Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fenix block 2 delayed [31 October 2023]

The A320 is an incredibly complex aircraft. To simulate it properly is always going to cause headaches.  I trust in Fenix and wish them well for a release soon. 

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

9 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Sounds like the issue will only impact some of the visual upgrades planned for V2 Block2

It will not - we are working around it. 

• Like 20

Aamir Thacker

2 minutes ago, Aamir said:

It will not - we are working around it. 

Great to hear Aamir!

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Thanks! I appreciate the information and continue to look forward to Fifi’s haute couture appointment at Channel…

😉

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have a few hundred hours in the Fenix and one day I realized that it is the most boring aircraft in  any sim I have owned in the last three decades to fly.. You sit in the flight deck, watching the A320 fly itself. It looks nice, has some nice features, but really hard to stay awake flying it.  The PMDG 737, is much more of a challenge to fly, and lately I am flying the DC6 which really gets your attention. 

I don't know about that.  JF 146 and the MD-82/-83/-88 are great, great solid products.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I really don't get how anyone could say the Airbus is boring compared to a Boeing.  Sure, it's more automated, but aside from entering the frequencies, LOC course, fiddling with the heading enroute, and "dialing" in minimums, it's nearly the same.  You select flaps on both Airbus and Boeing.  You must program the FMC/CDU on both aircraft.  You must enter minimums on both Airbus and Boeing.  You must operate the lights, landing gear, APU, LOC and APP buttons, you must operate and arm the spoiler, tune radios, set altimeter - all on BOTH aircraft!  Airbus literally saves you from bugging up and entering in ILS frequencies...that's really it.  Even the 747-400 populates the ILS for you.

Aircraft that tend to be a handful are older jets or turboprops (727, DC9/MD-80, DC-10, L-1011, ATR, Dash-8, et cetera). 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I think a big problem on why simmers find certain aircraft to be boring is due to a lack of effective WX/AI/ATC. Depart JFK during rush hour with a weather hold and 20 planes lining up, with a controller spitting 30 words a second at you, and you'll appreciate the automation. I hope BeyondATC and MSFS2024 can really bring out the weather / traffic / atc aspects of flying, because it's sorely missed for those who want more excitement in their flying.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Every flight must be boring and uneventful. We are sled dogs. Should be happy arriving at gate in time.

Edited by Vitold69
  • Upvote 2

Or, you know. Make use of one of the three hundred odd failures if you're getting bored.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

2 hours ago, WestAir said:

I think a big problem on why simmers find certain aircraft to be boring is due to a lack of effective WX/AI/ATC

Yes ATC and weather introduces some different possibilities with flights and helps to make each flight feel a bit more unique. 

• Upvote 1

I guess, if you want boring, go with the Honda Jet.  It's a fun little plane, once you get used to the twitchy flight dynamics; however, even the lights are automatically generated.

The pax get bored, as shown with my flight to LAS tonight 😄

spacer.png

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

3 hours ago, Orlaam said:

I really don't get how anyone could say the Airbus is boring compared to a Boeing.

Boeing at least when it comes to the 737 vs the 320 has more busy work, so for some people that makes it seem more exciting. I'm having a blast with the Fenix at the moment though. Really is a great plane. The pmdg 737 I owned in fsx and is great as well. All that being said I have managed to cause all sorts of problems with the a320. I started push back and guess my IRS weren't fully aligned ended up only having gps on the captain side and did an autoland with only one autopilot. Left my plane in autopilot during cruise awhile ago and next thing I know there was an alarm and auto pilot had disconnected. The waypoint was somehow behind me. Not even sure what happened to cause me to go off course like that so I just went direct to the next waypoint. I've also managed to screw up my engine starts (think I didn't turn on the apu bleed). I make all sorts of stupid mistakes and the plane lets me know

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, red259 said:

Boeing at least when it comes to the 737 vs the 320 has more busy work, so for some people that makes it seem more exciting. I'm having a blast with the Fenix at the moment though. Really is a great plane. The pmdg 737 I owned in fsx and is great as well. All that being said I have managed to cause all sorts of problems with the a320. I started push back and guess my IRS weren't fully aligned ended up only having gps on the captain side and did an autoland with only one autopilot. Left my plane in autopilot during cruise awhile ago and next thing I know there was an alarm and auto pilot had disconnected. The waypoint was somehow behind me. Not even sure what happened to cause me to go off course like that so I just went direct to the next waypoint. I've also managed to screw up my engine starts (think I didn't turn on the apu bleed). I make all sorts of stupid mistakes and the plane lets me know

Well, I think that's the point.  If you fly a plane often enough and sort of master the standard procedures, it isn't difficult anymore.  🙃

- Chris

2 hours ago, Aamir said:

Or, you know. Make use of one of the three hundred odd failures if you're getting bored.

But then I'd have to do paperwork. 😄

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

6 hours ago, Orlaam said:

I really don't get how anyone could say the Airbus is boring compared to a Boeing. 

That sentence says more about you then Bobsk8 😉 
What Bobsk8 said is his opinion based on his feelings, his experience and how he sees it.....
There is a golden rule: 

"Who feels has always right"

Which also counts for your feelings, experiences and opinions of course.

😉 (Please do not take this as an attack, but rather as a way how people could see things lighter and let everyone has his own opinion. Otherwise: The whole world would be simple and boring 😉

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png