Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

It's been discovered on the beta forums, that it seems large mod folders are causing it. Though it hasn't been narrowed down yet how large.

Though someone else has found if you disable your internet connection, you can have mods in your community folder without it resetting your settings. Which makes it sound like it's connected to your settings being saved/retrieved from the cloud.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Which makes it sound like it's connected to your settings being saved/retrieved from the cloud.

has always been this way. that's why they are all right back they were before, even on a new fresh complete MSFS re-install or even on another computer.

p.s. probably what you meant.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Can we seee? 

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

4 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I have this as well...all the Assistance options are reverted to easy

It even happened to few hours before the Beta get released and I'm just an insider and didn't download the Beta on this PC 🙂

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

13 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Incl. Light sky color enhancements 

Does this mean we have to uninstall the other mod if this is the case?

thank you.

35 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Does this mean we have to uninstall the other mod if this is the case?

thank you.

I´m not sure if you HAVE to (can) or MUST. I think ASOBO adjusted the values, some user say with different parameters. If this means, the "ARPC" Version does not work anymore, I can´t tell you. I THINK it works with SU14 BETA as well, but I did not test this. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 hours ago, David Mills said:

I'm pleased to report that, with today's release of the SU14 beta, I can now use DX12 without any of the artifacting and other graphics anomalies that I previously suffered with DX12. Everything has been cleaned up nicely. With DX11, I was already getting spectacular fps even without Frame Generation. Now, I have even more fps headroom. Thank you, Asobo!

What about the screen flashing in DX12 with Bloom turned on? Did they fix that?

• Upvote 1

Eric 

2 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Would love to know that was well

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

49 minutes ago, B777ER said:

No, they have not changed that. This bug still occurs.😒

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

45 minutes ago, mwe_EDVK said:

No, they have not changed that. This bug still occurs.😒

What is this bug? I use DX12 with bloom and have never seen that before? 

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What is this bug? I use DX12 with bloom and have never seen that before? 

I had a flashing white screen (like a strobe light) from time to time but its long past since the last one occured. Not sure what changed since that.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

another small update this morning.  Not sure what

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

17 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

DLSS Swapper app says the DLL is actually still at version 2-something after the beta update.

In fact, the update actually regressed my version, which was 3.5.1, and I had to bring it back to the latest version.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Reading over at the official forums this all looks like a bit of a mess. I suppose that’s what betas are for, yet I’m still amazed that some of these things slip through the net, time and time again. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Reading over at the official forums this all looks like a bit of a mess. I suppose that’s what betas are for, yet I’m still amazed that some of these things slip through the net, time and time again. 

I've long since given up waiting for fixes from past beta regressions, pointless waiting in hope so I'm just looking forward to MSFS 2024 now to see what fresh hell that brings 😄

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)