. After landing, I turned off runway 27L at R, crossed G, crossed H, made a sweeping left turn and ended up on B. The little blue airplane on the moving map in the tablet showed me on T for a moment, got stuck, then disappeared. I am in drone mode tracing my taxi back, and it's clear that the FSDT layout isn't current, as the charts on the tablet are showing an XX designation after crossing H on R and no sweeping turn where it changes to B in the sim. Anyone know what year FSDT's KORD layout is from? 

So far, I am perfectly satisfied. The tablet filled in all of the missing items in the cockpit for me how I fly. No more external apps, or immersion killing Navigraph chart windows.

A wish list item for me would be having the GSX menu on it so I could do away with that window, too.  

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

2 hours ago, thepilot said:

Considering the features and user interface (what would Michelangelo say?) of this tablet, it is underwhelming at best... if it took them 18 months or so finish this then I'm seriously concerned about their engineering prowess. I hope they manage to come up with a decent 777. 

They released a very decent 777 in P3D (which I fly almost every day at the moment), so I see no reason why they will not be able to do it in MSFS.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

They released a very decent 777 in P3D (which I fly almost every day at the moment), so I see no reason why they will not be able to do it in MSFS.

Indeed Christopher, 

I'm back to P3D for a while now, enjoying that same 777 200 LR, and while I miss the EFB available if you purchase the ER version, and evn better fruter extend into the -300, I will not be ready to pay that amount right now for a P3dv5.4 addon which I don't really know if will ever be ported to P3Dv6 ( time will tell ).

I keep MFS in a (big because it's Premium Deluxe edition) corner of my disk, and every time I start it it's either for an update or to fly the **only** addon I still fly in MFS - the PMDG 737-700...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As a test, I turned off Simbrief downloader to see what changed. At the map screen, I realized that there was no flight plan saved anywhere for me to load up. I always load the flight plan on the map page because even though the Fenix and the PMDGs don't need it, MSFS does so that ATC will know what I'm doing. I ended that flight, and restarted the downloader. I changed the settings so that it saves the MSFS flight plan but nothing in the PMDG folders.  

After restarting the sim, I found that the process works exactly like it did before with the exception that it is now getting the information from Simbrief instead of the saved files. Enter departure airport and position on the pos init page. Click RTE at the bottom and type the destination airport code, which adds it to the departure airport code in the scratchpad. Press key next to CO ROUTE and then press FLT PLAN REQUEST key and it shows origin airport, destination airport, and distance on the next page. Press the select key and then press load and then the exec button after it lights up. Flight plan loaded. Simple. Then I press the DEP / ARR button and fill in the runways, SID and STAR. Continue with PERF, etc. after that. The only real difference that I see are there are 4 less files to clean up later.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

This tablet works great. Does what it says. I have to say I'm a recent convert to using the Navigraph in-tablet charts instead of the toolbar app window now. All the calculators work nice and the options are not too elaborate and overly cluttered. METAR has no issues in my location.

• Like 2

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

8 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

The thing that bugs me about this was all the hype that RSR built up about it over the past two years.  Calling it revolutionary, saying he was withholding previews because he wanted us to see it in a state where we could really appreciate its unique revolutionary design (similar to what he says about the 777).  And now all we have got is an extremely basic tablet that doesnt even come close to what we have with the Fenix efb in terms of features for example.  Im a VR user, so I am grateful to at least have the perf tool and charts, that will make flying the 737 much better, but I am a bit underwhelmed overall. 

I am also not sure if it was worth all the hype, it does seem very basic indeed.

Is there a way to automatically import the weights and fuel from Simbrief? I tried a couple of flights and from what I could see I still had to load the fuel & payload manually from the FMC. Not sure if I am missing something.

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

20 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I am also not sure if it was worth all the hype, it does seem very basic indeed.

Is there a way to automatically import the weights and fuel from Simbrief? I tried a couple of flights and from what I could see I still had to load the fuel & payload manually from the FMC. Not sure if I am missing something.

Nope no way to do that yet unfortunately...  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero