Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Fenix block 2 delayed [31 October 2023]

Just so people understand things a bit more. 

It's very simple folks. There was a chance it could have made it today if we wrapped and nabbed the issues we needed to.

https://fselite.net/content/fenix-simulations-a320-v2-block-2-delayed/ (some pics below of the visual upgrades.. more in the FSElite article)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

34 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

Better think about Christmas time 😀

21 posts to your name. Do you only come out to Troll?  Not an auspicious start my friend, just sayin’.

-B

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Those pictures are stunning. Love the level of detail. And it uses less resources too. Sweet.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

1 hour ago, MikeH99 said:

Sorry to hear. How we tracking with the A321 CFM?

No idea. The A319 and A321 expansion will depend on how A320 v2 Block 2 roll-out goes, and more importantly, when.

Per the article linked from the Discord faq (my emphasis)

The improvements we've made with V2 have provided a stronger foundation to build upon for this expansion. We intend to release these [aircraft] by the end of the year, as a single expansion package

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Delays are understandable. I wonder if this will give FSLabs a chance to bring out the A321 spotted on Volanta they’ve been flying in 2020. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

17 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Delays are understandable. I wonder if this will give FSLabs a chance to bring out the A321 spotted on Volanta they’ve been flying in 2020. 

whaaaatt?!? Do you have a link, what do you mean spotted on Volanta? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

40 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

whaaaatt?!? Do you have a link, what do you mean spotted on Volanta? 

Don’t have a link but this was already discussed here several times that one of the Devs was flying one. It was around the time Concorde was also spotted prior to release. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

https://fselite.net/content/fenix-simulations-a320-v2-block-2-delayed/ (some pics below of the visual upgrades.. more in the FSElite article)

I'm happy enough with the PMDG 737-700, the FBW A320, the Headwinds A330-900 and the Horizon Sim 787-9 - I think I have all the modern airliners I'll need for a couple of years.

But I have to hand it to Fenix - I don't think I've ever seen such texturing on a flight sim model before. The detail is breathtaking - a feast for the eyes. Absolutely wonderful.

• Like 5

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Just checking in to see if those active on Discord have heard any further news re. Fifi?

I know Amir pops by here from time to time, and perhaps I have missed an update?

For those who like to rabidly protest even polite requests for news- imagine if we did not care. Genuine anticipation- that’s all.

Ta- C

• Like 5

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

8 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Just checking in to see if those active on Discord have heard any further news re. Fifi?

I know Amir pops by here from time to time, and perhaps I have missed an update?

For those who like to rabidly protest even polite requests for news- imagine if we did not care. Genuine anticipation- that’s all.

Ta- C

Latest from Aamir in Fenix discord:

Aamir — 23/11/2023 00:45
One of the major issues we have right now is detail maps; we rely heavily on them for the V2 and built the new art around them, however they seem to just not function properly on some exports and sometimes, scarily, on the user's side. It seems to have been introduced in a recent(ish) SDK update, but where we're screwed is that we need the fixes in the new SDK for several features, but also need the old one to export a working model. We're having to quite significantly roll back on several months of work as it seems Asobo will not be addressing this issue anytime soon (the bug report was sent several months ago), whilst still meeting our initial objectives. The worst bit is, this fix is likely just a few lines of code somewhere in the MSFS shaders, but nothing we can change sadly.

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, AndreMP said:

Latest from Aamir in Fenix discord:

That's too bad. Sounds like the issue will only impact some of the visual upgrades planned for V2 Block2 however, and it sucks Fenix is having spend time rolling back some enhancements in this area. But given that the aircraft is already stellar visually, as long we get all the other planned improvements it'd be great to have it soon. Not sure if MS/Asobo can be made aware of this bug via a publicly reported issue and upvoted and/or brought up at this week's Q&A (Fenix probably submitted it via internal channels?).

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

That's too bad. Sounds like the issue will only impact some of the visual upgrades planned for V2 Block2 however, and it sucks Fenix is having spend time rolling back some enhancements in this area. But given that the aircraft is already stellar visually, as long we get all the other planned improvements it'd be great to have it soon. Not sure if MS/Asobo can be made aware of this bug via a publicly reported issue and upvoted and/or brought up at this week's Q&A (Fenix probably submitted it via internal channels?).

I agree. Don't have any hopes for this project anytime soon. Hopefully, Inbuilds will fill this gap soon. And yes...perfect is the enemy of good.

• Like 1