Sign in to follow this  
SAS443

Gamereactor interview with Jorg Neumann

Just checked - and yes, once again, it has indeed been a very slow news day over in the Xanadu forum.

• Like 8

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 minute ago, SierraDelta said:

Just checked - and yes, once again, it has indeed been a very slow news day over in the Xanadu forum.

The party is here in the MSFS forum and they keep trying to crash the party here 🤣.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

to Franz0007's rescue: the initial MSFS version had me also somewhat torn between two lovers: x-plane and MSFS because the initial avionics were a big let down. But that and the rest is history now.  

• Like 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

13 minutes ago, turbomax said:

just finished a short day VFR flight over the Mojave desert to KPSP. I would never have done that without MSFS's new scenery and graphics

Similarly, due to the scenery, for the first time in 25 years of flight simming, I have flown helicopters (badly)! 🥴

40 minutes ago, Cognita said:

This is not about competition. There was no competition. There could be no competition.

There is competition, just not on an exact 1:1 basis.

LM launch satellites and (allegedly) have areas of the globe in far higher resolution and more up-to-date than available on Bing maps. Select military customers can access this to enhance their versions of P3D. The sim also allows for land and sea training ops and realistic replication of weaponry and ordnance.

Similarly, LR has commercial customers of its own that appreciate what the XP platform can deliver with its flight model based on 'blade element theory'.

The point is, LM and LR are in competition and are holding their own against MS for now. However, they'll need to raise their respective games, as you can be sure that MS will be looking to win some lucrative commercial contracts when MSFS reaches a more mature stage.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Sticks and stones can break the sim, but words can never get through to Asobo LOL. Good thing sticks and stones are going to be everywhere in the sim now, the terminals, taxiways, on top of buildings. Think of all the ways the sim will be able to break now!

Seriously though, if they're paying that much attention to detail, it's going to be a feast for the eyes. I really hope with the new engine they've ironed out most of the wrinkles that were plaguing 2020. If we can use an avatar to walk around, that's gonna breathe new life into the sim. Imagine landing (or crash landing) and hiking around. Even cooler would be if you're in multiplayer and others can see your avatar....and you can board other people's planes. You could have real life simulated SAR! Heard that shared cockpit will come by default in 2024, as well. The possibilities are endless when we don't have any concrete information to work with haha.

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

My memory is that it took literally decades, and multiple iterations, for our legacy sims to reach that level.

Yes. And as a potential customer I am expecting from a new software to not start at zero again, them to figure out how a plane flies first or what a metar is and that the conditions should at least match more or less the actual metars etc.

• Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

3 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

Yes. And as a potential customer I am expecting from a new software to not start at zero again, them to figure out how a plane flies first or what a metar is and that the conditions should at least match more or less the actual metars etc.

Starting at zero (to me) and not being held back by accumulated legacy programming is far more exciting (again, to me) as far as modern potential and expansion, than putting yet more lipstick on our old, aging pigs....

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 minutes ago, turbomax said:

to Franz0007's rescue: the initial MSFS version had me also somewhat torn between two lovers: x-plane and MSFS because the initial avionics were a big let down. But that and the rest is history now.  

Yes this has improved and is an advantage for some. It never really affected me since I almost never use default aircrafts but payware « study-levels » because my expectations have increased in 35 years of using PC-sims 😊 The moment I started to use MSFS was almost only because of the Fenix. I think they are absolutely great devs and want to reach a very high-fidelity. I have a lot of respect for them and I hope that 2024 will be a plateform that will allow them to developp their full potential.

16 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The party is here in the MSFS forum and they keep trying to crash the party here 🤣.

I am so happy to be able to party with you and these underwater-pebbles. This will be the party i had always dreamed of 🙏

2 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

I am so happy to be able to party with you and these underwater-pebbles. This will be the party i had always dreamed of 🙏

Puddles vs pebbles.

Sim war continues... 😉

• Like 4

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

Franz007, let's meet in our cozy SU14-beta bar. that's where we meet after another another night of ASSISTANCE bug testing. hurry up before it gets fixed. First drink is on me. 

Thanks for the invitation. But I don’t drink alcohol because this makes me see the world in pink 😉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Yup absolutely, MSFS has nothing to offer but built-in-arcade-races, please share more of your insightful wisdom with us!

That’s not exactly what I said. I said that out of a few of great functionalities we had before, they didn’t offered it. Not everything, but some that for many users are quite important. That’s why - from my perspective and experience with sims - i have considered it as a step back (that the visuals could not compensate). 

55 minutes ago, Cognita said:

There was no competition. There could be no competition.

because Microsoft is after the home entertainment market exclusively, anything beyond that is purely coincidental (drive)-by flying, LM and LR are going after the commercial market. while there is always a certain amount of overlap, it is unintended. that's a reasonable market split and in the best interest for all of us.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

6 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Puddles vs pebbles.

Sim war continues... 😉

Haha true. Knowing puddles impact the runway and pebbles impact…the underwater-world of crabs and fishes, I know which of both is more important for me 😉

10 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

But I don’t drink alcohol

fine, how about some wodka or whiskey instead.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

very nice.