Sign in to follow this  
polosim

SimWorks Studios Pilatus PC-12 released

9 minutes ago, jon b said:

will contrails update it ? I don't seem to have an update option, it's greyed out

It will automatically show up under 'Downloads' up top.  It was updated pretty quickly on Contrail....should be there for you.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

33 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

New Update Out:

cool, once it is available on SimMarket I will purchase, so far they only offer .01 version.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

MANUAL

• Added credit to E. Vaos

Ahh, this is very interesting.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Thought i would post this here as I know not everyone does Discord. But this was announced on the SWS server:

Following the release of PC-12 Legacy v.1.0.5 yesterday, we are working on another update to be released next Wednesday or Thursday. The main item for that version is the heading hold problem when running the TDS GTNXi. We are also looking at other minor corrections such as some bugs with the standby OBS but overall the plane will be in a state where we are content leaving it for the holidays. The PC-12 is also available on ORBX Direct as of today. There is a chance we will release the PC-12 in the MS Store on Thursday the 21st, but it will depend on whether we can close out our testing and fixing on Monday evening. With that done, we can focus on addressing a couple of Xbox related issues in January and release on that platform in late January/early February. Last thing about the PC-12 but not least, the Paint Kit was released along with an updated version of the Checklist, these can be found in the “Free Extras” section on the PC-12 product page: https://simworksstudios.com/pc12-legacy-msfs.html Finally, we would like to inform you that the SWS members will be on a holiday break after Friday the 22nd and will return on January 8th, so we will not be able to answer any queries or support requests during that time. 

• Like 5

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Anyone know if you can dim or brighten the orange flood lights at night on the SWS PC-12?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, jwhak said:

Anyone know if you can dim or brighten the orange flood lights at night on the SWS PC-12?

Thanks

I'm not at the sim right now so I couldn't tell you exactly which one it is. But it's one of the small knobs above the rocker switches that control the cockpit lights at the bottom of the pedestal.

• Like 1

FLOOD: Controls the orange flood lights situated under the glareshield
panel and over the circuit breaker panels. A rheostat is provided to control
the brightness.  Got it Thank You Sir.

Happy Landings

An excellent channel for the PC12 by an experienced PC12 pilot,with specific comparisons to the SWS aircraft, more videos to come soon I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/@GeneStuart/videos

• Like 6

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 12/14/2023 at 8:54 PM, jon b said:

Ahh, this is very interesting.  (E. Vaos).

Should I know who that is?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Maybe not, but I’m sure you’ll be familiar with his work 🙂

Dr Evangelos Vaos has a PhD in computational fluid dynamics, but you’ll know him from his work as the guy who programs the PMDG  flight models, which for airliners are the best in home simulation, in my opinion.

He likes to keep a low profile, but when I was involved years ago in testing the FSX 747 with PMDG my wife and I were lucky enough to go out for dinner with him in his homeland of Greece.

Probably the most intelligent person I’ve ever met , and when he explained the programming of the 747 flight model aerodynamics all I could do is nod, although I’m sure my wife kept up 😂

So, I was interested to see his name there, although I can’t seem to actually find it in the manual so don’t know his level of involvement.  However wherever he is involved you can be sure of some pretty fancy aerodynamics going off in the background.

Edited by jon b
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

New PC-12 Update

For the PC-12, the first highlight of the update is the yaw damper, which is now much more responsive and quicker to co-ordinate the aircraft during turns. The plane is now much easier to fly and considerably less rudder input is required when the YD is active. Next is improved interoperability with the TDS GTNXi. The autopilot PIDs have been modified for heading hold mode, so the aircraft will be able to hold a heading with wings level. A known issue is that during the last five degrees of the intercept the autopilot will pause once and continue turning to intercept. This is a concession we had to make as we wanted to keep the smooth trimming transition when the Autopilot is turned on or off, otherwise the aircraft would jump upon AP activation. The new update also makes the switching of GPS units easier. The mod files to switch from GNS to TDS/PMS are now contained in a separate folder in the MSFS Community directory, and you can easily swap from one to the other by installing the corresponding mod instead of re-installing the full aircraft. Another major fix is the cabin temperature simulation. A single missing curly brace is the culprit that caused the interior temperatures to be unpredictable and sometimes a bit too extreme. The interior airflow is now correct and temperature transitions between the cabin, cockpit and outside world are now smooth. One more is that the autopilot panel annunciators for APPROACH mode have been improved. Some users reported that the AP would follow RNAV approaches, but the AP would not indicate that APPR mode is active. This has been rectified and we did a number of RNAV approaches to confirm that it works as intended. The EFIS annunciations and scaling of GP/CDI have NOT been updated as the complex nature of that instrument does not allow us to make these changes in such short time. We have already planned this and will proceed with a refactoring of the EFIS after the break. It is also worth noting that Autopilot TRIM TEST is now functional and a required preflight item in order to operate the autopilot. The standby CDI has also been rewritten, featuring a custom localiser needle that bypasses limitations imposed by MSFS default logic. Many more small fixes have been made, such as strengthening and improving the night lighting of the instrument panels, code clean-ups and minor bugs addressed. After the holiday break we will focus on ironing out some flight model quirks reported, such as improved yaw handling and the faster than normal acceleration at speeds below 130kts. We will also correct any reported bugs to the EFIS50 integration before releasing into the Marketplace. With these done, we will proceed to work on the flight plan and WXR modes of the HSI and our tablet.

• Like 5

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Sounds like a good update. Especially concerning the yaw.  I've never known a plane yaw around as much on finals as this one. Sometimes I feel like I'm flying sideways 😄   Still love it though.   The sounds, the cockpit, the ambience.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hmmm, I held off buying this plane but after reading that update I thought I would give it a go and it hasn't gone well so far.

I'm getting some extremely strange and funky behaviour with regard to frame rate, jitters and even a weird graphic thing where I'm seeing a rain drop run down the interior of my cockpit which is freaky looking. It was truly unusable and something must be wrong. I noticed that looking left and right out of the plane my frame rate sticks to the 60 it's locked at like every other plane until I looked forward and it would lose 10 and drop to 50. Then, at semi-regular intervals it would drop down to 40 and then back up to 55. Looking left or right the frame rate would go back up to 60. I was wondering if the prop animation has something to do with it. However, when looking around with TrackIr there is this intolerable jitter that comes and goes even when the frame rate is at 60.

After trying to fly two circuits I shut it down and tried some of my other planes and all is absoslutely fine. Restarted the sims and tried the PC-12 again and again the same thing. A totally eratic frame rate and a dreadful jitter along with the phantom random interior rain drop. It feels like the cockpit is haunted by the teardrop of someone.

I didn't have much time to get to the bottom of it but was so convinced something has gone wrong here that I have uninstalled it and when I have time I will download it again to try again because what I saw can't be right. Not sure when that will be, probabaly not until after Christmas now. If that doesn't work I will have to reach out to the developer because it's unusable for me in this state.

Also, it wasn't obvious how to uninstall it. It doesn't appear in "add or remove programs" like any other planes and the manual doesn't tell you. There is an uninstall.exe in the aircraft folder in the community folder if anyone is looking for it.

Update: I have a spare half hour this morning so I just downloaded it again and reinstalled it. This time I installed it with different GPS options. Before I chose the PMS with Sky4Sim and this time I chose chose the default. Loaded up in the same place I always do and the frame rate was locked at 60 no matter where I panned around. However, I don't have my Track Ir or any of my controllers attached so I can't take off and fly to properly try it but what I was seeing last night is no longer there. I'm hoping that something went wrong with the install. When trying to buy it their website was having terrible trouble and it took me a while to be able to purchase it. I nearly didn't because it was behaving so badly I wondered if it would mess up the payment. Perhaps something went wrong along the line. Or perhaps there is something wrong with the installation when selecting PMS and Sky4Sim. Could be any of many things and I shall have to do much more testing to see if I can get it to happen again.

I'll report back on this when I have time.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Installed the new version with the TDS GTN and took off with high hopes. Autopilot in Heading mode seemed more stable but after about 10 min the Autopilot went bonkers and the plane was all over the place, thought it was turbulence but when I disengaged the AP the plane was smooth and steady.

Thought the landings would be better with the mods to the flight model but even with no wind the plane was sliding / yawing all over the place on finals approach. Tried with YD on or off, could not see any difference. Was hoping for much better based on my experience the SWS Kodiak.

Waste of money, back to the hanger and out comes the trusty A2A Comanche.

Johan Pienaar

I appreciate these reports, I haven’t bought this yet but am certainly interested.

This one seems to be polarizing, some seem to be having a great time with it, and others still have a lot of issues even after several patches.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU