Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

SU14 beta - Assistance Reset Fix

I've found a temporary fix in the official MSFS forum to keep all  custom/hard Assistance Settings. Once you have set all Assistance Options as you prefer, turn OFF Online Functionality, before you shut down MSFS. Then next time you start MSFS, it will not be online, and therefore not try to download and set the Assistance Options to Easy, and they will remain the same as they were when you last had MSFS running. After you have reached the Opening Screen, you can turn ON Online Functionality again, before you start your flight. Remember to turn it off again before you shut down MSFS. It's not a perfect fix but at least you don't have to go through all assistance options every time.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Using SU beta 14 here and after the small update I only needed to put the settings  back one last time and now they are staying the way I put them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

30 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Using SU beta 14 here and after the small update I only needed to put the settings  back one last time and now they are staying the way I put them.

As stated elsewhere, the latest small SU14b update did not cure the issue and was not the purpose of this update. But you can be lucky if your assistance options aren't reset. Maybe its pure coincidence. The issue is not present for everyone, and it is not 100% clear what's causing it. But many beta participants are still reporting it. For me, the above fix works fine and I hope it can help others too. That's why I posted it here.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks, Harry, it indeed works as far as I don't forget to turn off the Online Functionality, which happens 90% of the time !
(Well, I didn't find a fix yet for my premature senility !! 😄)

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Also SU14 Beta update breaks animations with Miltech Supercarrier Pro, awaiting fix from Asobo

I read somewhere that a community folder that is too big in size could cause this issue. I removed all unused stuff from there and voila, never had the problem again.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

According to Community manager SeedyL, Asobo have found the issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming Beta patch, but most likely not the next patch as they already finalized what will be in that one.

5 hours ago, jymp said:

Also SU14 Beta update breaks animations with Miltech Supercarrier Pro, awaiting fix from Asobo

That's not a bug, they intentionally disabled simobject animations for testing purposes, they will be reenabled in a future Beta update.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

It's really strange because I'm on SU14 beta and have never had loss the assistance settings.  Great that there's a temp solution for those that do have the problem though.

I do keep my Community folder to an absolute minimum.  It's usually only the plane I'm about to fly, a couple of sceneries, The TDS GTN and Axis & Ohs.

Edited by JYW
typo

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I read somewhere that a community folder that is too big in size could cause this issue. I removed all unused stuff from there and voila, never had the problem again.

Indeed. If I run the sim in safe mode the issue does not occur. But in normal mode I have to reset the assistance settings. But even if I do, if I fly the Fenix, the sim considers that I am flying a Volocopter and sets the settings accordingly.😀 It's borked.

7 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I read somewhere that a community folder that is too big in size could cause this issue.

has been identified as incorrect, can happen even with empty Community folder.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/assistance-options-get-reset-to-default-on-every-startup/614589/353

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

According to Community manager SeedyL, Asobo have found the issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming Beta patch, but most likely not the next patch as they already finalized what will be in that one.

That's not a bug, they intentionally disabled simobject animations for testing purposes, they will be reenabled in a future Beta update.

And I've noticed how smooth the sim runs, too. I wonder if they found something in the simobject animation system that was causing poor performance? All of my flights have been unusually stutter free on landing and during taxi to the gate.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

13 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

A way to hold off on those pesky mandatory updates that breaks stuff?

It’s a beta 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

A way to hold off on those pesky mandatory updates that breaks stuff?

Other than completely disconnecting from the internet, than no.

This update isn't out for another month either way, it's in beta, says right in the title.

Edited by Tuskin38

25 minutes ago, chapstick said:

It’s a beta 

I was being 'tongue in cheek', I am in the BETA.

I was thinking of all the times of final releases followed by the myriad of complaints of regression and broken features, like the time an update wiped out my logbook.

I saw this as a way of holding off updating till I feel confident, should I so desire. Shows how little I know about the inner workings of MSFS.

Just a thought.

Edited by Romeo_Tango
add information

Robin