Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

I checked your post history because other members alluded to your post history and after taking a look at it i am inclined to concur with Noel and Btacon... who i might add i usually do not concur frequently with.  Funny you posit the argument about "my game and feeling threatened". If that's your judgement that's on you.. your entitled to it but it demonstrates to me clearly that you really haven't been around here much.

Have a good one.

I haven't been around here much. Do I need to be?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dermot McClusky said:

I think we need some levity.

….and more funky hats 🤔

I got a new beta update today around 4:41PM est.... Was a new build released?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Hi,

Was going to sign up for the beta run this go around but then I read this and decided otherwise. " if your sim content is installed in the default path selected by the in-game content manager, you may have to reinstall the whole sim when moving from the test build to the public build."

I don't mind testing, I've done it may times. I'm actually testing some Alpha stage software at the moment.. But a complete reinstall. Ouch

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

1 hour ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

Was going to sign up for the beta run this go around but then I read this and decided otherwise. " if your sim content is installed in the default path selected by the in-game content manager, you may have to reinstall the whole sim when moving from the test build to the public build."

I don't mind testing, I've done it may times. I'm actually testing some Alpha stage software at the moment.. But a complete reinstall. Ouch

Re-installed twice so far since it came out. No more betas 🙂

• Like 2

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Is the sky fix been incorporated into SU14 so that we don't need to do the 3rd party hacks to get better sky colors? If so, can someone please post screenshots of the sky colors. I want to see if they have in fact been improved.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Is the sky fix been incorporated into SU14 so that we don't need to do the 3rd party hacks to get better sky colors? If so, can someone please post screenshots of the sky colors. I want to see if they have in fact been improved.

Yes they have been implemented. Sorry i cant post screenshots as i am not at home. To me the sky looks quite the same as with the "hack" although i read somewhere that Asobo used their own values. So i'd say you can uninstall the improvement mod by now.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

9 hours ago, Ant1975uk said:

You are fortunate.

Possibly - or could it be that he, like many, many more of us, simply knows how to run his machinery? One doesn’t need to “work in a global IT company” or “test software for a living” to know one’s way around a PC …

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Happy camper here. The small update fixed my easy assistance issue. 

Made a short flight and all looks/feels very well.

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The Beta installed ok here, but I have followed a path I've been skipping in previous beta installs:

- after opting for the Beta branch in Xbox Insider, and hitting the CONTINUE button there, even if XBox App pops up and shows an UPDATE button, I exit it, REBOOT my Win 11 desktop, and in the new session I open the STORE APP and push the base update from there. When it finishes pushing the smaller base update, I then start MFS 2020 and it prompts for the bigger update which is then transferred and installed.

I've completed a couple of flawless flights in the PMDG 737, now with the nice EFB, with no problems.

The *only* quirk is that indeed this update made a reset to all of mi ASSISTANCE options, which I then had to set for my liking. 

Anyway, I just read that a small update was made available today fixing the ASSISTANCE bug (?) 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never thrust them for flightims again...)

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Anyway, I just read that a small update was made available today fixing the ASSISTANCE bug (?) 

Unfortunately, no.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-sky-colors-etc-give-here-comparision-shots/614588/1

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

13 hours ago, Ant1975uk said:

This game is unstable and thats a fact Mr Btacon. Go visit the forums. A stable game would be working for everyone across multiple platforms.

You are surprised that a software as over the top complex as MSFS is having issues? And that from a userbase as big as MSFS's there are many complaints recorded? You do not reveal much insight in software development, if you think MSFS should be working for everyone...

Just as a hint, there are not many software products on this earth, which have such a high complexity, whcih have so man conflicting requirements and such challenging runtime dependencies. Looking at the average experience users have, MSFS is not broken but a running miracle!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, fsiscool said:

You are surprised that a software as over the top complex as MSFS is having issues? And that from a userbase as big as MSFS's there are many complaints recorded? You do not reveal much insight in software development, if you think MSFS should be working for everyone...

Just as a hint, there are not many software products on this earth, which have such a high complexity, whcih have so man conflicting requirements and such challenging runtime dependencies. Looking at the average experience users have, MSFS is not broken but a running miracle!

It's nothing like a miracle and its exactly this attitude and outlook that affords Microsoft and Asobo the leeway to be sloppy.